Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali

Poetry to "appreciate" Sandiip Sikcand's thyestean production house

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Trigger warning: negativity

Many hands may have stabbed Mehandī Hai Racanevālī to its death, and members of this forum will never all agree on who should have more screentime, or what is entertaining and what is cringeworthy, but it was Sandiip Sikcand who chose to make public statements that he told the story that he wanted to tell, that all of his characters are iconic (naming those who shouldn't be named), that we should just forget unresolved misunderstandings between the leads ...

So, as Mr. Sandiip "Thyestes" Sikcand leaves us the marrowless carcass of Mehandī Hai Racanevālī ... to congratulate him on his new Marathi show titled Abolī, I offer this Marathi verse by G. D. Madgulkar:

Eka dusare phūla tyāne khuḍūna hātī ghetale

Yā phulāce jaḷūna gele bhāva agadī ātale

Karapalī veḍī Abolī, duḥkha deṭhī rāhile

Tyā kuṇī nā pāhile

Tyā kuṇī nā pāhile

Translation:

He plucked some other flower and took it into his hand

This flower's deepest feelings were all burned away

The foolish Aboli was scorched; a stem of grief remained

Nobody looked at it

Nobody looked at it

If any of you have verses to honour Mr. Sikcand's narrative finesse and gracious professionalism, please share here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

No poetic words from me

i just want to say I agree every writer has a way to tell a story and should be allowed to but the story should make sense it should be well written It should be the hero heroine and villain centric othere characters should also be given importance but never forget who the story is about and which audience you want to capture

we get to read better and well thought stories on IF than writte by seasoned writers

It's about time to choose quality over quantity

There are so many stories to tell other than of saas bahu 

I had said this earlier every creation is the child of th creator because second one is coming you don't throw the first one out on the streets

if he didn't have an interest in the show respect your own creation and people who have put efforts on it swallow your ego and sell it to some other PH

Edited by Chahat_A_Doshi - 2 years ago
Anu1975 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

My personal opinion…Story telling is a talent not everyone can boast off…a good story teller in one who has the ability to capture the viewers unwavering interest by presenting the story and characters in a manner which is thought provoking,  which suits viewers sensibilities and doesn’t manipulate their moral and ethical thinking…

MHRV failed to suit viewers sensibilities and interest because it was presented in a way which was disturbing and disgusting at multiple levels and also defied logics and challenged viewers intelligence many times…

It  was definitely thought provoking coz it did leave me questioning many things not only about life, relationship, love, Marriage but by large society’s thinking and how evolved we are or we can get as civilized human beings..

As far as the moral and ethical thing is concerned…each to his own…an accident happens in the road…we have 10/20 people standing and watching it while only some come forward to help the affected…so for some it’s just a sensational drama and action worth watching and some relate to it at personal level…

Shakti1604 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

I have no poetic verses to appreciate or critique the maker, but just a few question wasn't a month enough to give some kind of logical conclusion to the story? Couldn't a conscious choice not have been made to immediately cast out those who are not required at at this end stage & brought back the focus to the characters who made the show?

Finally, is this the only end that could have been written? If bringing alive a passionate love story of two very different individuals was the choice the maker made, wiping the essence of the story, ripping out souls from the characters & complusively destroying the story piece by piece was also the choice the maker only made. 

Essentially it's all about choices & our dear maker has made his choice loud & clear!!

Ranjana20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

i feel like the story was all perfect before confession.

the trust, the faith, care, loyality, romance, intensity, sexual tension, some good convo was before confession and good screen space for leads...

the romantic scenes were more before than after confession..

from the pool one, amma making them share a room, pallavi taking his care after blunder, their first hug, drunk shower, pallavi choosing raghav, raghav pallavi midnight talk + 2 ,1st time pallavi holding raghavs hand, the lovely mimicry, raghav pallavi pool side convo, raghav actual good past, their small breakup, pallavi supporting raghav, jhadu wala, song wala, raghav pallavi vrat savitri wala gfift ,first time actual room sharing, raghavs careness for her, raghav sleeping on her stomach, drunk ep, gudgudi wala, hot yoga. etc

there are so many b4 confes, after that hugs more hugs and side kisses...

Shakti1604 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Ranjana20

i feel like the story was all perfect before confession.

the trust, the faith, care, loyality, romance, intensity, sexual tension, some good convo was before confession and good screen space for leads...

the romantic scenes were more before than after confession..

from the pool one, amma making them share a room, pallavi taking his care after blunder, their first hug, drunk shower, pallavi choosing raghav, raghav pallavi midnight talk + 2 ,1st time pallavi holding raghavs hand, the lovely mimicry, raghav pallavi pool side convo, raghav actual good past, their small breakup, pallavi supporting raghav, jhadu wala, song wala, raghav pallavi vrat savitri wala gfift ,first time actual room sharing, raghavs careness for her, raghav sleeping on her stomach, drunk ep, gudgudi wala, hot yoga. etc

there are so many b4 confes, after that hugs more hugs and side kisses...

Yes I agree with you. Pre confession they had wonderful moments and loads of conversations as well. I think somewhere after confession the passion part disappeared, then gradually the conversations also. No point in analysis also now. Too late.

Ranjana20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

i think the writers changed the writers who can write eps like lion ka first track, hyderabad ka track, redemption can doubtly write esha ka track..

or that they where done with the show aur kuch bhi likh diya...

ya i agree now no point of anything we can only enjoy our favourite purana episodes//

Edited by Ranjana20 - 2 years ago