Farah Khan bumps into 'icons' Mumtaz and Reena Roy

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

When not directing or choreographing, Farah Khan Kunder always manages to delight netizens with her social media game. Over the weekend, she dropped a major photo on the social media app and sent netizens into a frenzy. The photo featured none other yesteryear stars Mumtaz and Reena Roy as well as veteran actress Malika Randhawa. While we were truly delighted to see these veteran actresses dining together, Farah Khan Kunder had a huge fan girl moment. 

Taking to Instagram, Farah revealed that she was lunching at a restaurant when she bumped into the divas who were also dining there. Farah wrote, "What JOY to bump into my favourite ladies.. #ICONS of Bollywood.. @mumtaz_diva_of_bollywood reenaroy_mylove #mallikarandhawa #fanmoment .. they hav such grace and joi de vivre.. n so full of fun.. thank u @shaadrandhawa for leaving ur lunch n clicking our pics (sic)." 

The comments section was full of happy comments as netizens loved the photo. "All beauties in one frame," wrote one fan While another commented, "Divas who dropped thunder onscreen in 70s."

farah khan mumtaz reena roy mallika randhawa

Interesting ! Minus farah khan though.

Wow love Reena Roy. I like Mumtaz too. They both still look so good. They need to work in movies with powerful roles and good content. Reena Roy still has a lot of spark in her when she dances.

Nice picture.

I thought Mumtaaz was dead. She was cute back then.  Farah must have bored them to death with that voice of hers. 

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

I thought Mumtaaz was dead. She was cute back then.  Farah must have bored them to death with that voice of hers. 

She had breast cancer but recovered, thankfully. 

During their respective times, both Mumtaz and Reena Roy were in the big league of heroines and the highest paid actresses. Also, Mumtaz was the top numero uno female star in the early 1970's.

Edited by RoNoSarKar7 - 2 years ago

Isn't Mumtaz his MIL?

Edit

Oops, Farah khan not Fardeen

Edited by desigrl05 - 2 years ago

I really like Mumtaz and Reena. Both are self made, did feisty roles and are survivors. Mumtaz is a cancer survivor and Reena survived despite an abusive marriage.

Both had a hard journey but persevered.

Mumtaz is a miraculous story of a character actor, stunt woman type actor who later played vamp and finally became top female lead. Her graph is unimaginable. It is very rare for a stunt woman to become main lead and give biggest hits with the biggest male superstar of her time later.