Posted: 1 months ago

It is not about mimicry but authenticity. Kapil for eg has a distinct style of speaking with pauses. And a certain body language. Ranveer has to get that speech, mannerisms, body language right so that people see Kapil Dev in him and not Ranveer Singh. There was particular style of body language and speech in 80s and not so polished way of interacting with media and public for people of 80s since there was not much media back then and no TV channels at all except DD. 

Any misstep in showing the era, the people involved and nuances of cricket as a game will lead to lot of memes and criticism online. 

I love Ranveer as an actor and he is the best in current lot IMHO. But he has his own charismatic personality and style, way of speaking which should not overpower character in a biopic. I am waiting to see how he took the challenge to become Kapil Dev and manage to balance his own charisma as Ranveer Singh. 

I would hate to see him criticised. He is the most promising actor IMO and I absolutely loved him in Padmavat. I hope he will live up to expectations. 

Who is directing this?

Originally posted by atominis

It is not about mimicry but authenticity. Kapil for eg has a distinct style of speaking with pauses. And a certain body language. Ranveer has to get that speech, mannerisms, body language right so that people see Kapil Dev in him and not Ranveer Singh. There was particular style of body language and speech in 80s and not so polished way of interacting with media and public for people of 80s since there was not much media back then and no TV channels at all except DD. 

Any misstep in showing the era, the people involved and nuances of cricket as a game will lead to lot of memes and criticism online. 

I love Ranveer as an actor and he is the best in current lot IMHO. But he has his own charismatic personality and style, way of speaking which should not overpower character in a biopic. I am waiting to see how he took the challenge to become Kapil Dev and manage to balance his own charisma as Ranveer Singh. 

I would hate to see him criticised. He is the most promising actor IMO and I absolutely loved him in Padmavat. I hope he will live up to expectations. 

Absolutely agree! He better get all the nuances right! It may be a Team thing but definitely all eyes are going to be on him. I love him too but I will be very upset if he or his team don’t get it right because this is Cricket and the peak moment of every cricket fan of India, regardless of which gen they belong to.

Originally posted by Mistyy

Who is directing this?

Kabir Khan. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7518786/

Edited by catchmeifucan - 1 months ago