•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Cover by Serpensortia

Prologue

"So the writer of the year goes to, any guesses?," The announcer created a little suspense when the audience insisted him to announce it first and she smirked, "Okay, no suspense and finally... It is Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada again, the consecutive winner of two times"

While the same time a short-heightened man in black suit jumped the pebbles to receive the award with a lame smile. He just stood and said nervously, "hey, I am really bad at speeches so just a thank you to all the readers," and left for the press questions.

"Hey Mr. Raizada how are you feeling right now," one of them ask when he smiled a little, "I am feeling really honoured"

One another asked, "Do you have any inspiration?"

"Not yet," he giggled a little.

Listening to his laughter one lady mediaperson asked, "One of your favourite among all your own stories?"

"Yeah! Unexpected, why work which never printed, and it is releasing tommorrow, aiyega aap bhi" he smiled widened.

"Sir one last, have you ever seen your characters in real?," She continued.

He laughed, "This is not possible, all our my characters, not real personalities," saying this he was about to leave when he turned back, "But I would like to witness it... Beth ke sath coffee piyenge"

Shrugging his head he left from the spot as he had to inaugurate his next book Unexpected. This time likewise his personality, from a famous coffee shop, "Two mugs to cheers" in Pune, apart from NewYork.

----

"Hey Kriti, Happy Birthday my bestie," Khushi, a random chirpy girl wished her best friend Kriti from the city Pune.

Kriti has two tickets of the book launch where Khushi was disinterested to visit.

"No please, I know it is your birthday and you're interested to visit at some random book release, but I am not," she threw the tantrums.

Kriti insisted more, "Arey, oh tantrums ki maharani chal bhi na, I have got the tickets after such a struggle"

"Ohoo! Book queen, tere us author ka naam bhi mujhe nahi pata as in meine itni padhai apne course me nahi ki jitni tu novels padh leti hai. So not interested!," declared Khushi.

Kriti had the trump card to play, "What is today?"

Khushi too was shrewd, "Wednesday," and smirked.

"Oh gosh! It is my favourite author Ar...," Kriti pouted but Khushi stopped her and said with a gloomy face, "Chal meri ma bas tere authors ke naam mujhe nahi palle padhte, angrez chale gaye books chod gaye," Khushi pouted and kissed Kriti.

-----

Edited by beingaditij - 2 years ago

Index

Prologue - Above

One - pg 1

Edited by beingaditij - 2 years ago

Arnav is a writer and Khushi does not like books. Not exactly a match. But their paths are about to cross.

One

Khushi and Kriti reached the destination, and found the whole media and fans were present. Kriti was not the one and only who was the die-hard fan of Arnav Singh Raizada but one among the whole junk.

When the same time the man of the day reached to launch his book live and facing his fans first time. He too was excited to meet the person who liked his books the most but without giving an adieu, he finally untied the book to show it to everyone, with a subtle smile.

"So after loads of questions and answers segment this is going to be the last, the fandom contest," the host announced with a hoot.

Everyone cheered and Kriti enthusiased, "Wow Khush! My turn has come"

"We are now playing a logical game and the winner will be meeting the Arnav Singh Raizada ....yes the ASR," the host revealed it out to continue, "And this is a partner game, so are you ready guys"

Kriti became even more excited, "Arey wah I have a partner too, who is more logical then anyone else in the whole universe"

"Whatever...," Mumbled Khushi noticing the whole thing as utter nonsense.

Kriti hit her head, "Come, help me out"

They started enjoying the game and the first riddle came into their path as hurdle. Kriti picked the ball on which the riddle pasted and read out, The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

Khushi answered in a one go, "Footsteps...le aage"

"But, what is the answer?," Kriti questioned.

Khushi gave her a fake smile and said, "f****ing footsteps"

Kriti bit her tongue and finally after few riddles with the help of each other, Khushi and Kriti reached Arnav Singh Raizada who was facing them back when Khushi was about to leave saying, "Mr. Arrogant! Bulake khud hi pith dikhate hain"

"Shut up Khush!," Kriti chewed her words when the host announced, "So the winners are Kriti and Khushi," and Arnav looked at them.

Khushi was getting pi**ed off with the whole drama and was about to leave when he caught it right, "Ms. Khushi?"

"Yes," she replied with equal arrogance.

"Chill ma'am you are a fan and I respect you," he said with a smile.

Khushi grinned to taunt "Do you? That's why you organized this whole competition to meet two among hundreds"

"I can't meet everyone," he replied back.

"Then why to meet, even two?" asked she.

Kriti took the command and tried to shut her up but Arnav denied. 

He infact said, "I have the audacity to meet even two"

"Yeah yeah! Why not to show the ehsaan, you have done to us," Khushi almost started fighting.

Arnav stepped towards her, "dekho Ayesha chup kar jao"

"Ab aap mera naam bhi bhul gaye," she taunted again.

"Bhul kaise sakta hoon tum jo role play kar rahi ho maine hi to ...," He stopped in between when realised what was going on.

He realised, she wasn't the character of his unpublished book but she was an alive girl.

She was fuming with anger when he appologising said, "I am sorry ma'am"

What just happened? Did he just have a surreal moment? Did he think he was talking to someone on his imagination?