Balika Vadhu 2

Balika vadhu review(based on first 2 episodes)

Gummy_bear thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

I didn't review the first epi coz I couldn't make out much from it, neither can I make that out from just 2 episodes, but still going for it.

Acting performances- Both the woman(Anandi and jigars mother) are better performers than the men is what i feel, the actor playing anandis father is a good actor, his accent and acting seems fine nd convincing, though he can improve during emotional scenes, while I feel the actor playing jigars father can tone down a little. Both the lead kids are not yet introduced, so cannot tell about them. The old lady also needs to tone down, nd the one playing hetal, the typical gali ki mohalle wali aunty😆also seems over the top. The one playing anandi's mama was good👍🏼

Story- just 2 episodes so cannot really judge, but story by far appears captivating, keeps you hooked, except for some moments. The main social issue is child marriage of course, nd side by side in the second episodes we had infertility as another social issue, which I want to see being dealt rather than the woman being continuously insulted by being called banjh.

Direction and other things- I have kala Akshar bhais barabar knowledge regarding all this, it appeared fine is all i can say😆

Negative points- hetal nd her friend is just the typical daily soap aunt u find in every show, she's unnecessary nd just kept to add Mirch masala, her fights with the baa seem over the top nd unnecessary. Also, depiction of child marriage could be a bit more realistic, it was shown in promos that the baby Anandi gets married itself, which is quite unrealistic, yes, child marriages hoti h, but atleast 12-13 year old ki, ok, 8 year old protagonist is also fine, jo ki h

Positive aspect- too early to say anything about anything else, but title song gets 10/10

Overall- 7/10 👍🏼

Also, epi 2 is lot better than epi 1

Edited by aastha12345 - 2 years ago