Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

|| Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Episode Discussion Thread #1 || - Page 5

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Indira1211

yes it’s really not nice what is happening…akshara  should call abhimanyu and check with him..because she has been receiving romantic signals from him…and as an older sister..this is her responsibility…to find out why he’s been giving her romantic signals if he wants to marry her younger sister.  Because tomorrow if this drama breaks out at the engagement…Arohi is going to hate akshara again,. and she is justified because she is also made to believe that abhimanyu wants to marry her by both the birlas and goenkas 🤦🏻‍♀️…and the humiliation at your engagement to be told your future husband wants someone else is devastating..☹️

Now I feel bad for her..... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sorry to jump in, but nowhere was she rude to you I feel. I agree with you on real people mattering more than characters and I myself don't mind trolling even characters I like because everything is so OTT on ITV, they aren't worth fighting over with real people. But I have seen a lot of this here too people just straight up calling Akshu uneducated and all which she isn't. It could be some real person too with her kind field, even people on this forum can be and it's looking down on someone just because he/she doesn't have a degree which people think is actually better than others and it  shouldn't be the case. So she was right in calling it out normally and she wasn't rude. 

Edited by pakh - 2 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: pakh

Sorry to jump in, but nowhere was she rude to you I feel. I agree with you on real people mattering more than characters and I myself don't mind trolling even characters I like because everything is so OTT on ITV, they aren't worth fighting over with real people. But I have seen a lot of this here too people just straight up calling Akshu uneducated and all which she isn't. It could be some real person too with her kind field, even people on this forum can be and it's looking down on someone just because he/she doesn't have a degree which people think is actually better than others and it  shouldn't be the case. So she was right in calling it out normally and she wasn't rude. 

I felt bullied by her…and I’m a real person ..akshara is not…please consider real people feelings not fictional characters.. there’s been a lot of bullying by obsessed fans here on India forum …who feel they are have to tell real people off if their favourite fictional tv character is being criticised..  We can have any sort of opinion here on this forum about fictional characters as it’s an open discussion…So please don’t tell me how to feel. …I’m not a fictional character.,and please stick to talking  about fictional characters..don’t tell members what to feel or not.,we need to respect each other’s opinions,..🙏

pakh thumbnail

Other real people too may feel sensitive about something you say about a character which is something they can relate to, something which maybe their own reality, so we all here can be mindful with our words. Trolling Akshu isn't problem, she is fictional, but subject of someone's education isn't. I don't usually comment much in forums but this was something I felt I needed to so jumped in between. Peace out!!🙏

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Other real people too may feel sensitive about something you say about a character which is something they can relate to, something which maybe their own reality, so we all here can be mindful with our words. Trolling Akshu isn't problem, she is fictional, but subject of someone's education isn't. I don't usually comment much in forums but this was something I felt I needed to so jumped in between. Peace out!!🙏

yes understand what you’re saying.  But this is a forum to debate about fictional characters and if you read my original post…I just had an opinion that was not even negative and people Need to respect that. We can’t be attacked for stating an opinion. And we can’t base our lives or real feelings on fictional characters especially yrkkh and other itv shows which show such nonsense… nobody should do that ever. Real and reel are completely different,. peace out to you too..🙏

Ekahriz thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I totally agree with this. I have seen so many people calling Akshara uneducated. She has a higher education. Goenkas clearly mention she is back after her studies. If she did music, she could have a Masters in music or a Masters in Social Service to work in an NGO. I thought we have progressed enough to understand not only professional degrees mean education. I mean I am sorry if I someone is feeling offended but it's not my intention but saying anyone with a degree in creative arts or in general not a professional degree is uneducated is offending to a lot more real people than ITV characters

It would also be equivalent to saying talented people in music or dance are not intelligent and only doctors or engineers are. Which is not true. Everyone contributes to the society. It would also be like saying we don't need A R Rahmans but only doctors. And just because he is a musician he will be a pushover. 

