Umar mid season review

Posted: 2 years ago

Umar - The best growth journey as a contestant …

day 1 was interesting. Fight with ieshaan and calling pratik out. I went. Interesting start to journey. Thoda early days to start off as provocateur 

That was actually not the case. He was hardly seen and when seen had become a target for Sallu and also Shamita. I can’t recall the exact incident even on what turned Shamita against him (perhaps someone from his fandom remembers) as I don’t think it was her imaginary assumption of him stealing her dessert. But those days he clearly seemed to lack both confidence and frankly delivery (dictiion) and communicate thoughts crisply. 

In the meantime Umar was slowly coming into his own. His nervousness clearly impacted his diction early on (and even anger does a little) but he is a lot more understandable these days. He stil needs to work on this and be crisper and clearer - to the extent he can … 

He has generally remained true to his friends. Afsana was a huge mistake as no one asked him to put a label of sister to anyone but he did. I know he has realized that he too has overthought some tasks by his own admission and frankly learning from how others like Nishu are v clear on their personal relationships. 

The best part of him has been his growth in confidence. Ability to stand up for his muddas and not only get praise from Sallu but reply confidently when Sallu asked him about the incident with pratik last wkv in front of guests and Sallu agreed with him faulting Pratik 

Of all the contestants in the show - I believe this is the best journey. As he has had a journey of growth (versus anyone else in the house). His control on aggression is important. His ability to take stands as he does these days is important. He is easily a top 3 contender on this show so far (top 3 doesn’t mean rank 3. It means one of the top 3 that will rank anywhere from 1-3 if finale was today). 

Definitely his growth has been constant each day... Being his fan from day 1 at the premiere night... I suffered along when he didn't get his due screen space... The house was new... People were new(like to any others)... He had some inhibitions to open up... He stumbled... N faced the not deserved bashing from Salman... 

Though he was demotivated weekly, he held his ground. He tried to form a connections... Eventually many he connected were evicted... Yet he stood loyally to the one who were present... People called him a follower when all he did was be with his friends... Well... Many poked at him with the same reason... And he understood... That it was time he gave no reason for people to call him that... Dosti alag... Khel alag... He stood up for himself... Whether it was friend or foe... He had been honest about his views... 

To add on that... His organic rivalry with Shamita, Simba and Pratik gave him a scope to prove that dosti ya dushmani... He was ready with his heart to face it... So far his journey has been ascending... I'm so happy for him... 

All I wish is... He needs to calm down his aggressive side... It's fine until it's a verbal spat... I just don't want him to go physical when anyone pokes him purposefully.... Also, as you said... We have seen lot more improvements in his stand too... I pray that he does continues this even better without a hinge of tremor... 

P.S: He have a very funny side... Which BB haven't shown... as I read and see LF updates... we know how hilarious AF the guy is... And his one-liners...  Have all my ❤️

Yay I love 😘 your review 

Since day one I was telling my friends umarriaz got potential just wait and see 🙈 I totally agree with you 😍

Thanku jasoos for giving honest review🤗

He's very clear what he wants and what he's doing. I liked how he's trying to keep his own opinion with confidence. He definitely considers only Kk as his teammate/friend . Now he's mingling with everyone because it's a game and if anything he would need help for surviving. He's loyal and not overconfident also. Just hope bb won't eliminate him unfairly before all other useless contestants. 

Thank you for your review..agree! I also think he needs to be more clear with his diction so that it doesn't sound like he is mumbling!

Also even Shamita Shetty who hates him agreed that he is the funniest..i also see him in some live feed clips he is hilarious..Hope BB actually shows it😊

I dont have any expectations from this rigged show but atleast hope he goes far!

Originally posted by MirindaCoke123

Thank you for your review..agree! I also think he needs to be more clear with his diction so that it doesn't sound like he is mumbling!

Also even Shamita Shetty who hates him agreed that he is the funniest..i also see him in some live feed clips he is hilarious..Hope BB actually shows it😊

I dont have any expectations from this rigged show but atleast hope he goes far!

No hope here too.

Just he goes far,jo sapne dekha hein woh pura ho.

Again a very good review. Umrao Jaan is a revelation for me in this show. I had a very nuetral view point regarding him because I didn't want to get swayed by what Asim was in this show. This guy has just won me over. I see him going into the Top 3 easily unless the makers play some dirty game in the coming weeks and evict him. I'm going to be damn pissed with them if they do this🤬

Edited by Soanz.19 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Soanz.19

Again a very good review. Umrao Jaan is a revelation for me in this show. I had a very nuetral view point regarding him because I didn't want to get swayed by what Asim was in this show. This guy has just won me over. I see him going into the Top 3 easily unless the makers play some dirty game in the coming weeks and evict him. I'm going to be damn pissed with them if they do this🤬

yup Revelation for me too. Absolutely. 

Originally posted by KJasoosChulbulP

Umar - The best growth journey as a contestant …

day 1 was interesting. Fight with ieshaan and calling pratik out. I went. Interesting start to journey. Thoda early days to start off as provocateur 

That was actually not the case. He was hardly seen and when seen had become a target for Sallu and also Shamita. I can’t recall the exact incident even on what turned Shamita against him (perhaps someone from his fandom remembers) as I don’t think it was her imaginary assumption of him stealing her dessert. But those days he clearly seemed to lack both confidence and frankly delivery (dictiion) and communicate thoughts crisply. 

In the meantime Umar was slowly coming into his own. His nervousness clearly impacted his diction early on (and even anger does a little) but he is a lot more understandable these days. He stil needs to work on this and be crisper and clearer - to the extent he can … 

He has generally remained true to his friends. Afsana was a huge mistake as no one asked him to put a label of sister to anyone but he did. I know he has realized that he too has overthought some tasks by his own admission and frankly learning from how others like Nishu are v clear on their personal relationships. 

The best part of him has been his growth in confidence. Ability to stand up for his muddas and not only get praise from Sallu but reply confidently when Sallu asked him about the incident with pratik last wkv in front of guests and Sallu agreed with him faulting Pratik 

Of all the contestants in the show - I believe this is the best journey. As he has had a journey of growth (versus anyone else in the house). His control of aggression is important. His ability to take stands as he does these days is important. He is easily a top 3 contender on this show so far (top 3 doesn’t mean rank 3. It means one of the top 3 that will rank anywhere from 1-3 if the finale was today). 

Again, love this.

I was pretty skeptical of his decision of coming to BB, to me he was ruining his already admirable career. And also I felt that he wanted a little of his brother's limelight. Yet at the same time, I related with him, being the eldest, the things you want to do but can't do, and then comes a time when you think now you can. He did that. That takes determination, that takes courage. 

And slowly, he is growing on me. Yeah, there is some scope for improvement. Some kya bahot. But who doesn't need improvement! I wish he would be a little more objective and calm when in anger, I also wish that he would not do those things that he does, overthinking a situation or a task and harming himself or his connections; or trusting one person way too much and going by their words. 

Edited by mamta.vineet - 2 years ago