Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Ra.One was a boxoffice Hit 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I think it has more to do with how many iconic characters have you played in your career. The love for those characters will live on even if your prime is over. 

For example, despite their flops: 

Aishwarya has done the role of Paro and Jodhaa which stayed in people's heart. 

Kareena has done Poo and Geet which is iconic even to this day. Some of the younger actresses still quote her lines to death and pretend they're being her.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

She had few hits but quite a few memorable performances. Talaash, Chameli, Jab We Met, Dev, Good Newwz---she was great in all of them. 

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

who has more hits than her? According to BOI she is among 5 greatest female stars ever.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't think people realize how few hits everyone has, not just Kareena. Everyone has a pathetic success ratio with more flops than hits including most of the male stars. Look at the filmography of someone like Akshay Kumar - he has like 50 or 60 flops if I'm not mistaken. 

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Someone who has "Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon", "Mujhse Dosti Karoge", "Khushi", "Yaadein" in their filmography is no less than a legend!

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MDNA

Kareena Kapoor is overrated.  Her filmography is disastrous and these are her hits below.  Some might argue with me but I am up for the challenge:

Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

Aitraaz

Hulchul

Jab We Met

Golmaal Returns

3 Idiots

Golmaal 3

Bodyguard

Singham Returns

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Veere Di Wedding

Good Newwz

This is a pathetic career.  Most of the films listed are not hits because of her. 

What do you think? ðŸ¤¡

I think that "hits" don't matter as much.

It's all about the IMPACT you have.

Kareena Kapoor has not only been relevant but she's been consistently in the Top 10 of Actresses for 20 years. Not many have that.

Again, NOBODY cares about "HITS" - nobody, apart from trolls.

Do you ever see a list of Sridevi's 50 biggest flops? Or Madhubala's? Or Nutan's? NOPE.

A legend is a legend is a legend.

Give the woman her flowers and save the trollification for another day.

Kareena Kapoor Rose Petals GIF - Kareena Kapoor Rose Petals Kareena Kapoor  Khan - Discover & Share GIFs

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

She definitely survived this cut throat industry because of her family and connections. 

She is like that student in college who piggyback on toppers to pass the courses with flying colors.

She was iconic in Jab we met for sure.

Poo was iconic is completely a PR manipulation. It was horrible and meme worthy.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

She's a PR made star but then most of the actresses are.

I agree most actresses are not box office mega stars 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: TMKOC_MY

She definitely survived this cut throat industry because of her family and connections. 

She is like that student in college who piggyback on toppers to pass the courses with flying colors.

She was iconic in Jab we met for sure.

Poo was iconic is completely a PR manipulation. It was horrible and meme worthy.

I'm just curious. I definitely agree connections help with debut and even the first 1-2 years. But 20 years because of family? All her "connections" are made on her own. The Khans, whom she worked with the most are hardly her family. The Kapoor family didn't produce a single film for her. Yet Hrithik is celebrated as a superstar without nepotism and his father not only launched him but produced some of his biggest hits.