Kangana, Karan Johar, Adnan Sami and Ekta receive Padma Shri - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago

It is sad to know People have no problem with Ekta and Karan winning it But have problem with Kangana winning it. I don't agree with anything she endorses , But She deserved Padmashree .I mean Saif, Vidya,Kajol,PC all got it, Kangana surely deserved it long back.

Edited by Pirated_Fun - 2 years ago

So a govt that wants to increase censorship and  tries to impose insane restrictions on OTT platforms 'honours' someone like Ekta with a Padma award. Funny or what 

Originally posted by FingerFetish

WTF has Ekta done to receive such a high honour? She broke my teenage heart countless times by playing with my feelings and killing/bringing-back-to-life/killing/bringing-back-to-life/killing my favourite TV characters. This ordeal was so mentally exhausting with me sobbing on my carpeted floor, only to start smiling again with hope, then crying all over again. All she does is introduce good shows with great couples and drags it for 30 years, killing the leads/changing their faces at least 50 times. The only thing that remained consistent is the red dupaata flying in everyoneโ€™s face and a 200 year old Baa who never died. Fuck this bullshit.

MDH wale chacha ya Queen Lizzie marein ya na marein,  Baa toh nahi marnewali..   She'd summon us on to  an ouija board when we are dead.  

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

I was hoping ki Kangana didn't win this (idk, m stupid) toh kya maze aate... Phirse drame shuru hote, but khair chodiye! ๐Ÿ˜ถ

A good master knows better than to starve his pitbull . 

The awards were announced last year

Originally posted by Pirated_Fun

It is sad to know People have no problem with Ekta and Karan winning it But have problem with Kangana winning it. I don't agree with anything she endorses , But She deserved Padmashree .I mean Saif, Vidya,Kajol,PC all got it, Kangana surely deserved it long back.

If people like Karan and Ekta more than Kangana than what can be done. ๐Ÿ˜† Is it sad ? Perhaps but itโ€™s on Kangana to change the perception people have of her. 

Originally posted by Silpa20

The awards were announced last year

I was gonna say all these people won it before like 1/2 years ago. An perhaps the ceremony is only happening now 

Why do ppl think kjo and ekta donโ€™t deserve it? 

They have created nation wide brands when it comes to film and television 

Like it or not, their shows are on tv for 15 odd years and kjos films have been popular since the early

2000s

Produced several projects (lot of which contain new comers - yea non star kids too) 

Put their might behind regional projects, female centric projects to give them a wider reach 

U guys think all of this is a cakewalk to achieve ๐Ÿ˜‚

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

MDH wale chacha ya Queen Lizzie marein ya na marein,  Baa toh nahi marnewali..   She'd summon us on to  an ouija board when we are dead.  

The British Royal Family ARE the real-time Ekta show family, with all its family drama between sasural and bichde hue beta-bahu jinhone Oprah mein jaa kar khaandaan ke naak katwa diya. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Then there's the 400-year-old readymade Baa (Queen Lizzie) who is supposedly immortal. 

Originally posted by Pirated_Fun

Padmashri is not an acting award. Think of it as Medal of Honor in the U.S. compared to Oscars. Kangana is a good actress, but she simply doesn't the body of work yet to justify a Padmashri. Nor do the others mentioned.