Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shahid has had the most wide range of pairings onscreen

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Can you think of any other actor who has worked opposite ALL of the following actresses ??

Kareena  Kapoor
Priyanka Chopra
Vidya Balan
Rani Mukerji
Deepika Padukone
Tabu
Kangana Ranaut
Anushka Sharma
Alia Bhatt

Sonakshi Sinha
Shraddha Kapoor
Yami Gautam
Bipasha Basu
Sonam Kapoor
Genelia D'souza
Kiara Advani
Ileana D Cruz
Mrunal Thakur

Amrita Rao
Ayesha Takia
Rimi Sen
Soha Ali Khan
Tulip Joshi
Kim Sharma
Nargis Fakhri

Barring Katrina Kaif, he seems to have worked with all prominent actresses that have come and gone in past 2 decadessmiley22

I mean, none of his contemporaries have achieved this featsmiley36

What do you think?
What is it about him that producers/directors keep trying different pairings with him?๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is an interesting observation. Never realized that before.๐Ÿ˜ฒ That's quite impressive actually. Here's some of my thoughts...

He's got one of the most conventional faces in the industry. And actually does physically look good with most actresses (not bringing up chemistry, which is whole different thing)...just put his picture next to most actress's pictures and it kind of always works. Still can't believe he hasn't worked with Katrina yet, they would make a pretty couple.

He isn't expensive to cast and his movies don't have bloated budgets. Therefore producers pick him and he gets to work with a wider variety of people. He's also not uppity about the actresses with whom he works and seems to care less about that than others.

I also think that his filmography is kind of all over the place (not in a negative way), in that it doesn't follow any trend, strategy, or set path. He isn't bound by production houses and clicks - circling back to what I said above...he works with a wide variety of people.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

This is an interesting observation. Never realized that before.๐Ÿ˜ฒ That's quite impressive actually. Here's some of my thoughts...

He's got one of the most conventional faces in the industry. And actually does physically look good with most actresses (not bringing up chemistry, which is whole different thing)...just put his picture next to most actress's pictures and it kind of always works. Still can't believe he hasn't worked with Katrina yet, they would make a pretty couple.

He isn't expensive to cast and his movies don't have bloated budgets. Therefore producers pick him and he gets to work with a wider variety of people. He's also not uppity about the actresses with whom he works and seems to care less about that than others.

I also think that his filmography is kind of all over the place (not in a negative way), in that it doesn't follow any trend, strategy, or set path. He isn't bound by production houses and clicks - circling back to what I said above...he works with a wide variety of people.

I totally agree with you, especially the bold part.๐Ÿ‘ That certainly works in his favor

I'd like to add a few more points

-- He adapts well with changing times, by transforming his looks & style.
-- Despite commercial failures of several of his films, he is never written off by fans/critics unlike Ranbir or Hrithik.
-- He indeed looks good with every actress he works with.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Impressive list

I am sure Akshay would have a equally long list of co stars if not longer, based purely on the volume is movies he has done and a longer span of career

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sonam isn't a B-list lol especially if you choose to put Tabu in the A-list.

I don't even think Sonakshi and Shraddha should be put in the B-list either. 

Sonam got a big launch, has big endorsements and starred with A-list actors and A-list directors.

If Shraddha is B list then so is Kangana as they have similar career trajectory. Both began in the B-list and worked their way in the A-list thanks to their success.

Sonakshi began as an A-list. I can't say she's B list as she doesn't seem to work much now.

Edited by Maraka_Musso89 - 2 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Sonam isn't a B-list lol especially if you choose to put Tabu in the A-list.

Are you saying Sonam is better than Tabu ? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

How come Sonakshi and Shraddha are B listers and can be put in category of Bipasha, Yami, Mrunal Thakur ๐Ÿคฃ what a joke

diasingh2 thumbnail

What a gr8 diversion from topic. Lol

The topic isn't about who is an A lister or B lister.

No one is a certified A lister or B lister in the industry.

For me Sonam is a B lister because she was never taken seriously as an actress, barring her performance in Neerja.

She wouldn't even be a B lister, if she wasn't Anil  Kapoor's daughter.

Per some members on this forum, even Deepika or Rani aren't A listers. So it's a matter of perspective anyways.

I am gonna remove labels from my post, so people can relax a bit๐Ÿ˜†

diasingh2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Impressive list

I am sure Akshay would have a equally long list of co stars if not longer, based purely on the volume is movies he has done and a longer span of career

Yeah, Akshay would've an even bigger list considering the amount of film he does every year.๐Ÿ˜†

I am still amazed he hasn't worked with Rani.

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: diasingh2

What a gr8 diversion from topic. Lol

The topic isn't about who is an A lister or B lister.

No one is a certified A lister or B lister in the industry.

For me Sonam is a B lister because she was never taken seriously as an actress, barring her performance in Neerja.

She wouldn't even be a B lister, if she wasn't Anil  Kapoor's daughter.

Per some members on this forum, even Deepika or Rani aren't A listers. So it's a matter of perspective anyways.

I am gonna remove labels from my post, so people can relax a bit๐Ÿ˜†

If even Rani and Deepika aren't A-listers then I don't who is...