Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Should Aishwariya have filed a police complaint against Salman?

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

The times were different back then, how would it have impacted everyone.. fans, citizens of India and Bollywood in general. 

I don't think she would have ended up like Vivek though. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Why are there so many Aishwarya posts? ðŸ˜•

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheMinion

Why are there so many Aishwarya posts? ðŸ˜•

That post lead to this. I think this is what should be topic of discussion. 

What Aish faced was harassment. Though Salman is the main culprit. But can we also blame Aish for not taking  a stand? Will you stand up for someone who doesn't take a stand for themselves and chooses to remain quiet.. I. think its a complicated question and situation. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Aishwarya's father actually did file a police complaint and got a restraining order against Salman. The cops warned Salman not to enter the vicinity of her house. So he landed up on her sets and continued his harassment there.

And before she could do anything about it, she was fired from the film by SRK.

Through all this, Ash realized how powerless she actually is. And on top of that, people she trusted and considered true friends (like SRK and Rani) backstabbed her. It must have been a truly devastating time for her.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Aishwarya's father actually did file a police complaint and got a restraining order against Salman. The cops warned Salman not to enter the vicinity of her house. So he landed up on her sets and continued his harassment there.

And before she could do anything about it, she was fired from the film by SRK.

Through all this, Ash realized how powerless she actually is. And on top of that, people she trusted and considered true friends (like SRK and Rani) backstabbed her. It must have been a truly devastating time for her.

But there is no such thing as a " restraining order" in India.. from what I know the complaint was that the had misbehaved with them..  they were still dating at the time as per news reports. 

Aish filing a case against Salman for harassment and abuse is a different thing altogether or seeking help from Women's commission.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I heard she did and they responded in song form

Jhoothi Wafaon Ki Jhoothi Kahani

Hai Tune Sunayi Mujhe

Mere Liye Toh Khuda Bhi Tha Jhootha

Main Sach Maan Baitha Tujhe ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

But there is no such thing as a " restraining order" in India.. from what I know the complaint was that the had misbehaved with them..  they were still dating at the time as per news reports. 

Aish filing a case against Salman for harassment and abuse is a different thing altogether or seeking help from Women's commission.

I don't know about the law, but Salman was warned by the police and additional security cover was provided to Aishwarya.

They had already broken up by then (they broke-up in March 2001)

She also made this public. I don't know what else she could do. She did everything in her power.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/salman-harassing-me-says-aishwarya/articleshow/23402266.cms

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

India is a country where apparently there is never any resolution to cases/events/issues, in particular law and celebrities' stories, people just seem to love going on and on about the same things for eons, even if the facts are sketchy/unconfirmed rumors or even true facts that the accused paid time in jail for.  Stuff just never goes away, and every so often more rumors are added, creating an ongoing never ending soap opera.  I mean when things happen there's a big to do, people talk about it, there is he said, she said etc... then the people involved moved on but the public does not, and forever talk  about it and even adding stuff than never happened, it seems some current cases are bound for the same destiny too. So that is why I say the land without any resolution to issues, just fodder for talking and that is it..like so many other things that have happened and they are open ended for ever...What has happened to the SSR case? or the Pearl Puri or...or...or.. nothing, rumors and opinions... in 20 more years people are still going to be arguing about it...and calling SK a stalker, I used to think it was better, faster to just get convicted and serve time and get it over with...but then found out that does not work in India either, even if you do go to jail and re-pay society, people still harp on about the transgression, like it happened yesterday and add on rumors that did not even happen or no one remembers it was so long ago......so catch 22. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I don't know about the law, but Salman was warned by the police and additional security cover was provided to Aishwarya.

They had already broken up by then (they broke-up in March 2001)

She also made this public. I don't know what else she could do. She did everything in her power.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/salman-harassing-me-says-aishwarya/articleshow/23402266.cms

If it were today, this would have landed him in jail. The laws regarding harassment of women are recent. He would have got 3 years in jail. He should have been arrested. ðŸ˜¡

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Aish let it go because she wanted to Move on and focus on her career and not legal battle. 

Edited by naaznin - 2 years ago