A Chance - Darshni FF (Cont.)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Because I would loathe to give up on something I began. And though I haven't been following the show I want to finish writing it. If not for Bhavi Di, then for myself. You can catch up here- www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5216751

Over the week, Nandini’s family settled in their new house. It was fascinating how at home she felt residing in the mass-built railway quarters. Across the country they weren’t as different, quite like the smell of camphor in the temples or beats of the Kathak. 

Folding the last piece of clothing, she placed the stack in her almirah to breathe in relief. Finally, her room didn’t resemble a godown with all the haphazardly placed cardboard boxes. She settled back on the bed to search for the dancing studio on whose board her eyes fell during the short journey to the temple. Although a nice neighbourhood, it didn’t have a temple with a huge verandah where she could use her ghungroos. 

Though, she was open to learning more about western dance forms advertised on their site. Nandini held deep interest in learning various dance forms, and mastering differently challenging postures, moves and positions. Nothing compared to losing her body in the music or holding an entire hall while performing. 

I will talk to maa-papa during dinner.

Except for how they should start looking into relationships for her, Nandini didn’t receive any remark contradicting her wish. Next day, she took a trip to the place and signed up to learn jazz.

The breaks applied abruptly, bewildering Darsh. They were supposed to be mid-way if he wasn’t confusing how much time it has been since they moved from the house. As he got out the driver returned to explain what or who was holding up traffic, someone had been in an accident a little way ahead and a girl was creating a ruckus stopping the passersby.

It’s rush hour and everyone’s in a hurry to reach the office. 

Concerned, Darsh moved towards the accident spot, the voice turning sharper with each step, “...Kya matlab!? (What do you mean!?) Your auto stopped suddenly out of nowhere which is why the accident happened, and you won’t even help us to the nearby hospital. I am not even asking you to pay for the damage to our bike.”

The driver huffed, “Madam, how is it my fault if your father couldn’t stop the vehicle on time? There was enough time for him to apply brakes.”

“Come on, start moving, she’s asking you to take her to the hospital only, do it. Why are you holding up traffic when everyone's in a hurry?”

“Brother, I have recently changed my covers, the blood will dirty them again,” his response forced the girl fighting to open her mouth indignantly, “Your covers are more precious than someone’s life?”

The held up office-workers were getting antsy, before the situation could escalate Darsh intervened, “I will bring you to the nearest hospital, my car is just over there.”

He called out to his driver walking towards, where he located the girl’s voice. 

The kind stranger’s driver helped Nandini as she helped her unconscious father up, the blood was now colouring his entire left cheek red. They helped make them to the backseat while the man who offered help sat beside the driver.  

She shouldn’t have agreed to let her father drop her, and today the first day he insisted on taking her to practice. Opening her phone, Nandini chided herself for getting into a fight instead of calling an ambulance. But he was in the wrong!

Barely restraining her sobs, she opened the contact book on her phone. A sudden hand in her line of vision surprised Nandini before she noticed the first-aid kit extended towards her. Mumbling a hoarse thank you, she accepted it to at least do a rough patching of the injury. Too much blood!

She sniffed at the sight.

“Don’t worry, he will be fine,” Nandini could only nod at the placating words. She firmly believed nothing wrong could happen. It didn’t mean she could control her worried emotions.

The car stopped before a small hospital after what appeared to be ages, but evidently were nothing more than twelve minutes according to her phone screen.

Once outside the hospital, her brain froze for a moment or so. Yet, the stranger instead of leaving them at the destination, remained by their side, instructing the driver to get a stretcher and she followed the lead.

Trying to gather her courage for whatever was to come next.

Hello, I will be continuing this on the wattpad because all my ITV fanfiction is already there. Also, this place poses the risk of my post being closed if I don't update it here regularly. I would like the freedom of updating at a pace of sloth and so, if you would like to know what happened to my Darsh and Nandini you can follow their story here- https://www.wattpad.com/story/292311995-a-chance-darshni-ff

Hi 

Sorry to bother you. We are participating in a game here on Bollywood forum.

We'd really appreciate it if you could help us out by posting a single comment.

“Bura mano ya na mano Holi hai ”. You’ve been colored by Team Jailor

Please comment “I’ve been colored by Team Jailor" on our team's thread 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5283624

Edited by Amekha - 2 years ago