Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Floofy_Wolf

Lol do they really show Sanjay Dutt just turning up at RAW and telling them he wants to be hired, and they hire him? What the heck! 

No, he doesn't😎. He visits the R&AW HQ or base or whatever it is called after he is hired by R&AW. I think some of the reviewers think makers are as stupid as they are😛.

Where did you get that information ?

Edited by BhetuPunha - 2 years ago
BhetuPunha thumbnail

In 1971 war between India and Pakistan while Indian Army is busy on the Eastern Front👍🏼, General Yahya Khan of Pakistan army decides to attack India's Western front😡. His plan is to capture Kutch, forcing the then Indian PM Indira Gandhi to negotiations 😵 and then asking India to give up on East Pakistan(Bangladesh) and it's people in return for Kutch region🤔.

Their first target is Bhuj Airbase😵. Pakistan airforce destroys the Bhuj airstrip and the base killing 40 Indian Jawans😵. Squadron Leader Vijay Karnik is in charge of Bhuj airbase.

The approaching Pakistan army of about 1800 armymen and 100 tanks 😲 has only a force of 120 Indian Jawans and R&AW personnel Ranchoddas Pagi between them and Bhuj😲.

This is the story of how Squadron Leader Vijay Karnik achieves the almost impossible task of getting the airstrip ready in a very short amount of time with the help of civilians👍🏼 which might result in him being court martialled. It is also the story of valour of 100 odd Indian Jawans who beat back almost 2000 Pakistani solders and their 100 tanks👍🏼.

What a wonderful film⭐️⭐️⭐️.

I liked it from start to end. Writing of the film is good👍🏼. Film follows a non-linear sequence and goes back and forth while depicting various events. Dialogues are excellent. The tea scene in the end is funny yet savage😆. 

Special effects are fire✅. The aerial dogfights are awesome👍🏼. Whoever created these VFX slayed it⭐.

Camerwork is again HQ. Some of the aerial shots are very good⭐️.

All the actors have given a great performance. Ajay Devgan as Vijay Karnik is amazing. When he delivers those 6-8 lines infront of the ordinary women of Bhuj you just listen, this is what acting is made of and those are very well written lines👍🏼

Sharad Kelkar as Colonel Ram Karan Nair is good. His death scene is quite poignant😒.

Sanjay Dutt's Ranchoddas looks harmless but is very dangerous, that is good acting. His last attack in the ditch is .... great👍🏼. 

The Punjab superstar Ammy Virk as Vikram Singh Baz is stoic mostly because he has lost his wife recently and he has left his little girl behind to go to war😵.

Pawan Shankar(Sddhanth from Star One) as cunning Omani is spot on👏.

But the surprise package is Nora Fatehi. She has shown that she is as good an actor as she is a dancer⭐️. 

And the climax is quite gripping as well. Vijay Karnik and Vikram Singh Baz show you how to land a cargo plane with only 2 wheels on a compromised air strip .

A very good film, not a GOAT but neither is it basic⭐️.

3.8 / 5

Edited by BhetuPunha - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Is it a streaming hit ? 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BhetuPunha

Special effects are fire✅. The aerial dogfights are awesome👍🏼. Whoever created these VFX slayed it⭐.

Had to stop reading after this statement. VFX was one of the worst. Makes Tanhani's VFX look like avatar, and that itself was a crapfest 

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Had to stop reading after this statement. VFX was one of the worst. Makes Tanhani's VFX look like avatar, and that itself was a crapfest 

I am no expert on special effects but I live for special effects  and special effects in Bhuj were as seamless and HQ like those in Jungle Cruise👍🏼, which too had an iffy special effect like the one where Emily Blunt sprints on a tree branch 😎

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: BhetuPunha

I am no expert on special effects but I live for special effects  and special effects in Bhuj were as seamless and HQ like those in Jungle Cruise👍🏼, which too had an iffy special effect like the one where Emily Blunt sprints on a tree branch 😎

Okie doke - havent watched Jungle Cruise, but I seriously doubt what u r saying 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Execution was dry otherwise the concept & acting (barring Sonakshi Sinha) had potential. Sadly, it just felt that the pacing of the movie was elongated. Sanjay Dutt looked unrealistic in the ending scenes as a one guy taking over the entire army. 

Quite possibly the worst war film ever made, especially if you watch Shershah before it. The melodrama is nauseating. Also made me appreciate Sunny Deol...its not easy to entice patriotism with such cheesy dialogues like Paaji can. 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Though the story of the event is inspiring, the movie sucked

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Okie doke - havent watched Jungle Cruise, but I seriously doubt what u r saying 

Congratulations🥳, that is quite an improvement, you atleast accepted you have not watched Jungle Cruise unlike Bhuj😉. You will get there, stay up 👍🏼.