Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Transference

I swear I would be so angry if Shiva even dares to have this child conversation with Raavi! 

I don't think he would... he doesn't seem like the type to force romance onto someone just to have a child so his mother could be happier.

If his insecurities are anything, it just seems like he wants to be loved for who he is. He doesn't want Raavi to think she should be forced to stay with him... because for him, this marriage happened and he fully accepted it. If he is unwilling to talk to her at the moment due to all his insecurities, I know he would be unwilling to romance her for the cause of having a child...

It would be absolutely out of character for him if he did that

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

The last time something had triggered me so badly was Draupadi Vastraharan happening in SP mythological show.

I think the way women are treated in our society is atrocious. Trust me when I say this, serials reflect many things that happen in real life. Mohalla ki aunties and their taunts are common in hinterlands. 

Saas and her drama are standard. Though things are shown extremely dramatic on TV, sadly, a lot of women undergo such trauma. 

Dhara is the representation of the early millennial generation who would lead dual lives. One of progression and the other bearing the taunts of baby boomers. 

Rishita is the perfect Gen Z representation who fights for their rights. 

And, Raavi finally represents women who, despite belonging to the younger lot, have to follow a lot of nonsense! 

Honestly, I admire today’s women, especially teens who at least don't agree with everything these disgusting Suman kinds sprout from their mouth! I absolutely abhor Suman sometimes! 

Transference thumbnail
Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

I don't think he would... he doesn't seem like the type to force romance onto someone to have a child so his mother could be happier.

If his insecurities are anything, it just seems like he wants to be loved for who he is. He doesn't wish Raavi to think she should be forced to stay with him... because for him, this marriage happened and he fully accepted it. If he is unwilling to talk to her at the moment due to all his insecurities, I know he would be unwilling to romance her for the cause of having a child...

It would be absolutely out of character for him if he did that

I hope that's true, or else he will turn irredeemable in my eyes. 

A child deserves to be brought into this world only if the parents are willing and are able to provide for him/her.

Do the makers have any idea how many children are abandoned by families who don't have the means to take care of them! 

The way Suman taunted Rishita was pukeworthy. Her words implied that if Rishita doesn't bear children, it's the end of the world for her! 

I am so angry at CV’s!  

Edited by Transference - 2 years ago
Transference thumbnail

These good for nothing men deserve two Jhapads! 

milkcakejamun thumbnail

Regardless of how much we bashed the episode... I agree with you, Piu... ITV is sometimes a reflection of what happens in reality. My own mother was shamed for not having a child within one year of her marriage, even my aunt was pressured to have a child... which is why I do not mind ITV showing these awful conversations... because they do happen and my mother is very frank about all her experiences as well as the experiences other family members faced.

What I do have a problem, though, is that the voices of the younger generation are constantly being stampeded upon. I've always considered media to be an avenue for change. Fashion trends, new ideas, and fads can all be inspired by media. You honestly have the power to change how the audience thinks if you have a good storyline as Harry Potter managed to change the thinking of an entire generation by teaching them values such as friendship, courage, facing your fears... and Pandya Store was set up to have the power to change the audience's thinking style as well...

In the beginning of the show, I admired Dhara (wanted to give her a standing ovation) when she pushed children off for 10 years to focus on the store and her family. She was right... a baby would not have made any of their lives easier, and it would've severely impacted Dev, Shiva, and Krish's future if the store did not become any more financially successful. Over the years, she probably faced countless taunts, but she never once bowed down to pressure. If GauRa naturally came to the conclusion to have kids on their own accord (instead of becoming emotionally blackmailed by family), it would have sent out a very solid message to the audience.

Suman's taunts and drama in the past 2 episodes were unpalatable. Yes, there are mothers-in-law like this... but, it gets constantly tiring when someone like Rishita is unable to get their final word. Why does she constantly have to get shut down? As a family member, she should be respected in ways that are not tied to her fertility... even Raavi... why does she always have to put on a smile if her husband is pushing her around and disrespecting her...

As a TV show, PS should be showing how the audience can make change in their own lives. Rishita should've been praised by Suman, or even another character in the background, as she was right. Krish, or another character, should've held Raavi and given her a silent nod of, "It's not you... it's definitely not you in the wrong." That's how we recover from the pain we are subjected to 

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nups_mish

Joke of the century🤣🤣

Well... in his defense, even he said there's unnecessary taunting going on in the show 🤣

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Originally posted by: ItsmePriya

🤓🤓

What relatable...teaching us how to make rooms🤪

Relatable in teaching us WikiHow articles are KING!