Kumar Sanu, Kavita Krishnamurthy & Anuradha Paudwal in SRGMP - Page 6

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Realityshow

I watched some of the performances on Zee5 today.
My biggest regret is that I have lost all respect for Shankar Mahadevan.
The way he is going over the top with even middling performances is so so disappointing!
Anyway, if you leave out the excesses, the performance which I liked was Ananya's because the song suited her earthy voice. Sounded different.
Neelu was good, and Sharad I liked.

Shankar has always been like this. He's the kind who says nice things about a contestant to encourage them. With age he has become even more mild. Shaan is my favourite judge, he is sweet but doesn't overhype singers either. Gives them good feedback.

Originally posted by Digitallove

Shankar has always been like this. He's the kind who says nice things about a contestant to encourage them. With age he has become even more mild. Shaan is my favourite judge, he is sweet but doesn't overhype singers either. Gives them good feedback.

I think the issue with over-hyping everyone results in lay audience being unable to make educated choices. Some, if not most, don't really understand the intricacies of good versus great talent. Without guidance they don't develop favourites and lose interest. That is what I observe with people who watch such shows. They really rely on the judges to help them develop favourites. Very few singers actually sweep people off their feet when they are doing covers.

I think the issue with over-hyping everyone results in lay audience being unable to make educated choices. Some, if not most, don't really understand the intricacies of good versus great talent. Without guidance they don't develop favourites and lose interest. That is what I observe with people who watch such shows. They really rely on the judges to help them develop favourites. Very few singers actually sweep people off their feet when they are doing covers.

This is exactly what some singers had said during the Amit Kumar controversy.Judges act as a guide for the audience. This disconnect between what the audience felt about  contestants and what judges were saying is what caused so much trouble during Indian idol.

Whatever happened to the drum roll for top performance?
- Drum broke?

- Performances are not 100% ?
- Jury is useless?
- SM can't walk so much?
🤣

Whatever happened to the drum roll for top performance?
- Drum broke?

- Performances are not 100% ?
- Jury is useless?
- SM can't walk so much?
🤣

May be they are editing😆

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW-L5L2NJi7/?utm_medium=copy_link

Add another point then:)
- ZEE has no drum to beat!!
But SM is not walking up! ðŸ¤£

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGlgOar00v/

So, they skillfully avoided the Arunita-Sayli sized trap by resorting to duets!
From what I can see, KK is not amused by what was put up for her.
Even in Idol I said KK's comments are honest.
Here also she chooses her words very carefully. Encourage, but don't praise.

Edited by Realityshow - 2 years ago