Posted: 2 years ago

Maybe she should sit at home for years to then pursue interior designing and tolerate her husband have an affair with PC to be considered less selfish.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

People change their minds. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe she thought she could give up acting and be happily married but missed her job. I have colleagues who left working wanting to spend more time with kids and family but rejoined the workforce because they missed it. They work even though they don't financially need to. As one colleague put it - she liked having an identity other than "mommy."

I believe one of the reasons Madhuri liked Dr. Nene is because he didn't know who she was. I think she's mentioned it several times. When you're a celebrity, it's hard to know if someone likes you for your qualities or because they're star-struck. And even if he was clueless about who she was I am sure he wasn't that clueless when they married. I am sure he asked all the several standard questions of arranged marriages - what is your education level? what did you study? what did you do for a living? 

Getting married was a choice they BOTH made. Out of all the prospects they both had they picked each other. Either one could have rejected the other. It's hard to see a mutual choice as selfishness. 

And I am sure he had a choice in moving as well. I don't think she drugged, bound, and gagged him to take him anywhere. He could have refused as well. And he was always an adult who could choose to go back at any time as well. Maybe he had other expectations of marriage - but ultimately he also chose this outcome. 

Not all marriages go as expected. For most people, post-married life is always different from what they envisioned. Life is unpredictable. People get fired or laid off. People go back to school and switch careers. 

It just seems unfair to me. If a woman is nice and respects the wishes of her husband she's just doing her duty and no one questions the motives of the man - but if a man does that for his wife, his wife is being selfish. 

I know what you are saying....but had the roles been reversed....the man would have been beaten black and blue for making his wife leave her hard earned career , her life and move to a whole another country because the husband wanted to live his dream....too bad...I am not a feminist and I can't think like one...If I am going to call a man selfish in a situation....I am going to call the woman the same....no extra brownie points for women....atleast not for powerful women like Madhuri Dixit....if the situation was reversed ..I would have called Dr Nene exactly the same....SELFISH and that is what Madhuri is in my eyes..

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Dunno if I'd call that selfish. Marriage is a partnership. They can decide where they want to live and even change their minds. If she decides she wants to return to work, and he agrees to accompany her, how would it make her selfish? 

Depends on how you are looking at this situation.....He is a very nice man no doubt....but taking him away from everything that he was used to....was not a nice thing to do....so he sacrificed for her.....a man in Madhuri's situation would have been called a lot of names ...trust me...😉

Originally posted by Terenaina

I have a hard time believing dr didn’t know who madhuri was. He may not be a fan of hers or watch her movies but do not tell me he don’t know who she is just because he lives in the US. He is Indian just lives abroad and was born abroad but still Indian origin I think. 

That is what Madhuri said....that he had NO IDEA who she was.....that is why I don't like this woman...I think she lied about Dr Nene not knowing her....I also have heard stories from the reality shows where she makes people sing odes to her...😆

Watch from 15:00 and tell me that this person would have wanted to give up his life and live somewhere else...but he did...and she must be knowing that he did it just for her...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkm_M1WrifI&ab_channel=SimiGarewalOfficial

Originally posted by hotchoco

I think they moved to India because something was wrong with Nene's career or maybe he was burned out and didn't want to work anymore. Nothing other than that explains why he doesn't do anything in India. He could have even worked for free and helped poor people if he didn't need the money. It's hard to understand why someone who's put so much time into their education just suddenly gives up. 

My guess is they moved to India so Madhuri could work and Nene could quit. He seems perfectly happy making youtube videos and cooking for his kids and relaxing. I don't think Madhuri dragged him to India against his wishes. Their kids are returning to the US for college and they are citizens so they could get jobs there and live there forever if they want. I doubt it though. The BW bug is too hard to resist. They will come back and try to make a career in BW.

What?? He doesn't do anything at all...I had read somewhere he was guest surgeon or lecturer...can't exactly remember what it was....but its weird....I want his life...🤣

Didn’t her husband get sued for malpractice and got his license taken away? That’s why they had to move to India.

I just read the whole thread and it amuses me so much at how many people get triggered by my DP...and start bashing my poor Shahrukhwa and now ek kadam aage...bashing my poor Shahrukhwa;s poor Aryanwa...😭

To Aryan ....I am sorry babu..😭

Sorry Arnab GIF - Sorry Arnab I Am Sorry - Discover & Share GIFs

Originally posted by bollyqueen0

Thought this was going to be a personal post about your son leaving for college. Came here to wish you all the best.

Thought the same when I first clicked on the post intending to wish Betty all the best. Then clicked out when I saw it was Bollywood related. Forgot about this post and came across it again today. Memory of a goldfish, I clicked on the post to wish all the best once again only to realise that I’m a consistent and serial victim of clickbait. 

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

I know what you are saying....but had the roles been reversed....the man would have been beaten black and blue for making his wife leave her hard earned career , her life and move to a whole another country because the husband wanted to live his dream....too bad...I am not a feminist and I can't think like one...If I am going to call a man selfish in a situation....I am going to call the woman the same....no extra brownie points for women....atleast not for powerful women like Madhuri Dixit....if the situation was reversed ..I would have called Dr Nene exactly the same....SELFISH and that is what Madhuri is in my eyes..

But why are you assuming anyone was made to leave their career? They made a personal decision as a couple and did what's best for themselves. Madhuri left her career for more than decade to be a housewife in some obscure suburb of Denver. If he left his career to go to India for her, it's the same thing. And frankly, Nene has the type of career which can be worked on anywhere in the world. A doctor is a doctor anywhere. He could have gotten a prestigious job in an Indian hospital. But Madhuri's career is possible only in India. The most reasonable thing is to go to India where they both can work if they want to. That's not possible in the US.

But Nene doesn't work as a doctor at all in India. He never has. That makes me think he probably wanted to quit. Sometimes people just get burned out. He seems to be quite happy being a house-husband and doing influencer things like making youtube videos. Nowadays nobody stays together if they're not happy. If he wasn't satisfied, he would have divorced her and lived his own life. 

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

I just read the whole thread and it amuses me so much at how many people get triggered by my DP...and start bashing my poor Shahrukhwa and now ek kadam aage...bashing my poor Shahrukhwa;s poor Aryanwa...😭

To Aryan ....I am sorry babu..😭

Sorry Arnab GIF - Sorry Arnab I Am Sorry - Discover & Share GIFs

Reminded me of the nasty and predictable fan wars of the old days. Yikes. Thank god most people have moved on from this type of drama.