Pandya Store|Episode Discussion#73|Suman Sathiya Gayi (RED ALERT) - Page 6

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by milkcakejamun

Regardless of how much we bashed the episode... I agree with you, Piu... ITV is sometimes a reflection of what happens in reality. My own mother was shamed for not having a child within one year of her marriage, even my aunt was pressured to have a child... which is why I do not mind ITV showing these awful conversations... because they do happen and my mother is very frank about all her experiences as well as the experiences other family members faced.

What I do have a problem, though, is that the voices of the younger generation are constantly being stampeded upon. I've always considered media to be an avenue for change. Fashion trends, new ideas, and fads can all be inspired by media. You honestly have the power to change how the audience thinks if you have a good storyline as Harry Potter managed to change the thinking of an entire generation by teaching them values such as friendship, courage, facing your fears... and Pandya Store was set up to have the power to change the audience's thinking style as well...

In the beginning of the show, I admired Dhara (wanted to give her a standing ovation) when she pushed children off for 10 years to focus on the store and her family. She was right... a baby would not have made any of their lives easier, and it would've severely impacted Dev, Shiva, and Krish's future if the store did not become any more financially successful. Over the years, she probably faced countless taunts, but she never once bowed down to pressure. If GauRa naturally came to the conclusion to have kids on their own accord (instead of becoming emotionally blackmailed by family), it would have sent out a very solid message to the audience.

Suman's taunts and drama in the past 2 episodes were unpalatable. Yes, there are mothers-in-law like this... but, it gets constantly tiring when someone like Rishita is unable to get their final word. Why does she constantly have to get shut down? As a family member, she should be respected in ways that are not tied to her fertility... even Raavi... why does she always have to put on a smile if her husband is pushing her around and disrespecting her...

As a TV show, PS should be showing how the audience can make change in their own lives. Rishita should've been praised by Suman, or even another character in the background, as she was right. Krish, or another character, should've held Raavi and given her a silent nod of, "It's not you... it's definitely not you in the wrong." That's how we recover from the pain we are subjected to 

Word to everything you said. Even if Suman is behaving in this bizarre manner, I wish the men took some stand in their life! 

The younger women need voices, Avi! 

Trust me; I love the younger lot when they have the guts to talk back to toxic parents, shitty relatives and in-laws! 

I never call them out; I applaud them. When we were kids, I had so many restrictions, and now, when I see aggressive young women living life as per their wishes, I feel happy. But, there are many younger women like Raavi who have no mental ability or insight because of years of conditioning. 

Raavi always used to hit back Shiva and would never take a shit. What has she been reduced to? A dumbhead who cries. 

And, good Lord, Rishita being threatened to get pregnant or being thrown out was the worst

Regardless of how much we bashed the episode... I agree with you, Piu... ITV is sometimes a reflection of what happens in reality. My own mother was shamed for not having a child within one year of her marriage, even my aunt was pressured to have a child... which is why I do not mind ITV showing these awful conversations... because they do happen and my mother is very frank about all her experiences as well as the experiences other family members faced.

What I do have a problem, though, is that the voices of the younger generation are constantly being stampeded upon. I've always considered media to be an avenue for change. Fashion trends, new ideas, and fads can all be inspired by media. You honestly have the power to change how the audience thinks if you have a good storyline as Harry Potter managed to change the thinking of an entire generation by teaching them values such as friendship, courage, facing your fears... and Pandya Store was set up to have the power to change the audience's thinking style as well...

In the beginning of the show, I admired Dhara (wanted to give her a standing ovation) when she pushed children off for 10 years to focus on the store and her family. She was right... a baby would not have made any of their lives easier, and it would've severely impacted Dev, Shiva, and Krish's future if the store did not become any more financially successful. Over the years, she probably faced countless taunts, but she never once bowed down to pressure. If GauRa naturally came to the conclusion to have kids on their own accord (instead of becoming emotionally blackmailed by family), it would have sent out a very solid message to the audience.

Suman's taunts and drama in the past 2 episodes were unpalatable. Yes, there are mothers-in-law like this... but, it gets constantly tiring when someone like Rishita is unable to get their final word. Why does she constantly have to get shut down? As a family member, she should be respected in ways that are not tied to her fertility... even Raavi... why does she always have to put on a smile if her husband is pushing her around and disrespecting her...

As a TV show, PS should be showing how the audience can make change in their own lives. Rishita should've been praised by Suman, or even another character in the background, as she was right. Krish, or another character, should've held Raavi and given her a silent nod of, "It's not you... it's definitely not you in the wrong." That's how we recover from the pain we are subjected to 

Couldn’t have said it better ❤️

Originally posted by Transference

Word to everything you said. Even if Suman is behaving in this bizarre manner, I wish the men took some stand in their life! 

The younger women need voices, Avi! 

Trust me; I love the younger lot when they have the guts to talk back to toxic parents, shitty relatives and in-laws! 

I never call them out; I applaud them. When we were kids, I had so many restrictions, and now, when I see aggressive young women living life as per their wishes, I feel happy. But, there are many younger women like Raavi who have no mental ability or insight because of years of conditioning. 

