Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman wanted Shershaah to be Aayush's debut film?

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Imagine what could have been and what we missed out on 😕

While speaking to Mid-Day, Shabbir said that Salman wanted to produce Shershaah with Aayush playing the titular role in it, however, it was too late by that time because he had already talked to Batra’s family about Sidharth playing the role. Shabbir said, “Salman approached me at a stage when I was in talks with Junglee Pictures. He wanted Shershaah to be Aayush’s debut film and wanted to partner with me on it. It would have been highly unethical to drop him (Sidharth) for another actor.”

He explained how Sidharth had already come into the picture and it didn’t seem right to replace him and break the family’s trust. Shabbir said, “When Captain Batra’s family gave me the rights, it was a big moment for me. They showed immense trust in me, and I didn’t want to go wrong at any step. I explained (my predicament) to Salman, who was understanding. Aayush was sweet and sportingly said that playing a double role in his debut movie might be (a tall order).”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I am so glad he stuck to Sid and didn’t get swayed by anyone else. I hope Shabbir cherishes his decision even more now. Honesty and good business ethics will always be rewarded in the end. 

Cannot imagine anyone else as the Captain Vikram Batra now. I know Abhishek Bachchan already played this role but Sid managed to make it his own.

MaxMayfield thumbnail

OMG imagine the horror of watching Ayush as PVC Vikram Batra! THANK heavens it dint materialize!🤢

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

OMG imagine the horror of watching Ayush as PVC Vikram Batra! THANK heavens it dint materialize!🤢

Yes! That and imagine Salman's involvement with anything! Weird songs, extremely cringeworthy dialogue. And if it was going to be Aayush's debut then they definitely would've tried to do extra things to give him a hero's debut. 

I think it is so nice that Sid bonded with the family in such a way that they didn't want anyone else but him. So often biopics piss the real families off because of how things are handled. I am glad the family was around for this. 

As for Salman and Aayush, kudos to them for pushing it further. I just feel uncomfortable with any Salman and Sid interaction because when Sid was new Salman had suggested he should be a tv actor instead of doing movies or something like that. 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If Salman had a hand in Shershaah he would've put Nora's item song from Bhuj in it

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Can't even imagine war heroes singing songs like 'Selfish hoke apne liye jiyo na'...

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thank God for small mercies 😆