And that's the point here too, I guess. Mahima is too narrow minded and regressive to think (with all her doctor degree) that she could treat Akshara as a doormat because she is selfless and more empathetic. And I am sure Akshara will prove her wrong. 

Like we live in a super competitive world and I am as competitive. Nobody puts any kind of pressure on me. All kind of pressure to excel comes from within me only and I do face severe anxiety because of that. And there are times,  I wish I could just stop and take a moment to breathe (lol, these are the times I visit forums). And we have reached a level we cannot take simplicity anymore. 

Like a few years back, I have treated my own cousin for not being ambitious and just wanting any job and a slow paced simple life. Even though my ambitions are still the same, I don't treat her anymore with disrespect because she didn't choose what I did. 

Edited by Ekahriz - 2 years ago
pakh thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ekahriz

I totally agree with this. I have seen so many people calling Akshara uneducated. She has a higher education. Goenkas clearly mention she is back after her studies. If she did music, she could have a Masters in music or a Masters in Social Service to work in an NGO. I thought we have progressed enough to understand not only professional degrees mean education. I mean I am sorry if I someone is feeling offended but it's not my intention but saying anyone with a degree in creative arts or in general not a professional degree is uneducated is offending to a lot more real people than ITV characters. 

It would also be equivalent to saying talented people in music or dance are not intelligent and only doctors or engineers are. Which is not true. Everyone contributes to the society. It would also be like saying we don't need A R Rahmans but only doctors. And just because he is a musician he will be a pushover. 

And that's the point here too, I guess. Mahima is too narrow minded and regressive to think (with all her doctor degree) that she could treat Akshara as a doormat because she is selfless and more empathetic. And I am sure Akshara will prove her wrong. 

Like we live in a super competitive world and I am as competitive. Nobody puts any kind of pressure on me. All kind of pressure to excel comes from within me only and I do face severe anxiety because of that. And there are times,  I wish I could just stop and take a moment to breathe (lol, these are the times I visit forums). And we have reached a level we cannot take simplicity anymore. 

Like a few years back, I have treated my own cousin for not being ambitious and just wanting any job and a slow paced simple life. Even though my ambitions are still the same, I don't treat her anymore with disrespect because she didn't choose what I did. 

I was fed up of her being looked down in her educational qualifications and when someone actually pointed it out I just had to jump in and agree. Btw, I googled Music Therapist after Akshu said she wanted to be one in the show and it's a totally certified profession. You need to go to college for it and you need a degree too and then you need qualities of a good human being, empathy, kindness, compassion. So if she want to go be a music therapist she has a professional degree, qualifications as well as skills.

Italics - As someone from Science field, I really am in awe about artists most of the time more than my own but maybe that's just me, I feel like learning equations are easier than learning complexity of making music, practicing singing and dancing needs discipline and routine as much as anyone else. And then these things are every human being's comfort place no matter how successful and whatever professional you are!! So looking down one do no good to other!!

Bold- damn girl can I say I totally relate and some more.Though from last few years I am learning to lessen burden of my own expectations on myself. I am now in somewhere between wanting a simple life and not able to let go of my own ambitions, trying to balance things out. And I really admire those who who can find their peace and contentment more than anything else ,however poetic it may sound😅.

Edited by pakh - 2 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

One's intelligence should never be measured in formal academics. There's a multitude number of ways a person may obtain knowledge. For example, a person may be well versed in cooking or baking but not have an official certificate for it.

As much as we all claim to be a progressive and non-judgmental society, the truth of the matter is that our prejudices and hidden biases come through in subtle ways. For some people like the Birlas, it takes the form of juding people based on their educational qualifications. They are a family who take pride in holding high titles. They will never be satisfied being average doctors who save people's lives. They have to be the very best, the ones whom other doctors refer to when they need expert advise. This yearning may have arisen from ambition but it slowly evolved to feeding their narcissism and ego.

