Kriti Sanon was terribly average in Mimi

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Saw Mimi and the movie was Ok, performances were okay, music was okay...an average movie overall IMO.

But what struck me was the average performance of Kriti Sanon. She was painfully below expectations and this forum had hyped her up to no end so I was expecting something out of the ordinary.

What exactly did you guys find so good in her performance? It's not even her career-best performance!

She was much more natural and authentic in Bareilly Ki Barfi!

Feel free to agree/disagree/discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail

Film is ordinary. Pankaj Tripathi is the best part of the film.

Kriti did show improvement as an actor in this film and I was surprised to see her pull off scenes in which she gets possessive about her baby when the White couple come to take baby back from her. 

She has improved a lot from being the non actor PYT she was earlier. 

I thought she was okayish in parts before she becomes a mother. But she was good in parts when her character gives birth and slowly becomes attached to the baby.

I found the film rushed though and did not understand how families of Kriti and Pankaj Tripathi became okay or got educated about their misconceptions or why Pankaj's character continued to live with Kriti's family leaving his own. The film has lot of loose ends and missed opportunities to educate people about surrogacy, laws, myths, ethical issues around it.

But Kriti has shown improvement as an actor in the film IMHO. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: atominis

Film is ordinary. Pankaj Tripathi is the best part of the film.

Kriti did show improvement as an actor in this film and I was surprised to see her pull off scenes in which she gets possessive about her baby when the White couple come to take baby back from her. 

She has improved a lot from being the non actor PYT she was earlier. 

I thought she was okayish in parts before she becomes a mother. But she was good in parts when her character gives birth and slowly becomes attached to the baby.

I found the film rushed though and did not understand how families of Kriti and Pankaj Tripathi became okay or got educated about their misconceptions or why Pankaj's character continued to live with Kriti's family leaving his own. The film has lot of loose ends and missed opportunities to educate people about surrogacy, laws, myths, ethical issues around it.

But Kriti has shown improvement as an actor in the film IMHO. 

Completely agree👏

atominis thumbnail

Pankaj Tripathi is a delightful actor. So endearing, likeable and pleasant to watch on screen. Amazing versatility. He can be menacing villain, sarcastic, sardonic, humorous, comical, simpleton- anything he wants.

Manoj and Nawaz are also great actors but lack ability to fit into simple adorable characters.

Tripathi deserves every bit of success he has now. Lifts even most mundane scenes with his presence and talent. Perfect for common man or small town characters. No air of elitism in him. I love his ads also. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Thnk you so much! I was main akeli sarphiri hoon who found her average😆 More than her, I feel Sai was better and Pankajl Tripathi was the best part of it (but it's like his comfort zone, being the bets part of the movie) 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I found her average to below average in most of her films …

The slightly above average performances were panipath and mimi

Her problem is she always looks like she walked out of a fashion magazine shoot , put on dowdy clothes to play *small town girl* with hair and makeup intact….

Robs the character off it’s authenticity …something looks off and always looks like it’s a highly glam actress playing a role …

Ekaanek100 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Kisi ne toh bola 

priya185 thumbnail

She was okay better than her usual performances

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pathaka

Her problem is she always looks like she walked out of a fashion magazine shoot , put on dowdy clothes to play *small town girl* with hair and makeup intact….

Robs the character off it’s authenticity …something looks off and always looks like it’s a highly glam actress playing a role …

Exactly. Karthik and her stuck out like sore thumbs in Luka Chuppi. The makeup, hair the way they wear the clothes all shouted out Big City imports. But yes, she's miles better in Mimi and Panipat.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Worse than average 

But did she archive the posts 🤣