Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Aishwarya was struggling in Bollywood due to SRK sabotaging her career by replacing her in all biggies one after another by Rani Mukherjee. Aishwarya then went to Aditya Chopra for a significant role. He suggested her to make an image make over. He then verbally discussed the role of Sunehri in Dhoom 2. She immediately agreed. SRK was in Chopra camp, so was Rani. It was not easy for Ash to get cast in YRF film again. Aditya Chopra then gave her the popular song Kajra Re in BnB. It was a special 7 minute song. Aishwarya did it only as a thank you gesture to Adi. 

Kajra Re proved to be a major turning point in her career after a long time. Ironically Aishwarya's iconic dance number was major reason why the film became a superhit. The heroine of the film was Rani who harmed Ash's career in 2003-2004 period. Kajra Re was similar to Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai craze that time.

Yash Chopra tried to cast her earlier in Veer Zaara but SRK refused to work with her. So Yash Chopra cast Preity Zinta and did an image make over to her.  Yash Chopra then offered Aish the lawyer's role. Again due to SRK she couldn't do it. Also it was a supporting role.

Now its time for Aishwarya to do an image make over. 

Dhoom 2 was YRF's most special project and they wanted a fresh pairing and a surprise. So, Aditya Chopra cast Hrithik and Aishwarya first time after several directors wanted to sign them first. Rakesh Roshan wanted to cast them together in Koi Mil Gaya then Tanuja Chandra in a war love story film where Hrithik was a wounded soldier and Aishwarya his nurse but didn't happen. Later Rakesh Roshan again tried to cast her in Krrish. Again it didn't happen.

Aditya Chopra cast them together finally in his production Dhoom 2 finally. Aishwarya was re-launched in Bollywood again. After this film became blockbuster she did Mani Ratnam's Guru which became a super hit. Then she did Ashutosh Gowariker's epic Jodhaa Akbar with Hrithik which became Hit in India but blockbuster overseas. She then did Mani Ratnam's Ravaanan with Vikram, Shankar's Robot (Endhiran) and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guuzaarish with Hrithik again. Endhiran became a blockbuster, Ravaanan became average, the hindi version Raavan was a flop, Guzaarish also became a flop but critically acclaimed. 

Aishwarya is going to be seen again in her first blockbuster after Endhiran in Mani Ratnam's magnum opus pan India historical film Ponniyin Selvan where she plays the main villain Nandhini Devi. Its going to be Raj Mata Shivagami type role but negative. 

In the meantime the woman who tried to ruin her career Rani Mukerji's Bunty aur Bubly 2 became a disaster both box office wise and critically also. All were missing the original queen Aishwarya's Kajra Re song. 

Edited by Mugda - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

he fought with the director cuz the guy can't dance! πŸ˜† geez, he shoulda just watched others from the bar instead of flailing around like a clumsy cartoon in the middle with that Hawaiian shirt. πŸ˜†

I genuinely like Abhishek but these weird stories turn me off πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Talis

Then what exactly was his excuse for this abomination?  πŸ˜†

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWcSSDtSz0o

This is abysmal πŸ˜†

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wow its been 15 years.. (There is a personal connection with when Dhoom 2 released!πŸ˜†)

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

bichara abhishek 

uday bhi accha lag raha hai uske samne πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zeal17

Wow its been 15 years.. (There is a personal connection with when Dhoom 2 released!πŸ˜†)

I wanna hear this story πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I genuinely like Abhishek but these weird stories turn me off πŸ˜†

You like Abhishek? Since when? πŸ˜† 

He knew he sucked and kicked up a fuss over being made to dance with the pros ..... the story sounds believable to me. Uday never looked as charming as he does next to Abhishek. πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

You like Abhishek? Since when? πŸ˜† 

He knew he sucked and kicked up a fuss over being made to dance with the pros ..... the story sounds believable to me. Uday never looked as charming as he does next to Abhishek. πŸ˜†

I know he’s a total waste in most things  πŸ˜‚ 

His interviews are kinda fun tho ( don’t tell anyone I said that ) πŸ€£

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I wanna hear this story πŸ˜†

*Insert no gif* πŸ˜†

Ye raaz bhi mere sath chala jayga..

I know he’s a total waste in most things  πŸ˜‚ 

His interviews are kinda fun tho ( don’t tell anyone I said that ) πŸ€£

I'm sorry, but I think you're mistaking this thread for the "confession" thread... 🀣 these are far too deep and dark, have some discretion for God's sake! πŸ˜†