Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I did not like talaash

aamir was good in these movies 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I'm not too sure but I heard SRK was offered the role portrayed by Madhavan.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MDNA

Lagaan 

3 Idiots

Rang De Basanti

Talaash

glad Aamir did these movies.  SRK hams. 

What do you think? ðŸ¤£

I liked all these films as they are 

teri_Sanem thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Stale sa topic leke aage phir

atominis thumbnail

He rejected DCH also. Glad he rejected those films. He was a misfit for these films anyway. SRK only plays safe. He never had it in him to do a Lagaan, DCH, RDB, 3 Idiots.

I am also glad he rejected Munnabhai MBBS. He could never have done what Sanju did in Munnabhai series. 

It was his loss that he remained confined to same old rom coms by YRF, Dharma and Farah Khan. 

He is a limited ham actor only good for romantic roles and now flopping since he is too old and jaded for those same old lover boy roles. He never had it in him to play Bhuvan, Rancho, Akash, DJ, Munnabhai etc.

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Good for SRK. His movies are a 1000x better. Aamir can take his scraps.

atominis thumbnail

Aamir's films like Lagaan, DCH, RDB, 3 Idiots  are modern day classics and acclaimed worldwide. The films you call scraps, broke records and one of them also got nominated for Oscars. Whereas films like K3G, MHN are only subject of memes and jokes now. 

No wonder Aamir gave even bigger hits like PK, Dangal while the other was giving disasters like Ra One. 🤣

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: atominis

Aamir's films like Lagaan, DCH, RDB, 3 Idiots  are modern day classics and acclaimed worldwide. The films you call scraps, broke records and one of them also got nominated for Oscars. Whereas films like K3G, MHN are only subject of memes and jokes now. 

No wonder Aamir gave even bigger hits like PK, Dangal while the other was giving disasters like Ra One. 🤣

I ask you which movies are more rewatchable and discussed these days? Who talks about Lagaan or 3 Idiots now? The YRJ and KJo movies still merit discussion and have some of the most popular Bollywood songs ever. Every wedding or event will play music from SRK's classic films. Meanwhile do you ever hear Zoobi Doobi played? SRK's movies would be immortalized by their songs alone, without even accounting for their magnificent performances and blockbuster grosses.

Also you conveniently ignored that SRK's movies regularly were the #1 highest grossing movie of the year during the 90s and 2000s. Overseas he is still king and was #1 at the international box office in the 2010s. That's the reason he is called the King of Bollywood unlike Mr. Perfectionist who boycotts award ceremonies because they did not award him once. That reminds me, look at how many Filmfare Awards and National Awards SRK is the recipient of compared to Aamir. SRK worldwide is the bigger star: more recognized, has more endorsements, and is considered the richest star in all the world. 

Let's also consider their respective treatment of women. SRK's movies have been universally loved by women because of how he always showcases his female co-star and gives them meaty and groundbreaking roles. Can you see Aamir letting his female lead take top billing over him when he barely gives them good roles in his movies in the first place? After the 90s, Aamir became very particular about scripts that showcase him and only him, perhaps feeling his talent will not pull through alone. SRK has no such compunctions or insecurities for he has always respected women. SRK has about a dozen classic jodis and his co-stars always praise him and say he is their favorite actor to work with. Aamir only had one classic jodi which was with Juhi and he cut her off as well due to his hostile and intolerant personality.

Finally you bring up SRK's latest flops but then why not balance out the playing field and remember Aamir's most embarrassing moments. Thugs of Hindustan??? His embarrassing attempt at an item song?

filmfanatic45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I ask you which movies are more rewatchable and discussed these days? Who talks about Lagaan or 3 Idiots now? The YRJ and KJo movies still merit discussion and have some of the most popular Bollywood songs ever. Every wedding or event will play music from SRK's classic films. Meanwhile do you ever hear Zoobi Doobi played? SRK's movies would be immortalized by their songs alone, without even accounting for their magnificent performances and blockbuster grosses.

Also you conveniently ignored that SRK's movies regularly were the #1 highest grossing movie of the year during the 90s and 2000s. Overseas he is still king and was #1 at the international box office in the 2010s. That's the reason he is called the King of Bollywood unlike Mr. Perfectionist who boycotts award ceremonies because they did not award him once. That reminds me, look at how many Filmfare Awards and National Awards SRK is the recipient of compared to Aamir. SRK worldwide is the bigger star: more recognized, has more endorsements, and is considered the richest star in all the world. 

Let's also consider their respective treatment of women. SRK's movies have been universally loved by women because of how he always showcases his female co-star and gives them meaty and groundbreaking roles. Can you see Aamir letting his female lead take top billing over him when he barely gives them good roles in his movies in the first place? After the 90s, Aamir became very particular about scripts that showcase him and only him, perhaps feeling his talent will not pull through alone. SRK has no such compunctions or insecurities for he has always respected women. SRK has about a dozen classic jodis and his co-stars always praise him and say he is their favorite actor to work with. Aamir only had one classic jodi which was with Juhi and he cut her off as well due to his hostile and intolerant personality.

Finally you bring up SRK's latest flops but then why not balance out the playing field and remember Aamir's most embarrassing moments. Thugs of Hindustan??? His embarrassing attempt at an item song?

1. In the 2000s, no. Hrithik had the HGOTY in 2000, 2003, and 2006. SRK in 2002, 2004, and 2007. Aamir had two in the remaining years (2008 and 2009 with Ghajini and 3 Idiots, respectively), and Gadar and No Entry were HGOTYs in 2001 and 2005, in that order.

Having 3/10 HGOTYs is not "regularly." 

Since 2000, SRK has 4 movies with above 2k crore footfalls: K3G, Mohabbatein, Chennai Express, and Devdas. Both Mohabbatein and K3G also had Amitabh, and K3G of course had Hrithik as well. 

In comparison, Salman, Aamir, and Hrithik have 9, 5, and 5 films respectively above 2k crore footfalls. Of course, I am happy to factor in that one of HR's 5 -- K3G -- was a multi-starrer with Amitabh and SRK.

2. While I am fine criticizing Aamir's treatment of women, on a number of grounds, to suggest that SRK is some paragon of this is hilarious. Being complicit in Salman's atrocious treatment of Aishwarya was cowardly, and SRK deserves zero brownie-points given the damage he inflicted on her career.

Edited by filmfanatic45 - 2 years ago