Ziddi Dil Maane Naa

Aftershocks - A ZDMN -Two Shot- Updated

Eternized_Blues thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

This is officially a two-shot now as there is no way I can finish this in one part.

Chapter 1

“ Why did you do it Shergill? No food! Really!” Col. Batra asked Special Agent Karan Shergill. Sid was in the infirmary recovering and Mrs. Batra was livid with Karan. Dr. Momani Mahjan was also present in his office. Everyone was angry for their own reasons and emotions were high. The air in his office was crackling with tension.

“He lied sir,” Karan replied. “ He is not terminally ill. He is not engaged to Dr. Mahajan. He made my training and the rules of this academy a joke.”

“He just expressed his feelings. That is not a crime.” Monami countered.

“Everyone trusted him, sympathized with him, and gave into his silly demands thinking he was dying every minute. He used everyone’s emotions and played with their trust for his games,” Karan countered as he held his anger in check. “Do the feelings of those people have no value, Dr. Mahajan?” Karan asked looking straight into Monami’s eyes. “All he had to was realize his mistake and apologize and everything would have been over.”

“He loves Sanju Batra Mam,” Momani explained. “He just wanted Sanju to hear him out.”

“Her name is Special Agent Sanjana Dubey,” Karan corrected and then went on making his case, “And she did listen to him. She also explained to him why they are not a good match. She even asked him to eat and then leave the academy. He did not even respect Special Agent Sanja Dubey’s feelings, so please forgive me if I do not put a lot of stock in his claim of love,” Karan finished as he threw an accusatory glance at Monami.

“Sid feels that his love can conquer all the difference between their love. He wants Sanjana to give him a chance. That is why he did not leave.” Monami explained.

“So he decided to throw a tantrum like a little child until he got his way,” Karan scoffed and looked straight into Col. Batra’s eyes, “All he had to was realize his mistake and apologize and everything would have been over. But he is a spoiled brat who always wants his way.”

“He could have died Karan,” Mrs. Batra could not get the image of Sid lying on a hospital bed out of her mind. “If Monami would not have called her we would have never known what was happening behind our backs. Such a harsh punishment for a small little lie,” Mrs. Batra asked Karan. “Just because you were left in charge Karan that does not mean that you will take out your prejudices by risking other people’s life. It was a small lie Karan not the end of the world.” Mrs. Batra continued, “ Love is not rational Karan but since you have a stone instead of a heart I do not expect you to understand that.”  

Col. Batra saw all the anger leave Karan’s eyes at his wife’s words. His face had become devoid of all emotion, “Mrs. Batra...” Col. Batra began to stop his wife but Karan cut him off.

“I do not think I did anything wrong Batra Mam,” Karan said. The calm in his voice shocked the entire room. This was the man whose anger was overpowering the entire room a minute ago and now he was all ice. “Sid made a mistake and he was punished for it. He was also given a method to rectify his mistake by simply apologizing which he did not take. My job is to save civilians and harm them. I had already ordered Dilbagh Ji to give him food. You are right mam, I do not understand love but I do understand rules, structure, and honor. If this situation arose again, I will still do the same thing.” He then turned to Col. Batra and said, “I think I am no longer a fit for this academy sir. My ethics are now conflicting with the rules of this academy. I, Special Agent Karan Shergill hereby resign from all of my duties of this academy and Para 10 battalion of the Indian Army, effective immediately. It was an honor working with you sir.” Karan clicked his heels, saluted his senior, and left the office with three very shocked people behind him.

ONE WEEK LATER

“Sanju, did Karan get in touch with you today?” Faizi asked Sanju as they made their way to the mess hall for breakfast. All the recruits could hear their conversation but he did not care. Ever since Karan had left, Faizi was in charge of training. Gone was the sweet and understanding Special Agent Faizuddin Siddiqui that recruits knew. He was absolutely ruthless and unforgiving during training and after training, it was as if they did not exist for him.

“No Sir Ji, Now I am getting worried, ” Sanju replied as they turned to enter the mess hall. They saw Mrs. Batra sitting with Monami and Sid who had been discharged from the infirmary yesterday. There was Tupperware on the table which means Mrs. Batra had brought breakfast for them from home. They ignored the trio and moved on to their usual table at the front.

“This is not like Karan at all. He never goes this long without contacting one of us.” Faizi said. He was worried too. He had packed his bags along with Karan that day but Karan had stopped him and asked him to stay instead. Karan’s words still rang in his eyes, “Col.Batra’s medals are more important than me Faizi, stay here and make him proud.”

