Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kangana, Karan Johar, Adnan Sami and Ekta receive Padma Shri

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor Receive Their Padma Shri Awards

Ekta Kapoor received her Padma Shri award. (Pic courtesy: DD National)

New Delhi: 

Filmmakers Karan Johar and Ekta Kapoor received their Padma Shri awards in a ceremony held in New Delhi on Monday evening. President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Padma awards for 2020 at Rashtrapati Bhawan with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in attendance. The awards are being given out in four batches - actor Kangana Ranaut and singer Adnan Sami received their Padma Shri awards in the first ceremony on Monday morning. The honours list for the film industry includes singer SP Balasubrahmanyam who will receive the Padma Vibhushan posthumously.

Kangana Ranaut, who also recently received the National Award for Best Actress. was dressed in a gold saree for the Padma awards ceremony.
https://twitter.com/rashtrapatibhvn/status/1457629029599625223?s=20

Adnan Sami receiving his Padma Shri:
 https://twitter.com/rashtrapatibhvn/status/1457626992753315843?s=20

Karan Johar

https://twitter.com/rashtrapatibhvn/status/1457703174702133250?s=20

The Padma awards for 2020 have been somewhat controversial, largely because of Adnan Sami who is of Pakistani origin and became an Indian citizen in 2016; his Padma Shri was widely criticised when the honours list was announced in January with the Nationalist Congress Party calling it an "insult to 130 crore Indians." Mr Sami lashed out at Jaiveer Shergill of the Congress on Twitter after the politician denounced the singer's Padma honour as "chamchagiri."

Speaking to news agency PTI after controversy erupted, Adnan Sami said, "The people who are criticising are some minor politicians. They are doing it because of some political agenda that they have and it has nothing to do with me. I am not a politician, I am a musician."

Kangana Ranaut and Karan Johar, once very public enemies, receiving Padma Shri honours the same year has also not escaped comment on the Internet. Speaking to Mumbai Mirror after the honours list was announced, KJo said, "So much has been said about Kangana, me and some kind of rivalry or simmering tension. But at every public event we've met, we've greeted each other graciously. Whatever may have been said or insinuated in print, I think I'm too old and wise to hold any kind of malice in my heart for anybody. As a filmmaker, I respect Kangana's talent, craft, and what she brings to the table. She is an actor who has proved her mettle and is deserving of the honor. Besides Ekta and Adnan Sami, I am honoured to receive the Padma Shri alongside Kangana." He also did not rule out future collaborations with the actress.

credit ndtv

Edited by priya185 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Adnan Saami is Indian?????

I thought he is Paki🤔

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Only Adnan Sami looks eligible to me, though I don't know his contribution that much.

priya185 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -sim-

I thought he is Paki🤔

yes that is true

there was an uproar on social media regarding it. His mother is Indian

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: -sim-

I thought he is Paki🤔

He was given Indian citizenship few years ago.

Mistyy thumbnail

Kangana?  I love how no one bats an eye anymore for all her undeserving awards😆

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

K🐍Jo received one too!

I'd expect some sanskari movies from Dharma now 😃

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Why didnt my fav win one 😆

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hilarous!!

Raj Kundra is out on bail for making/distributing p*rn to Indian audience, while on the other hand, Ekta Kapoor is awarded the highest civilian order despite dishing out every filrh and "gandi baats" on OTT..

Kangana???? What for??? Spreading toxicity??

Sami??? What for?? Is he even an Indian??

Johar again?? For what?? Nurturing nepotisn??

Brain bender for me!!!

Filmfare and NA had lost their credibility a long time back, now even Padmashree had joined the league..

On a lighter note, what would have been the ambience of Rastrapati Bhawan with Kangana and Karan under the same roof, breathing the same air??? 

I am actually imagining the range of expressions that Johar might have gave..😆

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

So Ekta, Kjo and Kangu won't be caught by NCB in future...🤔