How much drama for a bulb?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Who gathers all mohallawalas for a single bulb? Who accuses neighbours for such petty things? Why would two grown ups won’t check with any family members before making fools of themselves? 

I am tired of OTT filler scenes. 

Amrita seems to have the sole job of glaring at the kirayedaar. It feels creepy. 
Kabir-meera feel forced, lacklustre. 
Not a single character in this show is making sense except maybe the domestic help. 
Boring is the word 🙄

I am fed up of :

- ott dramas of elders

- meera & family

- meera & kabir

- mystery of ML

- amrita & pritam dynamics... (one of the lead should be friendly if other one is reserved)

I loved:

- kabir  & dolly

- kabir pranking family - fun with family

I wish they focus more on:

- amrita-angad-kabir trio taking family responsibilities collectively... together

- amrita (minus past flashbacks)

- pritam (minus mystery, less of criminal stuff - must add some humor with kabir around with his pranks and eventually bonding with)

- kabir (minus meera)

- how pritam comes close to family and guide .... kabir - angad as big bro

I also thought the halla over the lightbulb was very forced & out of character. No sane adult wld blame a neighbour over a missing lightbulb - some may blame their househelp or tenant but definitely not neighbours.

I think the writers are clueless how to create moments between the leads, and are resorting to nonsense.

And Amrita cld have easily defused the situation saying Kirayadar’s bulb went out & shops were closed so I let him take this - nothing embarassing in that. She did not call out their ott behaviour later also. I am disappointed in Amrita’s characterisation - just because they are a loving family to her she is silent over any wrongdoing by them. 

Edited by Bana - 2 years ago

I never liked nimmo and her drama. She’s so extra on everything. 

Pritam and PriAm are my main reason for watching the show. Rest of the epis I usually skim through. 

Instead of giving the seniors so much footage they could give those to the younger ones and show them bonding with Pritam( today’s epi sorta initiated that)

And I agree, Amrita needs to have sth else to do other than just spying on Pritam. 

The show is in need of trp so guess they’re giving more drama to attract the trp audience?

Sharifo ka mohalla being scammed.. stealing bulbs 🤣 very sharif indeed🤣

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

Sharifo ka mohalla being scammed.. stealing bulbs 🤣 very sharif indeed🤣

Indeed. The neighbours are all weird. One lady openly flirts with Pritam, others are quick to criticise, taunt and find faults. None of them seems least bothered that the son of the house has died recently. 

Makers used covid to create the initial background, but now it feels all just an excuse to show Amrita a pining widow. They could just as well have shown Karan dying in an accident, it probably would have served the same purpose.

for most needed lightness / humor they may add kabir banters/pranks (no meera please) with pritam, amrita and family

but not that elders humor!

Originally posted by Bana

I also thought the halla over the lightbulb was very forced & out of character. No sane adult wld blame a neighbour over a missing lightbulb - some may blame their househelp or tenant but definitely not neighbours.

I think the writers are clueless how to create moments between the leads, and are resorting to nonsense.

And Amrita cld have easily defused the situation saying Kirayadar’s bulb went out & shops were closed so I let him take this - nothing embarassing in that. She did not call out their ott behaviour later also. I am disappointed in Amrita’s characterisation - just because they are a loving family to her she is silent over any wrongdoing by them. 

@bg True that, Amrita could have easily diffused the situation but she did not, furthermore instead of calling out the ott of her in-laws, she was frowning at Pritam as if he was the wrongdoer. This type of attitude is very common in ITV FLs where they will be all for family, all for family while behave very rude and arrogant to the others.

@bv - This was one of the places where I was very annoyed with Amrita's character. The first place where Amrita's characterization pricked me was the incident about that "ring light". I mean she could have easily told beeji that she denied Pritam to buy it for her for their self-respect and will buy the ring light later once they save more money. What was even the need to accuse Pritam as a liar? Amrita was too much when she lied to beeji about Pritam denying to buy the ring-light and after that when Pritam confronted her for that which was justified, Amrita behaved very arrogantly. I mean it was her mistake to lie to her beeji accusing Pritam and he can't even ask her about accusing him or what?

- Same in the incident of breaking her husband’s photo frame. First of all, it was the Sakhuja’s fault that the room they have given for rent is all damaged. Pritam was just trying to repair the damages. He never purposefully went inside Amrita’s room and broke the photo frame yet the way she was shouting at him was as if he did it on purpose. It is the landlord who is supposed to be responsible for giving a proper room with good electrical, carpentry work and water supply but here everyday Pritam was getting some or other problems because of all the damages in the Sakhuja’s rented room and he was just trying to repair that damage work. I can understand that Amrita got emotional and irritated that her late husband’s photo frame broke but she should also have understood that it was all because the room they have given for rent is all damaged. Even if Amrita reacted emotionally at that time and shouted at Pritam which is understandable she should have apologized for that to Pritam later but she never did that while Pritam wholeheartedly apologized and even made amends for his mistake which happened solely by an accident Seriously, I really hated that part. I found that the Sakhujas and Amrita were more guilty than Pritam but none other than Dadaji said a sorry to him while he wholeheartedly apologized to Amrita.

- These were the first instances where I started disliking Amrita's character and after that the manner in which Amrita shouted at Pritam when he disagreed to decorate the house and accusing him for spoiling her happiness during the babyshower just added on my dislike towards Amrita more.