PriRa OS: Touch me not, Touch me ||16+||

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KaalaCoat thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

This is just so sensitively and amazingly beautiful 😍. Priya was written with so much care and precision poured into her that you can't help but think for her, question your beliefs about what is called "norm" when it comes to orientation.

And Ram, the character himself is so emotionally sensitive and I think this shot of yours added an element to the Ram from the show itself.

Kudos for such a beautiful and brilliant piece👏

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: Potterhead3009

This is just so sensitively and amazingly beautiful 😍. Priya was written with so much care and precision poured into her that you can't help but think for her, question your beliefs about what is called "norm" when it comes to orientation.

And Ram, the character himself is so emotionally sensitive and I think this shot of yours added an element to the Ram from the show itself.

Kudos for such a beautiful and brilliant piece👏

Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words! 

I'm so glad the way Priya was portrayed made you question the so-called 'norm' that society labels them as. Not just orientation but so many dominant narratives that have been laid down and followed blindly need to be questioned. And acceptance is the key, right? For Priya, validation was everything especially in the face of her self-doubt and Ram gave her that. He 'allowed her to be'. Although the use of the word 'allowed' still shows a certain assumed privilege. They shouldn't be 'allowed' to be or do anything. It's their right to be. They should be able to claim it without being contested.

But then the people who are 'different' are so accustomed to being ridiculed or ostracized that even being 'allowed' to do something seems like a big deal to them. We need to unlearn these narratives before we come anywhere close to being called 'allies' or 'liberals' or things like that!

Sorry for that rant, and thanks again for reading!

Also, I'm glad you could see the show Ram in my writing so much that you felt my writing added to the character! 😳

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Tagging some people who've read and commented on my other PriRa OSs!

Pls let me know if you don't want to be tagged!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

More tags ^^^

Pls let me know if you don't want to be tagged!

Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

As a person on the ace spectrum, I was very surprised to find a fic that represented asexuality. The lack of resources and documentation constantly frustrates me. Having it portrayed as a 'norm' is important, because hey, we exist. 
I am incredibly glad I cam across this wonderful piece of writing. I felt what Priya felt- seen, and in the unlikeliest of places :) 
Thank you. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: Legilimens

As a person on the ace spectrum, I was very surprised to find a fic that represented asexuality. The lack of resources and documentation constantly frustrates me. Having it portrayed as a 'norm' is important, because hey, we exist. 
I am incredibly glad I cam across this wonderful piece of writing. I felt what Priya felt- seen, and in the unlikeliest of places :) 
Thank you. 

Hi! 🤗

I've been writing fics on and off on the site (and other FF sites) for a few years now and people leave comments on my work that say nice things, good things about my writing skills, and the imagery and the creativity etc etc.

But this is the first time I've received a comment that actually told me my writing represented them and they felt 'seen' because of it.

I don't even know how to react to this. No, I do know. I'm crying.

Thank YOU! 

Clouds7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ah I loved it. !❤️

I'm so glad you have written this 

Like I'm sure not many know about all these tho they should have awareness but Indian education system sucks hence. 

Also thank you for the tag !!🤗

KaalaCoat thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words! 

I'm so glad the way Priya was portrayed made you question the so-called 'norm' that society labels them as. Not just orientation but so many dominant narratives that have been laid down and followed blindly need to be questioned. And acceptance is the key, right? For Priya, validation was everything especially in the face of her self-doubt and Ram gave her that. He 'allowed her to be'. Although the use of the word 'allowed' still shows a certain assumed privilege. They shouldn't be 'allowed' to be or do anything. It's their right to be. They should be able to claim it without being contested.

But then the people who are 'different' are so accustomed to being ridiculed or ostracized that even being 'allowed' to do something seems like a big deal to them. We need to unlearn these narratives before we come anywhere close to being called 'allies' or 'liberals' or things like that!

Sorry for that rant, and thanks again for reading!

Also, I'm glad you could see the show Ram in my writing so much that you felt my writing added to the character! 😳

No no, please don't apologise. Speaking as a member of the LGBTQIA community, it's not every day that people go on rants about how important it is to not believe in the narrative of "being allowed".

It's sometimes baffling that as a community, we have to fight for basic human rights and validation. And when we get a semblance of that, society expects gratefulness for giving something that is originally our right. It's a twisted and systemic issue. Thank you for taking it up in some form...

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: Potterhead3009

No no, please don't apologise. Speaking as a member of the LGBTQIA community, it's not every day that people go on rants about how important it is to not believe in the narrative of "being allowed".

It's sometimes baffling that as a community, we have to fight for basic human rights and validation. And when we get a semblance of that, society expects gratefulness for giving something that is originally our right. It's a twisted and systemic issue. Thank you for taking it up in some form...

I'm so sorry you have to go through what you do as a member of the LGTBTQ+ community. You're right, it's a systemic issue. The narratives do need to change, and I'm glad you this think fic can be a teeny-tiny way of doing so. Thanks again for the validation! ❤️