Deepak Tijori's Next Film

Ittefaq thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hum confuse ho gaye!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   January 24, 2007

Deepak Tijori and Sanjay Gupta
As a first step towards moving away from his image of making dark, brooding films, director-producer Sanjay Gupta has signed Deepak Tijori to direct an out-and-out comedy.

However, there seems to be a problem as far as the film's title is concerned; while Sanjay Gupta says it's called Hamari Maange Puri Karo, Tijori says it's Hum Honge Kaamyaab!

It's official

Tijori inked the deal with White Feather Productions (the production company owned by Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt) on Monday. He says, "I was visiting the sets of Sanjay's film Shootout At Lokhandwala. Apoorva (Lakhia) was directing Sanjay Dutt and Neha Dhupia when I walked in. It was there and then that Sanju offered me my official signing amount."

Tijori adds that he was approached by Gupta especially to make a comic caper as part of their plan to make films of all genres with different directors on board. "It's called Hum Honge Kaamyaab, and takes
a look at a bunch of youngsters just before they take on responsibilities in life. It's a light comedy that can be seen by the entire family," he says.

It's different

But producer Gups tells a different story! He says, "Our film is called Hamari Maange Puri Karo and is about five guys who go on a road trip to get laid. It's the first time White Feathers Films is doing something light and sexy — a break from the dark, action films that we normally do. It's a sex comedy but is not a vulgar film."

The film, slated to roll in May, will have five male and four female actors. The cast, which is under finalisation, has some actors from Tijori's Tom, Dick and Harry like Dino Morea and Jimmy Sheirgill. It is learnt that Tusshar Kapoor is also slated to be part of the project.

Meanwhile, Tijori has also begun work on his new project with Baba Films. The film, yet untitled, once again has Dino Morea and Jimmy Sheirgill in the cast.

"It is a musical love story," says Tijori, who returns to Bigg Boss for the finale episode on Saturday. "I still watch Bigg Boss. I love it!"

In Bigg Boss, he had stated that he would offer a film to co-contestant Aryan Vaid once out of Bigg Boss. So will Vaid be part of this project? "I am working with Aryan on another project. For this film, the cast will be of Gupta's choice," says Tijori.

Article: Mid-Day

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Thts Really cool...
I will b looking fwd to his movies
ashah2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well thnx for the info we will have to wait and watch the film to see how it turns out
Ittefaq thumbnail
Well he tried avenging Aryan's eviction, but not to worry he direct him in one of his future movies. Lol. 😉
*Ajju* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So DT found one more Bakra 😛 Well DT and his movie better to keep away from both 😛