Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

IIRC, Operation Black Thunder I was Rajiv Gandhi, Surjit Singh Barnala, and Julio Ribeiro, not Narasimha Rao. Even Black Thunder II happened under Rajiv Gandhi's watch, with K.P.S. Gill as commander.

Yes, the Khalistani's movement's death happened under Rao's watch, but the counter insurgency's most significant developments happened in the 2 operations at the Golden Temple. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

I told you so, I told you so, I will repeat it; The woman is a toxic hate filled cloaca spilling over, who is poison to all: " friend or foe".

Nothing good ever happens when something toxic to all nature and life explodes....

Maybe she will evaporate ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Maybe she will evaporate ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

May you be a prophet and your words be so...

Little insignificant human that I am, I battle with doubt...

atominis thumbnail

Point is miltiancy INCREASED post Operation Bluestar and 1984. In contrast Operation Black thunder had not as many deaths and damage as Bluestar. KPS Gill was smart enough to not use days of festivals or religious significance for ops as those days have more crowd around shrines than usual. And devotees visit Golden Temple no matter what because it is holiest shrine any way and faithful did not stop visiting even during militancy.

I was responding to @aaditi123 who is right in stating the fact Indira did not end or crush Khalistan movement but worsened the miltiancy, which is true and known to all who have lived in Punjab at that time. 

Movement gained more traction after it. Was crushed only by mid 90s. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

Point is miltiancy INCREASED post Operation Bluestar and 1984. In contrast Operation Black thunder had not as many deaths and damage as Bluestar. KPS Gill was smart enough to not use days of festivals or religious significance for ops as those days have more crowd around shrines than usual. And devotees visit Golden Temple no matter what because it is holiest shrine any way and faithful did not stop visiting even during militancy.

I was responding to @aaditi123 who is right in stating the fact Indira did not end or crush Khalistan movement but worsened the miltiancy, which is true and known to all who have lived in Punjab at that time. 

Movement gained more traction after it. Was crushed only by mid 90s. 

I agree with the part about Blue Star.

Was trying to correct the part about Narasimha Rao.

Black Thunder, which was the first major victory, came during Rajiv Gandhi's government. And it wasn't K.P.S. Gill. It was Julio Ribeiro.

Gill came into the pic only in 1988 with Black Thunder II, and he later went on interviews to say it was meant to be called Operation Gill, not Black Thunder II.😆

Yes, the end came in the 90s. But giving credit to Gill and Narasimha Rao will be like saying Soviet Union fell in 1989. Technically true, but the fight didn't start there. The fall of the Khalistanis started with Black Thunder I.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

people keep blaming IG for all that happened in OP Blue star 

but have people forgotten - 6 December 1992 and its after incidents

how mumbai and other parts of India suffered all these years

all these politicians crib is hindu muslim blah blah and people keep standing in line and vote for them

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

How long before FB/IG suspend her account?

Edited by AdrakKombucha - 2 years ago
ExquisiteDhami- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I used to think chalo pagal hai people should ignore her but the last few episodes of her opening her mouth have not been stupid or inconsiderate but  dangerous and shameful how is a woman like this free. Either send her to some mental asylum if she has those issues and if she doesnt then a woman like this instigating hate, murder and what not needs to be locked up and not be allowed to open her kachra mouth 

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

IIRC, Operation Black Thunder I was Rajiv Gandhi, Surjit Singh Barnala, and Julio Ribeiro, not Narasimha Rao. Even Black Thunder II happened under Rajiv Gandhi's watch, with K.P.S. Gill as commander.

Yes, the Khalistani's movement's death happened under Rao's watch, but the counter insurgency's most significant developments happened in the 2 operations at the Golden Temple. 

That is absolutely false. Rajiv Gandhi & Julio Ribeiro were absolute failures in controlling the insurgency. When KPS Gill took over in 1991 the insurgency was at its peak with record deaths related to terrorism. Check Figure 5 below. By 1993 it was 28, by 1994 0. 

https://www.satp.org/satporgtp/publication/faultlines/volume1/fault1-kpstext.htmImage

Edited by aaditi123 - 2 years ago