Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Could Preity Zinta have pulled off the role of Geet in Jab We Met?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Preity was the original choice for Kareena's role in Jab We Met but she was forced to pull out of the movie. Geet has become Kareena's most iconic role (after Poo in K3G) and probably her best performance but could a stronger actress have done a better job or made the role just as memorable?

I wish Preity had done the role because her career needed a major hit like that. It gave Kareena another decade of longevity whereas this was the decline of Preity (and Rani's) run as box office queen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes preity would have acted more better for sure and she has already has a cuteness factor so she was more suited.

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

Yes, she would be perfect for the role.

filmfanatic45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nah.

Just like I'm relieved Kareena turned down KHNH, which Preity nailed, I'm glad Preity didn't end up doing JWM. Worked out fine for both. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

probably....but I can't imagine anyone else doing an amazing job like Kareena in JWM as Geet or as the nasty Poo in K3G.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Preity had this bubbly cute personality she would’ve been great. I didn’t know this, why she was forced to drop from movie? I know she looked horrible after Botox

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Terenaina

Preity had this bubbly cute personality she would’ve been great. I didn’t know this, why she was forced to drop from movie? I know she looked horrible after Botox

This is the reason why she had to turn it down. Bobby Deol was also the original choice for Aditya but they replaced him with Shahid for no apparent reason after casting Kareena.

Bobby said that he’d watched and enjoyed Imtiaz’s Socha Na Tha, and was trying to work with him on his next, which was then titled Geet, after the character eventually played by Kareena. “There was a studio called Shri Ashtavinayak who wanted to sign me. I told them that let’s sign Imtiaz. He has a script ready. And let’s talk to Kareena Kapoor. The producers were like, oh no, that guy will make an expensive film. Kareena, on the other hand, didn’t even want to meet Imtiaz. I took them to Preity Zinta. She agreed but said she can do it only after 6 months. So we were stuck,” Bobby said.

DushtKanya thumbnail

I don't know if she'd have been better but she'd have been different. The personal touch that Kareena brought to Geet is so iconic and etched in minds that just imagining anyone else in that role is pretty hard tbh. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kareena should thank Shahid for this movie. Because I read somewhere kareena didn't want to do this film and it was shahid who convinced her to take this role. Shahid was perfect for this movie and kareena was good 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yes, Priety would have done a good job, she would add her bubbliness to the role. Comic scenes would have improved more.

Kareena did a good job though