YASHO1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

The car ride back from Dr. Navya's office was silent, each lost in their own thoughts. Dev drove them to the office building, from where both went straight to their respective cabins after exchanging only an awkward half-hug. The high of their last night's love-making had worn off too soon. 

Sona's PoV 

Sona walked into her office in a daze, her eyes glued to the ground as if looking at anyone would spill the treacherous thoughts ravaging her mind. Had she been right to say what she did about Dev? What if he gets into stress and starts taking anxiety pills again? The images of Dev unconscious flooded her mind causing nervous pits to form in her stomach. She clutched the back of her chair hard to calm her racing heart and fluttering stomach. 

Just then Jatin entered the room to see sona in visible distress. The scene confused him because wasn't it just yesterday that Sona had called him and thanked him for suggesting the idea of a counselor? What the hell could have happened within 24 hours?

Setting aside his own thoughts and focusing on Sona, he went to her and held her shoulder in a reassuring grip. "Kya hua Sona?, he asked, becoming even more distressed as Sona dissolved into tears and hugged him. Jatin hugged her back. Giving her a minute or so to calm down, he gently held her hand and sat down at the sofa. Giving her the distance he intuited she needed, he asked again, 'Kya hua Sona?  Kya ghar pe phir kuch hua?'

Sona looked a if she couldn't find the words to begin, and it was taking considerable effort to put into words what she was feeling. So Jatin waited. Finally Sona spoke. 'Kal jo hua uske baad I should be on a high. Dev gifted me a promise bracelet, told me he loved me, and then kissed me. Mai kitne dino se Dev ka kareeb hona, uske touch ko miss kar rahi thi - I don't even remember - but jab yeh hua why was I feeling an unknown fear?' , Sona finished and looked up to Jatin, shameful of feeling what she was, waiting for Jatin to answer. 

But before Jatin could answer - although he had nothing to say anyway - Sona spoke again after having wiped her eyes, again. ' Aaj humari Dr. Navya ke sath phirse session thi. Maine...she gulped...maine yeh sab kehe diye Dev ko per Dev ne jo kaha na...woh bhi toh..uska bachpan...ma...', Sona let out a frustrated groan. Did what she was saying making any sense? What was she to do? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zonalgirl thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

When will we get to read the next part? This is so beautifully written...