Raavi always used to hit back Shiva and would never take a shit. What has she been reduced to? A dumbhead who cries. 

And, good Lord, Rishita being threatened to get pregnant or being thrown out was the worst

My favorite ITV characters are those who take a stand against culture norms... I idolize female leads who can stand on their own two feet without any help from outsiders, who are always ingenious, who stand up stronger after being pushed down...

And my favorite male leads are those who support the female lead.

Dev supports Rishita only when she stands up for Dhara which is the biggest disappointment, and Shiva has been acting like a fickle clown these past few days..

How will Rishita, Raavi, even Dhara ever stand up for what they believe in if their husbands never support them during the moments they need them most? A strong female lead can only be so strong until all the taunts wear her out 😢 How can I go stronger if my idol is being beaten away?

Edited by milkcakejamun - 2 years ago

I seriously felt bad for Dhara in the precap, shows what impact society's taunts can have on a woman 🥺

Dev giving sermons to Shiva: 

Dude- a few days ago, I had applauded you for saying the right things to Shiva, but I guess I would chew my own words. 

For a man, who should keep an arm’s distance from Raavi-Shiva, you've done enough damage for them to last a lifetime. Let them breathe. 

What should Shiva share with you? 
Brother, I read my wife’s diary; guess what? She wanted to kiss you and hates me! 

I don't think any sibling, no matter how comfortable they are, would be okay to share such intimate details. 

So, stop pushing the wrong buttons. Instead, say, Shiva, you need to understand Raavi and give her time. 

And, Shiva, you grown-up fool! You used to be my voice of reason. Right from childhood, you even dissed a paralysed Suman for pulling Dhara’s hair. Where is that reasonable Shiva! 

You, of all people, should know that love can not be forced. So, stop hanging Raavi on the ledge for not loving you back! She is entitled to feel whatever she can! 

And, by what logic divorce will be the magical solution in this regressive Somnath. I am sorry, but the level of insensitivity towards Raavi is breaking my brain. 

Edited by Transference - 2 years ago

I found another thing irritatingly weird about yesterday..we r talking abt the support rishitha or raavi should have got..atleast rishitha got devs support..but didn't u find it weird right after ravi was pushed by shiva..and she left the hall to her room..dhara went back to continue her mehendi..krish to dancing with girls around.. .gombi I dnt knw..maybe to play carrom...krish was so close to them I would have expected him to atkeast try to follow ravi..maybe suman stops him..but he didn't even bother..and dhara..the so called ma..neither did she go to ravi to give her support..nor did she go to shiva to have a word with him.. and same for gombi..they r supposed to be the parent figure..their bache is openly insulting their wife in front of public and they r too busy with themselves to care abt it..I can't help it, in these two episodes rishitha and dev became the better humans in pandya nivas...

Edited by deeps07 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Madheart

I seriously felt bad for Dhara in the precap, shows what impact society's taunts can have on a woman 🥺

Actually in real-life..if a women experience even half of the pressure this serial is showing on dhara, it would be enough for her not to conceive..tension affects body very badly for such matters..I myself have experienced it..it was my aunt who advised me to let it go out of my head..and not to listen to relatives.. kid will happen when we r mentally and physically strong...and worrying ruins health...she was so right..after I relaxed and didn't bother myself thinking abt it...got preg with my girl after 3 months..now I have a great piece of advice for her when she grows up..here dhara might need medical help first to see if she needs treatment..but other than that family should only encourage her and give her strength..herebin the name of encouragement they r pressurising her..stupid people..

Yeah  I agree with you.... this kind of things do happened in real life. But what sad is that only rishita takes stand against this....

Why not Dhara???? Why she standing there and taking their crap???? Why she want to become a good bahu??? 

Why not raavi???

How can they expect raavi to be happy after getting insult??? Kya ab woh ro bhi nhi sakti???

And why only women have to take stand for themselves????

A man has no duty?? To protect them, make them feel secure.... fight for them against injustice.....

When a woman take stand they called her with weird names... insult them... threaten them.... why...

And this is sad reality.....

If they show us that gombhi, dev and shiva stops their mother to speaking rubbish to their wives then it's treat to watch this show.... 

But No.... kaam ke waqt sab chale jate h....

I know in real life also women has to fight for themselves....

This is so frustrating 🤔

Originally posted by deeps07

Actually in real-life..if a women experience even half of the pressure this serial is showing on dhara, it would be enough for her not to conceive..tension affects body very badly for such matters..I myself have experienced it..it was my aunt who advised me to let it go out of my head..and not to listen to relatives.. kid will happen when we r mentally and physically strong...and worrying ruins health...she was so right..after I relaxed and didn't bother myself thinking abt it...got preg with my girl after 3 months..now I have a great piece of advice for her when she grows up..here dhara might need medical help first to see if she needs treatment..but other than that family should only encourage her and give her strength..herebin the name of encouragement they r pressurising her..stupid people..

Big hugs 🤗