Imlie

Rupi- Imlie SS : The Unveiling (Ch 1 - Pg 1 - Updated 5th September)

Ps143 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Teaser:

"It's not needed Rupi Didi. I've left the past behind. I-I'm happy now" 

"I'm not saying you haven't Imlie. But this is required! You've become immune due to all the pain you've  borne all along but that doesn't mean those scars aren't there. That doesn't mean those wounds aren't there. The pain you push in each night, which you don't voice out, let out because you feel they don't need to be voiced out, in reality has to be let out! You feel they'll heal with time don't you? Even I had felt the same. I had pushed in everything within me and after sometime, it felt like I had succeeded in overcoming all of it. It was only during that Valentine's Day that I realised how my wounds had never healed. They had just deepened over time! Had you not stopped me from giving up on life that day, I wouldn't have realised just to what extent whatever had happened with me had affected me. After that day, I sought for this and now am much better. I owe you my life Imlie. In return, if I can do something for you, whom I have considered my sister from heart, it'd be........(wipes tears) Nobody can understand how important this is for the better than me and trust me Imlie, you won't regret it. You've carried it within all your life. Just let it go now! Bahut seh liya. Aaj chod do iss dard ka daaman!" Rupali said emotionally. 

Tears flowed down her eyes even as she hugged Rupali. Rupi caressed her hairs affectionately. This had been on her mind since that night and after a long thought and connecting all the dots, she had realised this had to be done. Imlie wasn't her sister for namesake. Rupi genuinely loved Imlie and she had resolved she'd help heal her little sister. Her little butterfly had withstood every damn storm and challenge, every pain, every hurt, every insult thrown her way but she had also masked her hurt, covered her scars, those which should have been healed. Which is why Rupi had decided she'd heal her little butterfly, her little sister!  

Hello all,

So the title and whether this one's an OS is all tentative because I haven't written it yet. I'm updating the teaser now. Shall update the story after sometime because am held up this weekend. Wanted to publish this once I was done with the story but couldn't wait till then. Do share your views.

Love,

PSR 

I N D E X :

Part 01: Nightmares: The Beginning - Pg 1

Edited by Ps143 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raaz19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This is a beautiful soulful opener for what seems to be an intense read. Focusing on the lose of a relationship and the growth of another. The impacts of this can always be hard to deal with and how one heals form them shows there strength and resolve of the courage they hold within. 

rupi support has always been to show imlie that she is or alone and maybe she can be her guide to claim what is hers all along. Her strength is like a balm of what imie may wish to hear and learn form and I wonder how this bond will work through the pain they both are feeling. 

I love the connect and cannot wait to see how she will heal imlie as she has helped her all those moons ago. 

Lovely start 😊

Apsvenky thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ps143

Teaser:

"It's not needed Rupi Didi. I've left the past behind. I-I'm happy now" 

"I'm not saying you haven't Imlie. But this is required! You've become immune due to all the pain you've  borne all along but that doesn't mean those scars aren't there. That doesn't mean those wounds aren't there. The pain you push in each night, which you don't voice out, let out because you feel they don't need to be voiced out, in reality has to be let out! You feel they'll heal with time don't you? Even I had felt the same. I had pushed in everything within me and after sometime, it felt like I had succeeded in overcoming all of it. It was only during that Valentine's Day that I realised how my wounds had never healed. They had just deepened over time! Had you not stopped me from giving up on life that day, I wouldn't have realised just to what extent whatever had happened with me had affected me. After that day, I sought for this and now am much better. I owe you my life Imlie. In return, if I can do something for you, whom I have considered my sister from heart, it'd be........(wipes tears) Nobody can understand how important this is for the better than me and trust me Imlie, you won't regret it. You've carried it within all your life. Just let it go now! Bahut seh liya. Aaj chod do iss dard ka daaman!" Rupali said emotionally. 

Tears flowed down her eyes even as she hugged Rupali. Rupi caressed her hairs affectionately. This had been on her mind since that night and after a long thought and connecting all the dots, she had realised this had to be done. Imlie wasn't her sister for namesake. Rupi genuinely loved Imlie and she had resolved she'd help heal her little sister. Her little butterfly had withstood every damn storm and challenge, every pain, every hurt, every insult thrown her way but she had also masked her hurt, covered her scars, those which should have been healed. Which is why Rupi had decided she'd heal her little butterfly, her little sister!  

Hello all,

So the title and whether this one's an OS is all tentative because I haven't written it yet. I'm updating the teaser now. Shall update the story after sometime because am held up this weekend. Wanted to publish this once I was done with the story but couldn't wait till then. Do share your views.

Love,

PSR

Aww PS, this is really beautiful. Cannot wait to read it. The entire premise seems to be extremely emotional, and I am glad you chose to depict the intertwined journeys of Rupi & Imlie. Cannot wait to read it.

