Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Sirat vs. Kartik thoughts for Akshu

wanderingskys thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

When Naira was alive and Akshu was a baby Kartik said: 

"Adjust nahi karegi meri beti. Kisi bhi cheez mein adjust nahi karegi woh." 

After the small leap when Arohi and Akshu were young kids and Sirat was around this is the advice she gives Akshu about dealing with Arohi:

"Agar tumhari behen se kabhi kuch gadbadi ho jaye toh thoda adjust karlena"

I'm not sure if this wording was intentional or not but it shows how Sirat was raising Akshara compared to what her own parents (Kaira) wanted for her. And it helps explain Akshu's mentality towards Arohi right now and why she tolerates everything that Arohi has done since childhood. Sirat is not necessarily saying something with bad intentions but it's still problematic because there is barely any age gap between Aru and Akshu so why dump this burden on her yaar. 

Edited by wanderingskys - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Do you know the episode no or something when Naira and Kartik says the same for baby Akshu?

Waidehi thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

That's why never like sirat I know she loves akshu but somehow I feel naira place cannot be taken she adore akshu if  naira was alive akshu would have been  better strong thoughts and all mostly sirat was great but she gave responsibility of arohi who DNT like akshu blame her so sirat is great mom but not like naira naira is naira I hope her soul come and motivates akshu 

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sirat was a pretty irritating human being but I don't think she was a bad mom or differentiated between the kids. She just said what every parent would say to the elder child.. take care of your younger sibling and adjust a little for him/her. If Kaira had another child after Akshu, they would have said the same too. Aarohi turning out like this or Akshu's behavior is Goenka's fault. They are the ones who gave Aarohi the freedom to insult her elder sister. Had they schooled her better and punished her rightly when she was being a mean to Akshu, then none of this would have happened. Also I don't think they did much to make Akshu understand that she is not responsible for Sirat's death or gave her proper counselling to get out of the trauma. If anyone is to blame for the situation, it is Goenkas.

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Waidehi

That's why never like sirat I know she loves akshu but somehow I feel naira place cannot be taken she adore akshu if  naira was alive akshu would have been  better strong thoughts and all mostly sirat was great but she gave responsibility of arohi who DNT like akshu blame her so sirat is great mom but not like naira naira is naira I hope her soul come and motivates akshu 

Naira has made her share of mistakes in parenting too. Remember the time she so badly traumatized Kairav by blaming him for Vansh's condition. Sirat had a lot of problems. But don't think being a bad mother is one of them. However it would be nice to see Akshu thinking about Naira and looking upto her for guidance. 

Edited by janecastle - 2 years ago
Molly555 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: janecastle

Sirat was a pretty irritating human being but I don't think she was a bad mom or differentiated between the kids. She just said what every parent would say to the elder child.. take care of your younger sibling and adjust a little for him/her. If Kaira had another child after Akshu, they would have said the same too. Aarohi turning out like this or Akshu's behavior is Goenka's fault. They are the ones who gave Aarohi the freedom to insult her elder sister. Had they schooled her better and punished her rightly when she was being a mean to Akshu, then none of this would have happened. Also I don't think they did much to make Akshu understand that she is not responsible for Sirat's death or gave her proper counselling to get out of the trauma. If anyone is to blame for the situation, it is Goenkas.

Agreed . Even though she was irritating,  she was a good mother to all three.

Baarish_Sim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Couldn't have said it better myself

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Well, she didn’t grow up with Naira; she grew up with Sirat. And it seems that Kartik was not around much either. 

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Is it just me or does anyone ever feel that the Goenka’s new gen are more like children than grandchildren. And Manish and Swarna are almost the same age with Harsh and Manjiri rather than a generation older. 

Khushi_Albeli thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

why she didnt give any gyan to arohi? she needs more gyan abt relations nd tolerance.