Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: mintyblue

I don't think its cool to speculate on sexuality

and people don't "turn" gay like this article is insinuating

I mean it's nothing shameful even if she is bisexual...but people don't just turn bisexual all of a sudden.

As someone who is LGBT myself, I would like to point out that someone can actually in fact just turn gay.

They might not have felt this way earlier in life, and then they experience feelings towards someone and realise they are gay or bisexual. It does happen.😎

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

As much as I love Rani, it's always disturbed me the way she's gone after married men. 

Going after an UNMARRIED woman would be refreshing for a change and better for her karma.

OK, this one made me laugh out so bad I just spat the coffee all over.

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

As someone who is LGBT myself, I would like to point out that someone can actually in fact just turn gay.

They might not have felt this way earlier in life, and then they experience feelings towards someone and realise they are gay or bisexual. It does happen.😎

There's two ways to think about it. Someone "turning" gay by discovering feelings about same sex people. Or ... another possibility is that they were bi to begin with, and repressed that side due to social stigma (or because their gay side wasn't that active), and then suddenly they get feelings for a same sex person and 'accept' their gay side.

But yes straight people rediscovering their bi side has happened throughout human history.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

There's two ways to think about it. Someone "turning" gay by discovering feelings about same sex people. Or ... another possibility is that they were bi to begin with, and repressed that side due to social stigma (or because their gay side wasn't that active), and then suddenly they get feelings for a same sex person and 'accept' their gay side.

But yes straight people rediscovering their bi side has happened throughout human history.

I disagree with this too.There can be many many more ways than just two.At the end of the day, sexuality is on a spectrum and it is a journey for ALL of us. Discovering what we like, who we like, it can change over time, it might stay the same. Sometimes we do in fact go through phases... there might be a fleeting thought here and a fleeting thought/desire there... it might not lead to anything other than whatever feelings you felt. And all that is okay and valid.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I personally don't like the terminology "turned." It gives credence to the notion that they can be turned back again and that it isn't inherently a part of them. 

People come out later in life for a number of reasons. It could be that they were repressing their same-sex attractions. It could be that they never understood their same-sex attractions. Or they simply didn't meet someone of the same sex who made them feel that way until now. Either way, I don't see them as "turning." I see that they always had the potential for same-sex attraction within them, it just was a matter of time, place, and person.  

That being said if someone feels that they "turned" gay and uses it to describe their own narrative, that's their choice and prerogative. It's just not for me. Ultimately, the important thing is that everyone gets to control their personal narrative rather than have others define it for them. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I personally don't like the terminology "turned." It gives credence to the notion that they can be turned back again and that it isn't inherently a part of them. 

People come out later in life for a number of reasons. It could be that they were repressing their same-sex attractions. It could be that they never understood their same-sex attractions. Or they simply didn't meet someone of the same sex who made them feel that way until now. Either way, I don't see them as "turning." I see that they always had the potential for same-sex attraction within them, it just was a matter of time, place, and person.  

That being said if someone feels that they "turned" gay and uses it to describe their own narrative, that's their choice and prerogative. It's just not for me. Ultimately, the important thing is that everyone gets to control their personal narrative rather than have others define it for them. 

But this terminology is dangerous. It will give legitimacy to people who think sexuality is a choice. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

But this terminology is dangerous. It will give legitimacy to people who think sexuality is a choice. 

That is why I don't use it and most LGBTQIA people I know don't use it either. 

But if an LGBTQIA person genuinely feels "turned" describes their experience, I cannot force them to change how they feel about or describe their personal experience. I don't own their story. 

I also agree with RTH. "Turning" gay most likely means they had their gay side repressed all along, or it didn't come forward for some reason. But if someone feels otherwise, that's OK too.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

That is why I don't use it and most LGBTQIA people I know don't use it either. 

But if an LGBTQIA person genuinely feels "turned" describes their experience, I cannot force them to change how they feel about or describe their personal experience. I don't own their story. 

It's still not acceptable. Any LGBTQIA person who uses "turned" is either very poorly educated on the subject, or lack vocabulary. 

Using the term 'turned gay' is utter bullshit and fuels homophobia. That's it. No reason to encourage homophobia through your ignorance even if you're LGBT. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

there is this thing about super rich people - why do they become so adventurous with their sexuality related preferences after a point - it just feels so weird that most of them start swinging both ways??

When you have everything in your life, then you seek new avenues for thrill. Or love. πŸ˜†Quite an empty life if you have everything n are bored.