Ps143 thumbnail
Originally posted by: raaz19

This is a beautiful soulful opener for what seems to be an intense read. Focusing on the lose of a relationship and the growth of another. The impacts of this can always be hard to deal with and how one heals form them shows there strength and resolve of the courage they hold within. 

rupi support has always been to show imlie that she is or alone and maybe she can be her guide to claim what is hers all along. Her strength is like a balm of what imie may wish to hear and learn form and I wonder how this bond will work through the pain they both are feeling. 

I love the connect and cannot wait to see how she will heal imlie as she has helped her all those moons ago. 

Lovely start 😊

Thank you ❤️

Yes Rupi has always been the pillar of support and somewhere she understands Imlie a lot more due to what she herself has been through. This is why I have chosen her for this concept. Although many would prefer the male lead to be the balm to her pain, here I'm choosing the sister figure. 

Edited by Ps143 - 2 years ago
Ps143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Apsvenky

Aww PS, this is really beautiful. Cannot wait to read it. The entire premise seems to be extremely emotional, and I am glad you chose to depict the intertwined journeys of Rupi & Imlie. Cannot wait to read it.

Thank you ❤️

Ps143 thumbnail

Part 01: Nightmares: The Beginning 

She woke up with a start, her hands automatically reaching her mouth to muffle the slight sound that escaped her lips. She was sweating profusely and her heartbeats had significantly elevated. Her eyes were wide and her whole body felt shaky. Imlie slowly pulled her hands away and turned to pick up the glass of water but the person she saw instead made her eyes widen again. 

"Ru-Rupi Didi? Aap? At this time? W-what happened?" Imlie asked hoping against hope she won't question her about what she saw. Rupi sighed and crouched near her. Kissing her head, she caressed her hairs affectionately. 

"Since when?" she asked and Imlie gulped.

"It's nothing Didi. It happens sometimes. Let's just forget it" Imlie uttered looking everywhere but at her. 

"Imlie look at me" Rupi placed her hand beneath her chin and made her look at her when she dint turn. 

"Don't lie to me Imlie! Just tell me since when. I don't want to hear anything else" she said.

Imlie sighed deeply and almost whispered her answer 

"Since the time Babusaheb got married to Didi" 

Rupi's eyes widened and she immediately embraced her. Imlie hugged her back, the warmth of the embrace soothing her. 

"What did you see in it? Have you been seeing the same thing each time?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"No. Initially it was about our forced marriage and the devastation caused by it coming out which was shown in my nightmare. Later it turned to vague things like am struck between something and am frantically calling out for Babusaheb. Recently, I see myself losing Babusaheb to Didi" her volume lowered as she uttered the last few words. Rupi sighed.

"Come with me" she said 

"Where to Rupi Didi?"

"You'll sleep in my room next to me"

"It's not needed Rupi Didi. I'm alright. I'll go back to sleep now. Don't worry"

"Chup Imlie! I'm not asking you, I'm telling you! Come with me" Rupi said sternly.

"Okay Rupi Didi" Imlie nodded and the two moved to Rupi's room, unaware that one more person had overheard their conversation. 

20 mins later 

Imlie was fast asleep on the bed but Rupi was wide awake. Each time her eyes fell on Imlie, she felt her eyes cloud with tears. This girl is merely 19 and she has gone through so much! How had she not broken yet? Rupali remembered how she had broken down to bits when she had wailed her heart out locked in her room, hours after confronting her husband who had cheated on her. She had picked herself after and had become bitter in the process of remaining strong. It was Imlie who made her better. Rupali had thought she had finally braved what she had been put through but alas, just how wrong she had been! On that Valentine's Day, all those memories had come back to haunt her along with his betrayal which had broken her once again and all the more. She had looked around and found love blossomed everywhere. Everywhere except in her barren life, except in her broken, battered heart. It was at that point that all her hurt and pain had overpowered her will to live and she had gone ahead to try and end it! Had it not been for Imlie who by saving her put enough sense into her, her child would have been left all alone. Imlie had been there when no one had even recognised she was in pain. And now, she'll be for Imlie. 

Meanwhile

She sat on her bed and replayed whatever she had heard. With that all that she had uttered to Imlie came echoing back in her head. An overwhelming ache took over her and she decided for once to look beyond the blindfolds drawn over her eyes. With this resolve, she decided to keep an eye on them. She wanted to hear the entire truth. Till then, she'd keep all her bitterness to herself she decided. 

Hey all,

So have decided to make it an SS. This shall have short chapters like this one. Next part shall have more of Rupi's reflection. I think this shall come upto 5-6 parts. Do share your views.

Love,

PSR

Flora_Fauna thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
really lovely read looking forward to it. all the very best ahead
Ps143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flora_Fauna

really lovely read looking forward to it. all the very best ahead

Thank you ❤️