Posted: 2 years ago

Neutral statement 

But kangana should be banned from speaking 

Times Now is trying to get another Padma Awardee to clean up the mess and gloss over Kangana's wretched remarks.  Maybe Kangana should say "FAT PEOPLE SUCK" then next time Sami releases another album.  I love him but he didn't have to downplay what happened. Sure ,she has the right to say what she said but does she or Times Now respect other people's right to say what they have to say ? 

Aur do isko citizenship.....🤢...itna glat statement Kangna ka...and he is sitting there and asking people not to react....saying that people want to grab headlines so they are speaking against Kangna....freedom of speech comes with a responsibility.....you can't ask Modi  to show his raudra roop of 2002 in the name of FOS....no freedom is absolute freedom...

Kangana makes hate speech. Period. Hate speech is NOT FoE. It can cause communal violence and cost human lives. I have lost all respect for Adnan seeing his antics since last few years and desperate bootlicking for BJP. 

Anupam Kher also defended Kangana on Navika's show. I wonder why Navika wants to show that fanatic as a victim when she is not. I dislike Kher also seeing his hate speech in interviews and online. 

Spreading hate and fake news is not nationalism or FoE. 

He's right. 

A dog is barking and every time it barks we go "oh my god a dog is barking, how dare dogs bark."

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Aur do isko citizenship.....🤢...itna glat statement Kangna ka...and he is sitting there and asking people not to react....saying that people want to grab headlines so they are speaking against Kangna....freedom of speech comes with a responsibility.....you can't ask Modi  to show his raudra roop of 2002 in the name of FOS....no freedom is absolute freedom...

It needs to be unless and until actual violence is involved (ex: incitement or false information leading to injury). Or someone will get to decide the limits, and we will be back to having no freedom of speech in no time.

If I want to call a certain politician a dimwit, is that allowed?

What if I want to call him a bigot?

What about saying he is destroying the fabric of the country by setting federal agencies on political opposition?

Who gets to decide what is not included in FOE?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Originally posted by atominis

I wonder why Navika wants to show that fanatic as a victim when she is not. 

Because the mess started on her show and in her presence. Had it been any sensible journalist person, they would have shut Kangana up and actually ask her leave. But Navika is so far up you know where, that she cannot do that to any RWinger (had it been any protestor from the Shahin Bagh or the Farmer protest, ab tak Lanka dehen karta Times Now) 

And people asked Navika for a response, which Times Now brushed under the carpet, so now if they actually manage to find someone (like Veer) to throw under the bridge (ki Veer bole toh FOS  Kangan bole toh hate speed?) Or someone like Kher and Sami to defend her, then things might get better. 

But unfortunately for them, Kher is not a person who is looked up to anymore, after UP CM spoke against him and his contrasting views about Kashmir and Sami is... Well, who really cares about him? Heck, even the makers of Ashram just made him dance like a monkey to "Baba layenge Kranti"

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago

Did kangana received her first movie through bheek or did she had to sell something else 🤔 Nation wants to know

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

It needs to be unless and until actual violence is involved (ex: incitement or false information leading to injury). Or someone will get to decide the limits, and we will be back to having no freedom of speech in no time.

If I want to call a certain politician a dimwit, is that allowed?

What if I want to call him a bigot?

What about saying he is destroying the fabric of the country by setting federal agencies on political opposition?

Who gets to decide what is not included in FOE?

There's a very simple definition: Hate speech is directed at a community, e.g. Black or Jewish people. Or LGBTQIA. Anything which encourages discrimination and denial of human rights is and should be illegal in all civilized countries. Because community-based hate speech *always* leads to violence, directly or indirectly. 

Nobody spewing hate against any community should enjoy freedom of speech. There you go. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago