Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

I think the role was too small for a star of her caliber. Aamir and Kareena had the showier roles and were seen more in marketing. Rani as the housewife felt regressive on paper even if the onscreen version had more depth. It felt like when Juhi was relegated to the hero's sister in law in Paheli despite being the romantic lead just a few years prior.

atominis thumbnail

Rani is the BEST performer of Talaash. Excellent portrayal of a woman depressed after untimely death of her son. The way she showed grief, bereavement, sense of loss, desire to communicate to spirit of her son in any way possible...it was heartbreakingly real.

No other actress could have pulled it off as well as she did. It is one of Rani's best. And sadly the most underrated, subtle performance too. 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Rani stole the show.

Not just her performance, I feel the whole film is underrated and never got its due. At that point, Indian critics weren't used to supernatural thrillers/neo-noir films.

Even today, despite the twist ending, it has repeat value and stands the test of time.

It's one of the best Bollywood films of the last decade. Stellar performances, great drama, a well-written film.

Agree 100%. What a well-made film. Rani's part was smaller but her grief was portrayed really well. Great chemistry with Aamir too- you really believe they're a married couple struggling with grief.

Kareena obviously had a flashier role, but when I re-watched the movie recently with the twist in mind- I was blown away by how well she played it. Rosie's dialogues and what her character was trying to convey- it was the key to the mystery, but also so filled with pathos.

I do think though that Aamir had the toughest job since it was a very closed-off and gruff character- but he really carried the film and took us on this journey as the lead should.

Extremely well-made and technically superior.film with a haunting score.  I just wish they'd enhanced the chill-factor perhaps by playing up the Shernaaz Patel/Rani being haunted track? I mean I get that a large part of the film was highlighting the terrible plight of sex workers and that was truly haunting, but they could have upped the ante with the supernatural. The plot twist with Kareena's character was too straight forward and so too was the mystery.

Edited by Sashay01 - 2 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I think the role was too small for a star of her caliber. Aamir and Kareena had the showier roles and were seen more in marketing. Rani as the housewife felt regressive on paper even if the onscreen version had more depth. It felt like when Juhi was relegated to the hero's sister in law in Paheli despite being the romantic lead just a few years prior.

this is not similar in anyway

juhi was not a lead in paheli..it was srk-rani where Talaash had 3 leads..from posters to promotions..no way was this similar to juhi in paheli..also screen time wise both kareena and rani had almost same length..yes kareena has the meatier role though

juhi also was the sister of akshay in a movie he did with karisma..she started doing character roles post 2000 but rani continues to come as lead.. mardani series..hichki..cannot be more full fledged roles than these

Mistyy thumbnail

Meeeeeeeeeeee

Recently I just watched that movie again only for Rani. What a fabulous actress is she, the way she emoted her emotions without any over the top expressions or dialogues, is something all the future generations need to study. She is just exceptional. 

FilmySpice thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Rani was amazing in it, and it was not an easy role, a lesser actress could have easily messed it up 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Rani is always incredible in most of her movies.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Agree 100%. What a well-made film. Rani's part was smaller but her grief was portrayed really well. Great chemistry with Aamir too- you really believe they're a married couple struggling with grief.

Kareena obviously had a flashier role, but when I re-watched the movie recently with the twist in mind- I was blown away by how well she played it. Rosie's dialogues and what her character was trying to convey- it was the key to the mystery, but also so filled with pathos.

I do think though that Aamir had the toughest job since it was a very closed-off and gruff character- but he really carried the film and took us on this journey as the lead should.

Extremely well-made and technically superior.film with a haunting score.  I just wish they'd enhanced the chill-factor perhaps by playing up the Shernaaz Patel/Rani being haunted track? I mean I get that a large part of the film was highlighting the terrible plight of sex workers and that was truly haunting, but they could have upped the ante with the supernatural. The plot twist with Kareena's character was too straight forward and so too was the mystery.

Kareena absolutely shined in this movie and did full justice to her character ❤️ My heart broke for Rosie.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Kareena did nothing in the movie for me. Just walked around and did a subtle Poo type of acting, didn’t impress me at all  

briahna thumbnail

she was brilliant as always. but Kareena stole the show.