Dilbagh Ji brought the breakfast for them. When Faizi saw it was the same food that Mrs. Batra was serving Monami and Sid, he pushed his plate back, “I am not hungry at all.” Faizi said as he got up to leave.

“Me either,” Sanju said and started to follow Faizi when Sid stopped them. 

“The food is not to blame here and Batra Mam has made it with a lot of love. Don’t be disrespectful bro,” Sid said.

“So you do understand the difference between respect and disrespect,” Faizi asked with a sarcastic smile, “ because your actions so far have shown no respect for this academy and its rules.” Faizi went on and asked what had been bugging him since yesterday, “Why are you still here, by the way, you got discharged yesterday?”

“Another lie perhaps!” Sanjana continued. “Lies,  Afterall are acceptable as they do not do any physical harm. Who cares about the emotional harm done by those lies?” Sanjana gave a meaningful look to Monami.

Mrs.Batra put her hand on Faizi’s cheek to stop him, “I made yours and Sanjan’s favorite food.”

“There is Biryani on that plate and that is Karan’s favorite food.” Faizi pointed out. “ He is not here anymore Batra Mam. But I guess it does not matter as you have everyone you want here so damned be Karan.”

“Faizi your words are hurting Batra Mam,” Monami interrupted him. “And Sid is still here because he wants to prove to Sanju that his love is genuine for her.”

“How, by going on another hunger strike?” Sanjana said, “It’s Sidiqqui Sir for you Dr. Monami. And you are right Dr. Monami,  words do hurt, that is why they should be chosen very carefully.”

“Karan is paying for his own mistakes,” Monami defended. “He was no one to punish or judge Sid when he himself was two-timing with that Baby of his.”

“That is a name that I do not want to hear from you again Dr. Momani,” Col. Batra roared from the doorway. “There are things that are above your understanding. Half-truths are more dangerous than complete lies. Special Agent Shergill  is not here and that should be enough for you.” Col. Batra warned. He should have drawn these lines a long time ago then maybe he would not have lost his best agent, “Report to the training site in 20 mins.” Col. Batra ordered.

“Pushpinder Ji, breakfast is 30 mins,” Mrs. Batra intervened. “How will they finish breakfast in 20 mins?”

“This academy has lost its best trainer. The Para 10 Battalion has lost its best commando and this country has lost a soldier that would lay his life for her,” Col. Batra clarified, “these recruits can definitely afford to lose 10 mins of their breakfast time.”

TWO WEEKS LATER

It was six in the morning and the recruits have started jogging for their warm-up when a medical army jeep enters the academy. Faizi’s face lost all the color when he saw who was sitting in that jeep. He stood frozen to his spot as the two officers - man and woman,  from that Jeep made their way towards them.

Sanjana stopped mid instruction when she was who was coming their way from the Jeep. Before she could ask any questions the emergency hooter for the academy rang.

“He was with you right?”Faizi asked the female officer who was clearly an Army doctor. “Karan was with your team, right? That is why he did not contact us?”

“They will be bringing him in any moment. We need to get the infirmary ready for him,” informed Dr. Chriag Reddy, the other officer from the Jeep informed.

“What has happened to Karan Sir?” Sanjana asked calmly even though she was also frozen at the same spot.

“How bad is it?” Faizi asked as the hooter became louder.

“I don’t know Faizi,” Chirag said, “All they told me is that he took three bullets and he is losing blood fast.”

The cadets were shocked and Monami felt that her world had turned upside down. 

A/N:

I have not proofread it so please ignore the mistakes. I am a bit rusty as I have not written anything in a really long time.

Comments and Chappals are all welcome!!!

Edited by Eternized_Blues - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Ooh!! Very interesting!! 

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This was interesting!!! 

Do continue soon!! 

spatika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Interesting...

Continue soon

Mokshata8 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This is interesting... 

Continue soon❤

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Interesting preview

Waiting 😊😊

Sorry guys I will post sooner, it is turning out to be longer than I thought.

Chir-Cute thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: Eternized_Blues

Sorry guys I will post sooner, it is turning out to be longer than I thought.

I like longer reads 😆😆 Patiently waiting 😊

Updated part 1...hopefully will finish the rest of it this week.

Sana_Jannat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

👏👏

Loved the way Sanju-faizi & Mr.Batra took stand for Karan ..

What happened to him 😭?

waiting for Next part ...