Would an older actress and younger actor work in mainstream? - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

YESSS

They were so hot together...and they made such a good looking pair❤️

PHOTOS: Ranbir-Aishwarya raise the temperature with this sizzling ADHM photoshoot | IndiaToday

Scenes with Ranbir in ADHM not frivolous sensuality: Aishwarya | Deccan Herald

When Aishwarya romanced younger men - Rediff.com movies

They were not the centric pair.

Hot to trot - the both of them (ca 2019, I think).

Super 30 Star Hrithik Roshan and Madhuri Dixit Nene Match Steps on Dance  Deewane 2 and We Can't Wait to See the Duo Burn the Dance Floor Together -  See Pics | 📺 LatestLY

Dance mode on Hrithik Roshan. Stunning Madhuri Dixit with Hrithik Roshan  for a dance show. 02 July 2019 | Bollywood couples, Madhuri dixit,  Bollywood celebrities

I think it would be a hard sell. Society is conditioned to expect the man to be older. It has been depicted on screen a few times like DCH, ADHM, Wake Up Sid, Gehrayiaan, etc. but none of them were a central pair in a full-on Bollywood romance. Yes, Ranbir/Konkona were the lead pair but the movie was more of a coming-of-age story than a genuine romance (at least how I perceive it). 

It is happening more in real life - Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, Gabriel Union and Dwayne Wade, Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet, and now Olivia Wild dating Harry Styles. Back in the day, Demi Moore dated Ashton Kutcher who was 16 years younger. Madonna has almost exclusively dated men much younger than her and many of JLos's relationships were with younger men. India doesn't have as many. Even if they do it is like Virat and Anushka where the woman is just one year older. 

Women do hit puberty sooner so it makes sense for young women to date men who are a little older. But once you're late 20s or early 30s things even out and it's just about finding the right person. 

Even in Hollywood, there aren't that many older women dating young men in romances. There is the classic Harold and Maude. Others I can think of are Don John and the Proposal. In Grace and Franke, Grace dates a younger man. Modern Family had Luke date a much older woman for a few episodes. Hopefully, someday it will be more normal. 

I think it will be ok bc if guys over 40-50+ can work with 20+ girls then why cannot women work with younger guys?

As for Bullywood I am not sure.

I  always wanted to see Preity and Shahid paired together. She is 6 years older which is not much but I guess it would be for Bollywood.Image

Originally posted by AutumnColors

I think Desi audience are brutal to woman but in an Indian TV show Anupama the FL is like 5 years older than the ML (Gaurav Khanna) And their pairing is a hit currently. I think even in bollywood such pairings can get accepted if the movie content is eye catching. It all depends.

5 years is not alot Arjun and Kareena have 5 years age different in ki and ka, even though I think they made her younger in the film then her age in real life and I cant remember if she was older than him in the movie. But I dont think people will be able to handle more than that. It was not clear in ae dil hai mushkil what the age of aish was but ranbir was probably playing a 20 year old something lol

Shahid looked baby faced for so long not sure if it would work only when his facial hair grew did he look older.

Originally posted by RaniPreityAish

I  always wanted to see Preity and Shahid paired together. She is 6 years older which is not much but I guess it would be for Bollywood.Image

Sridevi acted as heroine with several generations of heros, 

started from ntr, anr in south went on to krishna, kamal hassan, rajni and then anr's son nagarjuna and his generation actors (chiranjeevi, venkatesh) and finally arvind swami too

in hindi acted with jeetendra, rajesh khanna, anil, amitabh then  srk, salman

Originally posted by .Shiva.

I think it will be ok bc if guys over 40-50+ can work with 20+ girls then why cannot women work with younger guys?

As for Bullywood I am not sure.

@bold:Will it be a box office success?

Amrita is 41. Pair her with any younger actor IMG_20220713_104947.jpg

Edited by Renee.Clare - 1 years ago