Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

After Taapsee and Priyamani, Pooja Hegde supports Kareena Kapoor Khan

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Pooja Hegde is the latest Bollywood actress to come out in support of Kareena Kapoor Khan's alleged fee hike. According to media reports, Kareena Kapoor Khan had hiked her fee to INR 12 Crores for the role of Sita in a Ramayana adaptation. This had caused a massive furore on social media with netizens weighing in on the actress's decision. Pooja Hegde has said that Kareena Kapoor Khan is asking for what she thinks she's worth.

"Like the song goes, 'Kuch toh log kahenge, logo ka kaam hai kehna (People will always have an opinion because that's what they do)'. That's a part and parcel of the job and I am sure even Kareena herself was unfazed by it. More power to her! She is asking for what she thinks she is worth and it is the producer's call at the end of the day on what he thinks he can pay. So more power to her. The more women realise their worth, the more they will even get what they deserve," Pooja Hegde told a leading daily.

Earlier, Taapsee Pannu and Priyamani had come out in support of Kareena. "Regarding the pay parity I would definitely say that if a woman is asking for what she deserves I think it is because she deserves it. That is her market thing and she deserves it what she is asking for. So I don't think you should question that...These ladies have reached a point where they can say what they want to... You can't make a comment on that person just because you think that it's wrong that doesn't mean that the person doesn't deserve it," Priyamani had told an entertainment portal while Taapsee had said: "If it would have been a man in that position, who would have asked for a particular amount, it would have been looked upon like, 'iski market badh gayi hai (his worth has improved)'. Like that guy has really achieved big success in life. But because a woman is asking for it, she's called 'difficult', 'too demanding'. It's always like that."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Oh, I thought in support of the bible!