Santa Prompts are Coming to Town [Note on pg 73] - Page 4

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by LizzieBennet

Also please keep in mind to include only Hindi/ Hollywood movies/ TV shows. We cannot accept regional shows unfortunately. 

Also the writing should be all in English with a few phrases allowed in Hindi!

Hey, wait a minute! The relevant rule is:

You can create your own character or write a one-shot based on any Hollywood/Bollywood movie or web or TV show.

The rule allows "any TV show" - it doesn't say that the TV show can't be regional. Why would you accept original characters but not regional TV characters? India Forums has a discussion thread for Sundarā Manāmadhe Bharalī, so why would a fan fiction about this show be automatically rejected?

I accept that the story has to be in English for readability. My fan fiction often includes Marathi and Saṃskṛta verses and dialogue along with English translation. If a character sings, why can't the song be in any language, as long as it's translated into English, so that the judges can evaluate the story on its artistic merit?

You are inviting stories about any holiday of the season ("or just a general celebration") - and this inclusive spirit should include regional holidays and the regional TV characters who observe them.

I respectfully ask that if the rules of the contest need any clarification (e.g. "no regional TV shows, even those that are discussed on India Forums" or "not one word in any regional language, even with English translation"), that clarification should be placed in the Rules post.

A major section of the forum are Hindi watching and BW following people. But your point was duly noted and the post has been updated. Thank you for bringing it to our notice. 

It is sort of understood when said that Bollywood movies/TV shows/Webshows that we are talking about ITV Hindi shows or webshows in Hindi. But yeah, hope that sorts it out. 

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago

Do participate if time permits 😳

Originally posted by Serpensortia

Do participate if time permits 😳

Thank you so much for the tag! ❤️❤️❤️ I already took up a prompt 😳

Hi!!

I would like to take Prompt 2…

One clarification:- Is it okay to take just the characters from the show but not the story that is being shown, like if I am writing on Arnav and Khushi, then I can write a world totally different from what is shown in the show?

Originally posted by Scribble19

Hi!!

I would like to take Prompt 2…

One clarification:- Is it okay to take just the characters from the show but not the story that is being shown, like if I am writing on Arnav and Khushi, then I can write a world totally different from what is shown in the show?

Oh yes, of course😅

Wohoo, Christmas os contest is here 🥳

All the best to everyone who is participating!

The thread looks so beautiful

as long as you avoid the characters (not actors) in the gifs in the prompt post in your shot, you are good to go.

To be precise, you'll have to avoid Harry Potter for prompt 2,  Bridget Jones- Mark Darcy for prompt3, Ram-Priya for prompt 4 and Sara Thomas and Jonathan Trager for prompt 5, you are good to go👍🏼