Posted: 2 years ago

I think happy endings make movies memorable. Devdas may be an exception. But yeah, I honestly feel Sid’s chapter was well thought of and ended the right way.

Posted: 2 years ago

Few days ago, I watched this movie. I remember when I had watched this movie many years ago I had felt Sid-Tara story was boring but now I felt their story was more interesting among all 3  stories. 

I would say Sid's feelings for Tara was beyond infatuation. He did love her but his feelings were pure and selfless. He knew Tara is a depressed woman due to her failed marriage and is terribly missing her daughter. He knew she may never have any feelings for her and he was ok with it. He told Aakash that he doesn't want to marry her, he just wants to love her. The biggest problem in their story I felt was how people around him ruined everything for him. Aakash's comments about their relationship were really nasty and disgusting and he deserved the slap for it. So were Sid's mom's comments that how can u even think of loving an alcoholic divorced woman who is much older than u. People around him literally made him feel guilty of falling in love with an alcoholic older woman and that made him go away from Tara. Even Tara herself made him feel like he hurted his mom by loving her. 

Tara was a lonely depressed woman whose life was getting better due to her friendship with Sid. Though she may not have fallen in love with him but at least his friendship and their bonding could have made her come out of depression and maybe even alcoholism. This movie actually showed how society's expectations ruined a relationship.

Btw, all these years I used to think the gal in the last scene was that gal who was shown in the beginning having feelings for Aakash but I was so wrong.🙊 😆 Maybe if they had shown Sid ending with that gal who used to like Aakash then probably the ending would have looked more realistic. But seriously Dil Chahta Hai was really an awesome movie. 👍🏼