Major events missed by the show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

1- Defeat of Marathas, treachery of British with Mukunddev and his arrest. Those who do not know history couldn't even understand when British came and how they captured Odisha. Seriously I couldn't process how and why Mukunddev was captured when I saw the first episodes.

2- Jayee Rajguru's story wasn't shown at all, could have been a cameo but no, they entirely escaped his arc with few mentions here and there. And now even his mention has stopped in the show. 

3- Paika Rebellion and Buxi Jagbandhu's first Paika revolt is entirely escaped. Why? How will audience understand how British are controlling jagannath mandir and puri? 🤔

4- Why no mention of Mughals and Marathas? I know it's Odisha's story but not mentioning them is absurd because the show is based on a political plot.

5-Major Fletcher is anglo indian? Why just why? And why makers are not giving answer to the question of uski mataji kis gaon se thi. I wanna know the answer before this character dies in the show.

6- Why no mention of Paika's work and nature of their duties? If I hadn't read it in books I wouldn't understand who are paikas. No detailing on this part.😒

7- Why? God why this Fletcher is obsessed with Kalyani? Is this recorded in history? Obviously no. Only anglo indian affairs which is somehow recorded in history are of Begum samroo and her husband and Kirkpatrick and khair un nissa. There are few mentions of soldiers marrying indian women and writing  about them in their wills but nothing like this obsession of Fletcher is recorded in history. Major Fletcher was administrator of Khurda , an evil man who tried to exploit people by his revenue policies. If he had any problem with Buxi it would have been of his being involved in first Paika rebellion. If they had any personal enmity.

8- Charan Pattnaik is shown as a clown and Fletcher's right hand man.😂 That guy was main perpetrator of Buxi loosing his property. But here this guy is just a comic relief.

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago