How did UPA get second term despite 26/11?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Asking genuinely. Please keep it polite. I welcome views from all sides. 

I am curious how UPA got another term in 2009 despite massive anger in masses post 2008 26/11 attacks?

Did masses not hold UPA responsible for lapse of security? I do remember people criticising Dr Manmohan Singh and calling him a weak PM back then.

How did UPA manage to win again in 2009 and 26/11 backlash did not affect them in election? 

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by atominis

Asking genuinely. Please keep it polite. I welcome views from all sides. 

I am curious how UPA got another term in 2009 despite massive anger in masses post 2008 26/11 attacks?

Did masses not hold UPA responsible for lapse of security? I do remember people criticising Dr Manmohan Singh and calling him a weak PM back then.

How did UPA manage to win again in 2009 and 26/11 backlash did not affect them in election? 

"I think because of their newly launched schemes for nation people. As People care more about present benefit then future. 

"Beside that time opposition didn't use this Coward terrorist attack much. Like UPA did at time of NDA govt in plane hijack or kargil war. 

"And with how this attack remain unanswered by us leave no imagination why they won in second term. And if I'm right there were more attack taken place in nation before like serial blasts temple gun fire riots to , so it was perhaps common for everyone to get over this. 

More likely UPA govt know way to silence the outrage beside that time the social media wasn't used by everyone, and mainstream media was in their control too.