T20 World Cup 2021, Match 33: India vs Afghanistan –

Posted: 2 years ago

Sportsmanship isn't about criticizing the "ONE" who didn't win on "That ONE"day... it's about appreciating and supporting their hard work amidst success and failures!!!

( Tag Credit : Sutapasima )

With two losses in two outings, India are hanging by a thread in the tournament and a loss against Afghanistan will send them packing. Mohammad Nabi’s side, who have 4 points in 3 games with a high net run rate of +3.097, will move closer to the semi-final spot should they manage an upset over the Men In Blue? 

It’s a battle of contrasting methodology, which both sides play by. India, who are much comfortable chasing rather than setting a total – as seen by their previous two innings – bat in a conservative, traditional approach of getting their eye in before launching an assault in the death. They are, though, still finding their best batting order and a threatening bowling combination.

Afghanistan, on the other hand, have taken a leaf out of West Indies’ book since the last T20 World Cup five years ago. 

They like to bat in a gung-ho style right from the first over, and then their spinners strangle the opposition under the pressure of a target. 

Both of their wins so far have come while defending: they blew away Scotland and Nambia by 130 runs and 62 runs respectively, and gave Pakistan their toughest challenge of the tournament.

Although India are 2-0 up over Afghanistan in T20 World Cups, those wins came in 2010 and 2012, and Afghanistan’s rise in the last decade has been nothing short of incredible. 

Should they manage a victory over the Asian giants on Wednesday, it will be a testament to this upsurge.

Pitch Report:

The pacers will get additional support from the surface. As usual, the batters need to toil hard to score runs. Going with the trend, whoever wins the toss should bowl first.

Probable Playing XI for IND vs AFG:

India

Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Suryakumar Yadav/Ishan Kishan, Rishabh Pant (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammad Shami/Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Varun Chakravarthy

Afghanistan

Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Hashmatullah Shahidi/Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (c), Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman/Hamid Hassan

Afghanistan has won the toss and elected to field.

Hmm there are some exceptions.  Let's see how it goes.

May the best team win.

Cheers..

India: 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 KL Rahul, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Suryakumar Yadav, 5 Rishabh Pant, 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Shardul Thakur, 9 Mohammed Shami, 10 R Ashwin, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

Afghanistan: 1 Hazratullah Zazai, 2 Mohammad Shahzad (wk), 3 Rahmanullah Gurbaz, 4 Najibullah Zadran, 5 Mohammad Nabi (capt.), 6 Sharafuddin Ashraf, 7 Gulbadin Naib, 8 Rashid Khan, 9 Karim Janat, 10 Naveen-ul-Haq, 11 Hamid Hassan

Sorry Madhu, I posted before you finished posting the introduction posts.

Cheers..

Average 1st innings score:

The average first innings score on this wicket is 145.

Record of chasing teams:

The team batting second has great records here. They have maintained a winning percentage of 80 on this ground.

Originally posted by Savera84

Sorry Madhu, I posted before you finished posting the introduction posts.

Cheers..

Forget match toss also never winning virat  toss is really affecting their confidence actually

Originally posted by Savera84

Afghanistan has won the toss and elected to field.

Hmm there are some exceptions.  Let's see how it goes.

May the best team win.

Cheers..

Thanks Raji for helping me .🤗 

I was busy supervising the lights in the front yard. So I was a bit late. 

Thanks once again, dear.❤️

IND vs AFG ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Match 33 Expert Advice:

Lokesh Rahul will be a good captaincy choice for the mini grand leagues considering his form in the IPL 2021. Ishan Kishan and Hazratullah Zazai are the punt-picks here. The best-suggested combination for this game is 1-4-2-4.

IND vs AFG ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Match 33 Probable Winners:

India is expected to win this match of T20 World Cup 2021 considering their combination. However, Afghanistan is not a team to give up so easily.