Hello Guys

MaryamAkbar thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I love historical shows and here I am going to post good and bad aspects of the show so far 

Good Aspects:-

1- Honest initiative to showcase life story of a great freedom fighter, Buxi Jagbandhu and culture and contribution of Odisha in freedom struggle 🙏

2-Actors, they are all doing good acting. Sharad, Sulagna, Danny etc. , all are doing really good job.👍

3-Show has some dramatic elements to keep the interest of trp aunties but not ott drama.

Bad Aspects:-

1-Historical timelines is messed up.

2- Scenes are rushed and fighting scenes have not shown paika martial arts techniques. Would have loved to see that onscreen.

3-Editing OMG is horrible. Editing department is horrible. It needs massive improvement.

4- Same old Caricature of British, they run in packs in their uniforms and guns but do nothing. They speak in twisted hindi even when they are talking to each other😂

5-Fletcher's obsession with Kalyani and his chindigiri of trying to marry her. OMG, the whole tracks looks absolutely ridiculous😂 He's just a major, how can he possibly try to forcibly marry daughter of a king without permission of his seniors. It is funny and looks really bizzare.

6- Where are other officers who conquered Khurda. Major fletcher wasn't the only architect of conquest of Khurda.

Edited by MaryamAkbar - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaryamAkbar thumbnail

Guys, a request, please take Buxi Ji's name with honour, don't call him just Buxi but buxi ji. The more I read about him, the respect has only grown in my heart. He was an amazing personality. He is not only pride of Odisha but whole India. He truly is pride of India.🙏

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaryamAkbar

I love historical shows and here I am going to post good and bad aspects of the show so far 

1- Honest initiative to showcase life story of a great freedom fighter, Buxi Jagbandhu and culture and contribution of Odisha in freedom struggle 🙏

2-Actors, they are all doing good acting. Sharad, Sulagna, Danny etc. , all are doing really good job.👍

3-Show has some dramatic elements to keep the interest of trp aunties but not ott drama.

2- Scenes are rushed and fighting scenes have not shown paika martial arts techniques. Would have loved to see that onscreen.

3-Editing OMG is horrible. Editing department is horrible. It needs massive improvement.

4- Same old Caricature of British, they run in packs in their uniforms and guns but do nothing. They speak in twisted hindi even when they are talking to each other😂

5-Fletcher's obsession with Kalyani and his chindigiri of trying to marry her. OMG, the whole tracks looks absolutely ridiculous😂 He's just a major, how can he possibly try to forcibly marry daughter of a king without permission of his seniors. It is funny and looks really bizzare.

6- Where are other officers who conquered Khurda. Major fletcher wasn't the only architect of conquest of Khurda.

I agree, sadly there are more negative qualities of the show than positive. I have grown to liking Danny.. in the recent episodes. He looks twisted in some scenes, and has improved his voice modulation. Earlier, I hated his scene with his superior.. that baldy, and his entry scene, he looked out of sorts playing a British officer. 

Again, what you have said regarding the fighting… you can make out that it’s enacted and looks fake. Especially the scenes where BJ fights the Eng guards and rescues the children.. 👎🏼 Of course, they can’t actually stab the extras, but  wish the editing department pulls up its socks. 

I wish the director gives clear instructions to the actors… that’s why casting the right actors for the right roles is so important. Fair skinned Indian actors have been hired to play Eng officers, so when they have to fake an eng accent, it actually sounds funny, coz they forget to do so somewhere in the middle and start with their Indian accent.. it happened in the beginning with Danny.. he tried to make it sound like Fletcher was speaking Hindi with an Eng accent, but is now in the recent episodes, speaking in the regular Indian accent itself. He just uses Eng words here and thereto justify his British character.. 

I think to lay the foundation for BJ to marry Kalyani, they have made Fletcher lust/obsess over her. Otherwise, there is no reason for a British officer to suddenly lust over an Indian princess. That was the Mughals speciality. 

I think also at this point, Fletcher will be the main antagonist, and not the other officers. Whoever comes, am sure Fletcher will be the go to man for the East India company. Maybe in the future, they may bring in others, but for now, looks like Fletcher is the big bad. 😆

MaryamAkbar thumbnail
Originally posted by: flutterby

I agree, sadly there are more negative qualities of the show than positive. I have grown to liking Danny.. in the recent episodes. He looks twisted in some scenes, and has improved his voice modulation. Earlier, I hated his scene with his superior.. that baldy, and his entry scene, he looked out of sorts playing a British officer. 

Again, what you have said regarding the fighting… you can make out that it’s enacted and looks fake. Especially the scenes where BJ fights the Eng guards and rescues the children.. 👎🏼 Of course, they can’t actually stab the extras, but  wish the editing department pulls up its socks. 

I wish the director gives clear instructions to the actors… that’s why casting the right actors for the right roles is so important. Fair skinned Indian actors have been hired to play Eng officers, so when they have to fake an eng accent, it actually sounds funny, coz they forget to do so somewhere in the middle and start with their Indian accent.. it happened in the beginning with Danny.. he tried to make it sound like Fletcher was speaking Hindi with an Eng accent, but is now in the recent episodes, speaking in the regular Indian accent itself. He just uses Eng words here and thereto justify his British character.. 

I think to lay the foundation for BJ to marry Kalyani, they have made Fletcher lust/obsess over her. Otherwise, there is no reason for a British officer to suddenly lust over an Indian princess. That was the Mughals speciality. 

