Is Shershaah going to be just another damn fluke like Neerja was? - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by Thatgirl16

Don't everyone pay and subscribe to Prime?

paying for a single movie vs whole platform is different. 

Originally posted by MDNA

Sid and Sonam's pathetic acting skills didn’t help both movies. What do you think?smiley2

Sonam agree, in fact Neerja became a hit despite her trying her best to spoil it. 

But Sid, he literally got us feel and experience the charm of Captain Vikram Batra. His sincerity, hard work and earnestness shone through. So definitely full marks to him for that.

Now if this going to be a flash in the pan or some kind of fluke, we just have to wait and watch I guess!

Sid acting being praised by everyone, he did a great job and Shershaah breaked many records 😑 haters gonna hate 🤜

Hope it's not a fluke. We need one eye candy hero in Bollywood in that gen who can also give a watchable performance. Although I did like ARK in Ludo.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago

I hope it’s not a fluke too. He is a sweet man. Deserves the second chance he got. He was amazing in Shershaah. Sonam was great too in Neerja but her choices after it were all bad. Hoping this won’t happen to Sid. 

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Hope it's not a fluke. We need one eye candy hero in Bollywood in that gen who can also give a watchable performance. Although I did like ARK in Ludo.

Both are mannequins 😳

Sid has worked really hard for Shershah and it can be seen throughout the movie. But the noise it is making is only because it is a real story! A story of sacrifice, leadership and patriotism shown by Captain Vikram Batra. 

Sonam I don't think worked very hard for this but her acting was better than previous. This also was a huge success because of the real story it portrayed. 

Originally posted by MDNA

Both are mannequins 😳

🤣

Sidharth was good in shershaah 

you cannot say it's a fluke without seeing his next projects 

Sonam is awful in her films 

Posted: 1 years ago

As folks know, I like Sonam Kapoor. I like her filmography and the type of movies she likes to do. But yeah, her talent is limited. She does need the right script and director to extract a memorable performance. Neerja was a culmination of everything to make a good film. 

Siddharth Malhotra is kind of the opposite. I don't think his talent is limited. He's both good-looking and talented. Even though he has a long string of flops his performance in those flops has been good in my opinion. His problem is just a bad film selection. 

Sidebar: I actually quite liked Aisha, Dolly Ki Doli, Khoobsurat, and Veere Di Wedding. Sonam was good in those and was catalytic in making those films. I'm glad she's pursued projects like that. I often wonder if its just Sonam or the genre as a whole that doesn't connect with audiences.