Capturing the Surgeon's Heart - An AbhiRa SS

Posted: 2 years ago

Hello Y'all, 

Okay first things first - you must have noticed how M n B the title is. I have had my share of M n B growing up and I love the series - the feels some M n B s give you, ooooh. 

So this story is very M n B inspired, and I hope it gives you the same feels. This will be a SS. I hope I can post regular updates and Hope you guys like the story. 

WIll post the description below, followed by Part 1. 

Read, review and leave comments please. 

Mridz. 

πŸ’™πŸ’™ Capturing the Surgeon's Heart πŸ’™πŸ’™

The heart is an organ which pumps blood through the circulatory system - Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. 

The heart knows when it's the right time, when it's the right person. The heart leads you to your destiny, to your soulmate - Akshara Goenka.

He is a rigid heart surgeon. She is a spirited singer.

He is practical. She is whimsical.

He is cynical. She is hopeful. 

Capturing the Surgeon's Heart - Two lives. Two varying ideologies. Two hearts. One love story. 

PART 1 - Love keeps the heart warm

"Absolutely not!!"

Abhimanyu rolled up his sleeves, shaking his head, without even looking at his mother.

"Par beta" his mother said, pulling a chair out hurriedly, "you've been saying the same thing for 3 years now" she said, plopping down next to him, her voice reeking of the exasperation within her.

"Par maa..." He repeated, shooting his mother a humourless smile, "you've been asking the same thing for 3 years now" he finished with a smirk, knowing he had won this round.

His mother was wearing a very cross expression, her lips pursed together, her eyebrows drawn together, "Abhi" she said sternly, "I'm done playing with you"

"Oh thank god" he muttered under his breath, smiling.

"Shut up" she said, smacking him lightly on his biceps as he leant backwards in his chair, closing his eyes.

It had been the same routine everyday for the last 3 years - ever since he had turned 25, his maa had asked him to get married, and he had the same answer - No.

He heard the sound of the chair scraping back and he knew his mother had got up. He also knew what she was going to say next, " You can't say no forever, Abhi." He muttered with her, without opening his eyes.

"Abhi.." more exasperation.

He opened his eyes now. She was standing beside him, her hand on his hair, her eyes downcast.

Damn it. There were many things that riled Dr. Abhimanyu Birla up, but seeing his mother sad topped the list.

He immediately straightened up, "maa.." he called, holding her hand, "sit down" he said, pulling the chair out for her.

She plonked down next to him reluctantly, "I don't want to get married ma, isme itni dukhi hone ki kya baat hai?" He asked softly, genting nudging her with her shoulder.

She shook her head, "kya baat hai?!" She repeated incredulously, "Abhi, love is what keeps the heart warm"

What?

" Rubbish" The word was out of his lips before he could stop himself.

His mother shot him a look, "Tum bhale heart surgeon ho, you need a companion. Everyone needs a companion"

You and Sir are married, and yet...He didn't say that out loud for fear of hurting his mother more. In the Birla household, relationships or the lack thereof were not spoken about, and over the years, he had come to believe that it was for the best.

He closed his eyes and leaned back, guiding his mother's hand to his head, "Champi karo na, maa"

He heard his mother smile, and that made him smile too, " Waise bhi, who is asking you to get married tomorrow?!"

Good. He thought, but didn't say it as he knew what was coming -

"Par atleast meet girls. Your heart will tell you when it's the right one. Your heart - "

"My heart -" He cut his mother off, "Is just a muscular organ that pumps blood through the circulatory system. That's it. Baaki sab bakwaas hai maa. Ab please yeh baat chodiye, mujhe sar dard ho raha hai"

Manjari looked down at her son lovingly, as she massaged his head. There was no one she loved more than her Abhi, her kanhaji included. She knew he was lonely. She knew he needed a companion, but her son refused to even meet prospective brides. What hurt her most was that she was the reason. Her failed marriage with Mr.Birla was the reason.

She hastily rubbed off the tears threatening to fall. If Abhi saw she was crying, he would agree in an instant. If Abhi loved anyone more than anything it was her, she knew. And that was why she didn't want to emotionally blackmail her son into marriage.

But that didn't stop her from wishing her son would meet someone that would make him believe in love.

"Kanhaji, yeh chamatkaar kar dena" she thought silently, looking at the little ladoo Gopal on her son's desk, "mere kanha ko uski Radha se mila dena"

"Absolutely not"

Akshara stuffed a kachori into her mouth, shaking her head, without even looking at her great-grandmother.

"Arrey par"

"Nmpreypbhrr"

"Kya?"

She took one big gulp of the kachori and turned to her great-grandmother, grabbing a tissue from the coffee table, "arrey mimi, I said No arrey, par" she said sweetly, blinking at the older woman profusely.

Her great-grandmother rolled her eyes, "Akshu, tere umr toh dekho. If you don't get married, how will we get Aaru married, tumse choti hai na"

"Heyyy!!!!" Both the sisters cried in mock indignation, turning to grin at each other.

"Arrey mimi" her sister Aarohi chirped up, grabbing a kachori from the table, "pehle sun lijiye na Akshu kya keh rahi hai"

Akshara nodded, "exactly mimi" she said, looking over at her great-grandmother, whom they lovingly called 'mimi'

Her mimi was very irritated with her, and it showed in her face. Smiling, she scuttled closer to mimi, "mimiiii" she drawled, planting a sloppy kiss on the older woman's cheek, "meri pyaari mimi, I'm not saying I won't get married, but -" she started saying, draping an arm over Mimi's shoulders.

Her hand was promptly swatted away, "but what?"

"Ladka toh mil jae" she said in a dreamy voice.

"Aasmaan se tapkega nahi na if you don't meet any of them" mimi said, her irritation apparent in her voice and her face.

"Uski kya zaroorat hai?" She said smiling, "mera dil hai na" she placed a hand over her heart,

"My heart will tell me when the time is right. It will lead me to the one. My heart will lead me to my destiny, my soulmate"

***** To be continued ****

Author notes -

1. So how was that for an introduction. I hope I did justice to the theme I had in mind. Also, Abhi and his ma's bond is so pyaara in the show, wanted to keep that intact here. Hope I did that well.

2. Abhi and Akshu might be different (character wise) in this story.

3. Aarohi is not the evil step sister, for now.

4. R and R, please.

Mridz. 

I love it, shows positivity and real vibes, plus I'm in for happy pair of sisters. Keep writing and updating! The essence of failed marriages and the impact it should have had on Abhimanyu wasn't carried well on the show, hopefully it will be justified here... β™‘β™‘β™‘

Can’t wait for the next part!

I'm liking it. Waiting for next part ! 

Aww so sweet❀️ its just giving a positive vibes❀️ vilans ghar ke bahar se ho to h achche haiπŸ˜† loved the sisters bond❀️ plz update soon☺️

Loved itt β€οΈπŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’œ 

Please continue soon 

Wow! Absolutely loved reading it 

Can't wait for the next part

Originally posted by Gadbad_Ghotala

I love it, shows positivity and real vibes, plus I'm in for happy pair of sisters. Keep writing and updating! The essence of failed marriages and the impact it should have had on Abhimanyu wasn't carried well on the show, hopefully it will be justified here... β™‘β™‘β™‘

Aww thank you! I've had enough of Aarohi's nonsense in the show, so no plans of writing that in here yet. 

Exactly - Abhi has seen the dismal state of marriages in his household - that should have been explored more. I hope I can do justice to that angle in this SS. 

Thank you once again, for reading and commenting. 

Originally posted by Mira.Rajput24

Can’t wait for the next part!

Thanks for reading and commenting. I am working on the next part. Hope I can update soon.