I think also at this point, Fletcher will be the main antagonist, and not the other officers. Whoever comes, am sure Fletcher will be the go to man for the East India company. Maybe in the future, they may bring in others, but for now, looks like Fletcher is the big bad. 😆

They gave reason for his indian accent, Fletchy baby is half British half indian. Fletchy baby is the only reason I am watching the show because despite being a villain he has chemistry with sharad and Kalyani. I cannot ship fleni and it pains me but ok, it's historical show so won't complain at all. Yes you are right, Brits were not Mughals. I cannot say there weren't any affairs but they would never force a king to marry his daughter to him. Fletchy baby is adorable because of Danny's good acting. Buxiji is played by sharad who is a terrific actor so obviously we are all loving him.

Editing department is horrible and I really wished they would have taken a chemistry test before caring hemal with sharad. Wo usko behen zyada lag rahe hai, no chemistry. With sulagna too no chemistry but ek good emotional bond to hai atleast, Kaxi me kuch bhi nahi dikhta.

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

They gave reason for his indian accent, Fletchy baby is half British half indian. Fletchy baby is the only reason I am watching the show because despite being a villain he has chemistry with sharad and Kalyani. I cannot ship fleni and it pains me but ok, it's historical show so won't complain at all. Yes you are right, Brits were not Mughals. I cannot say there weren't any affairs but they would never force a king to marry his daughter to him. Fletchy baby is adorable because of Danny's good acting. Buxiji is played by sharad who is a terrific actor so obviously we are all loving him.

Editing department is horrible and I really wished they would have taken a chemistry test before caring hemal with sharad. Wo usko behen zyada lag rahe hai, no chemistry. With sulagna too no chemistry but ek good emotional bond to hai atleast, Kaxi me kuch bhi nahi dikhta.

I don’t watch for chemistry and stuff.. school mein bohot padhai kiya.. 😛 but you are right. Hemal and Ssharad don’t look great together at the moment. Hopefully they may change after their characters get married. Is Kalyani a fictional character? I haven’t heard of her in history, nor is she mentioned in any articles, like BJ is. Or is she from another era… that’s why you have mentioned that they have messed up the historical timelines? 

MaryamAkbar thumbnail
Originally posted by: flutterby

I don’t watch for chemistry and stuff.. school mein bohot padhai kiya.. 😛 but you are right. Hemal and Ssharad don’t look great together at the moment. Hopefully they may change after their characters get married. Is Kalyani a fictional character? I haven’t heard of her in history, nor is she mentioned in any articles, like BJ is. Or is she from another era… that’s why you have mentioned that they have messed up the historical timelines? 

Kalyani is fictional but character is not , Buxi Ji had a wife who was princess of badamba. He had a minor son. Brits captured his two wives and minor sons and requested him to surrender if he wanted them to be released. But Buxi Ji was fed up of treacherous nature of British and he didn't surrender. Brits didn't have guts to harm them and loose any opportunity of settlement with buxiji so they were released later.

Chemistry is not always romantic, it is something which makes audience root for characters. Right now even if radha or kalayani dies it won't affect us. We have still not gotten emotionally connected to Characters. So far only interesting characters are buxiji and Fletchy baby.

By historical timeline I meant, buxi ji and others look very young. Was buxi ji I'm his 20s when he rebelled or is it just Sharad's awesome physique🤩

Romantic chemistry means a tension which creates spark between two characters which I didn't see either in badha or Kaxi but in fleni, two characters whom makers didn't even try to make it look like that.😂🤣it's so funny.

Edited by MaryamAkbar - 2 years ago
Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Agree with all the points. The actors are doing a great job. But the point is the makers haven't been able to make us excited or feel anything for any of the characters. Maybe they are new that is why but I am not feeling anything. 

Neither BJ's desperation to fight against British or his angst or his anger or love for his country. Neither Kalyani looks so swift and cut throat to look like a warrior. Radha doesn't have much but to be but the supportive wife and well it looks okay. 

Lastly please don't go by the timelines and what happened in the past as that will always be messed up this is ITV. 

Also I dont understand the reasoning behind Fletcher being Indian. 

Edited by Tvfanatic85 - 2 years ago
flutterby thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

Agree with all the points. The actors are doing a great job. But the point is the makers haven't been able to make us excited or feel anything for any of the characters. Maybe they are new that is why but I am not feeling anything. 

Neither BJ's desperation to fight against British or his angst or his anger or love for his country. Neither Kalyani looks so swift and cut throat to look like a warrior. Radha doesn't have much but to be but the supportive wife and well it looks okay. 

Lastly please don't go by the timelines and what happened in the past as that will always be messed up this is ITV. 

Also I dont understand the reasoning behind Fletcher being Indian. 

I don’t know why they are showing Fletcher being half British half Indian, hopefully they reveal it in the future.. but what I feel is, since the East India Company is on its way to conquer and annex many parts of India, they need someone to understand what is important to the native people, and how this can be used and manipulated to exploit them. So Fletcher being half Indian will have more of an idea, than any Eng officer.. hence he is being used by the company as their representative in their interactions with Orissa’s kings/senapati of both Badamba and Khurda. 

If you watched that scene between Fletcher and his superior.. a baldy.. there, from what one can understand.. Fletcher tells his superior that he will read the Ramayan and Mahabharata to understand the Indian psyche and how to rule over the natives. 

lovereading14 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

At this point the acting is so bad (except for Sharad) that it is painful to watch... but since I really like the story I am watching.