Two things about the show that don't make sense

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

1-  Fletcher's enmity with Indians and his identity is absolutely absurd. First because at those times such mixed race children were not preferred for military job but the fact he's in military and his officers know he's a mixed race proves his father wasn't ashamed to accept him legally as his child and must have truly loved his wife so much that he actually raised Geoffrey and gave him his name in the society. When his father was such a loving husband to his wife and a good father to his son  I don't understand his prejudice against his identity and Indians. It would have been better if he was not shown a mix breed man. šŸ˜’ 

2- Unnecessary focus on Buxi's personal life when the history has no facts regarding his personal life. Yes he was married two times but that's it, nothing more is written about him so why show something which is not recorded in history, just to add a forced love triangle.šŸ˜ Did Buxi ever get time to get involved in kitchen politics because I have no hopes from itv. They will surely shift focus from revolt to saas bahu drama between Buxi, radha and Kalyani.šŸ˜’šŸ˜¤

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago

Originally posted by MastaniBaji

1-  Fletcher's enmity with Indians and his identity is absolutely absurd. First because at those times such mixed race children were not preferred for military job but the fact he's in military and his officers know he's a mixed race proves his father wasn't ashamed to accept him legally as his child and must have truly loved his wife so much that he actually raised Geoffrey and gave him his name in the society. When his father was such a loving husband to his wife and a good father to his son  I don't understand his prejudice against his identity and Indians. It would have been better if he was not shown a mix breed man. šŸ˜’ 

2- Unnecessary focus on Buxi's personal life when the history has no facts regarding his personal life. Yes he was married two times but that's it, nothing more is written about him so why show something which is not recorded in history, just to add a forced love triangle.šŸ˜ Did Buxi ever get time to get involved in kitchen politics because I have no hopes from itv. They will surely shift focus from revolt to saas bahu drama between Buxi, radha and Kalyani.šŸ˜’šŸ˜¤

What I understood from Fletcherā€™s scene with his supervisor was that the company hired him to be their representative in their dealings with the various Indian Rajyas mainly due to his mixed identity- half Indian, half British. Such a mixed identity officer could be expected to understand the Indian psyche, what they held important, what they became emotional over, and ultimately how to use this information to exploit them much better than an average English officer who didnā€™t have any mixed identity. Also the actor Danny Sura is also half British half Indian, so maybe to justify his origin, the character also was given a mixed identity. 

Then again, his motherā€™s identity was just added for giving tadka to that scene. šŸ˜³ Nothing as serious as you have reasoned, which is perfectly sound. However, am sure even the makers havenā€™t thought on such lines šŸ˜†

Unfortunately, if the trp doesnā€™t go up, they will be forced to show what works.. and thatā€™s love triangles, and saas bahu drama according to the current trend. 

Originally posted by flutterby

What I understood from Fletcherā€™s scene with his supervisor was that the company hired him to be their representative in their dealings with the various Indian Rajyas mainly due to his mixed identity- half Indian, half British. Such a mixed identity officer could be expected to understand the Indian psyche, what they held important, what they became emotional over, and ultimately how to use this information to exploit them much better than an average English officer who didnā€™t have any mixed identity. Also the actor Danny Sura is also half British half Indian, so maybe to justify his origin, the character also was given a mixed identity. 

Then again, his motherā€™s identity was just added for giving tadka to that scene. šŸ˜³ Nothing as serious as you have reasoned, which is perfectly sound. However, am sure even the makers havenā€™t thought on such lines šŸ˜†

Unfortunately, if the trp doesnā€™t go up, they will be forced to show what works.. and thatā€™s love triangles, and saas bahu drama according to the current trend. 

I read in history mixed breed children in England were not eligible for military service of such a high rank so it's absolutely amazing he was allowed to be in military. Also, British themselves learnt native laws and language and they had actual Indians to help them, they didn't need mixed breed people for that. 

I still want to know the answer of Fletcher ki mataji kis gaon se thi. šŸ¤£

Saas bahu drama has already started. The precap is so annoying, and the most illogical thing is king himself coming in front of bullet to save Buxi. WTH. Why would a king save a commander in chief like that. In order to copy ghum they showed tis absurd scene. And above all look at mahan Kalyani, she is blaming Buxi.šŸ„“ Dumbo really doesn't know politics. Even tilotamma looks intelligent in front of her Now I am damn sure radha will be a villain because without that no one is going to like this nuisance creating dumbo. She is better off with Fletcher.šŸ˜¤

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago

I read in history mixed breed children in England were not eligible for military service of such a high rank so it's absolutely amazing he was allowed to be in military. Also, British themselves learnt native laws and language and they had actual Indians to help them, they didn't need mixed breed people for that. 

I still want to know the answer of Fletcher ki mataji kis gaon se thi. šŸ¤£

Saas bahu drama has already started. The precap is so annoying, and the most illogical thing is king himself coming in front of bullet to save Buxi. WTH. Why would a king save a commander in chief like that. In order to copy ghum they showed tis absurd scene. And above all look at mahan Kalyani, she is blaming Buxi.šŸ„“ Dumbo really doesn't know politics. Even tilotamma looks intelligent in front of her Now I am damn sure radha will be a villain because without that no one is going to like this nuisance creating dumbo. She is better off with Fletcher.šŸ˜¤

Well, clearly the makers didnā€™t do their homework very well, and brought in a mixed breed actor to enact an Eng officer. Also am sure, Danny Sura would be charging less than an Eng actor, so maybe budgeting issues as well.. of course what you have suggested is highly logical, but of course the makers havenā€™t thought so deeply about it. 

Even I have lost interest after todayā€™s episodeā€¦ even Ssharad canā€™t make me religiously watch this travesty of a show based on BJā€™s glorious history. šŸ¤” 

just two???

I have another 100 in my list šŸ˜†... honestly so done. I tried to keep watching for the story line but execution is so bad that I can't take it 

Originally posted by flutterby

You are right, but not just Fletcher, they didn't put any thought in any character. Every character lacks depth, no one seems serious about freedom , Brits don't look like doing any excessive oppression, everything looks absurd

Originally posted by lovereading14

just two???

I have another 100 in my list šŸ˜†... honestly so done. I tried to keep watching for the story line but execution is so bad that I can't take it 

Please do write