This very same trait is reflected in Arohi as she couldn't be satisfied or happy with being the first in her batch. What was labelled as her competitive streak can also be viewed as her ego being hurt. Having ambition is great! But nowhere has it been written that ambition needs to look the same for everyone. Akshara's ambition to be a musical therapist is just as valid as Arohi's is to become a doctor.

It's a shame that the field of arts and culture is looked upon with a belittiling attitude when it plays just as much importance in advancing society as science and technology does. This would have been a wonderful angle to examine within the show as there are many characters upon whom this storyline could have been applicable. It's a shame that the chances of this occuring are very low though.

ishqdinoorhai9 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: asmaanixx

One's intelligence should never be measured in formal academics. There's a multitude number of ways a person may obtain knowledge. For example, a person may be well versed in cooking or baking but not have an official certificate for it.

As much as we all claim to be a progressive and non-judgmental society, the truth of the matter is that our prejudices and hidden biases come through in subtle ways. For some people like the Birlas, it takes the form of juding people based on their educational qualifications. They are a family who take pride in holding high titles. They will never be satisfied being average doctors who save people's lives. They have to be the very best, the ones whom other doctors refer to when they need expert advise. This yearning may have arisen from ambition but it slowly evolved to feeding their narcissism and ego.

This very same trait is reflected in Arohi as she couldn't be satisfied or happy with being the first in her batch. What was labelled as her competitive streak can also be viewed as her ego being hurt. Having ambition is great! But nowhere has it been written that ambition needs to look the same for everyone. Akshara's ambition to be a musical therapist is just as valid as Arohi's is to become a doctor.

It's a shame that the field of arts and culture is looked upon with a belittiling attitude when it plays just as much importance in advancing society as science and technology does. This would have been a wonderful angle to examine within the show as there are many characters upon whom this storyline could have been applicable. It's a shame that the chances of this occuring are very low though.

The truth this post has is par excellence... Exactly the case... 

Measuring education qualification of two different fields is wrong. 

People say PCMB is hard ... I agree it is but imagine the students who took commerce. They knew nothing about the subject but the courage they took to study is unmatchable. The amount of energy and sharp memory it requires to read and remember the dates in ARTS is once again praiseworthy.

And I am telling this being a PCMB student myself. None of the subjects are easy and just like this, none of the profession is either. We speak about ART in a dignified manner but still don't encourage it when someone follows it. The time where we go wrong and even become a hypocrite. I remember telling my family member I wanted to be a writer and heard them saying what do you want to become? Nd that day I realised ART only has the power till you have another "qualified" degree in your hand otherwise you are just a person who is not intelligent enough to have a job so you are following ur dream under the scrap of unemployment. 

ishqdinoorhai9 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Indira1211

yes it’s really not nice what is happening…akshara  should call abhimanyu and check with him..because she has been receiving romantic signals from him…and as an older sister..this is her responsibility…to find out why he’s been giving her romantic signals if he wants to marry her younger sister.  Because tomorrow if this drama breaks out at the engagement…Arohi is going to hate akshara again,. and she is justified because she is also made to believe that abhimanyu wants to marry her by both the birlas and goenkas 🤦🏻‍♀️…and the humiliation at your engagement to be told your future husband wants someone else is devastating..☹️

She herself believes that he is interested in her. Nd she lied too.  It's not that Abhi called his mother solely to introduce Aarohi instead she crashed his video call. Nd then it was her who called him but the way she put the ball in him is 🤣🤣 I actually laughed of how delusional Aarohi is. 

I agree Abhimanyu should not be spared either.... He has equal hands in creating this mess. Poora ka poora katha ramayan suna Diya lekin ladki ka naam nhi liya.

But the biggest culprit is Mahima.... She knows everything yet she is keeping quiet... I don't why? Does she wants to see Manjiri, her sister, getting humiliated? The way ITV makers ruin sister bonds is beyond me ...