Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

|| Rambling Thoughts ~ Where my mind speaks aloud ||

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello readers,

I am opening my first ever writing index where I will be penning down my rambling thoughts in the form of stories (mostly fictional, sometimes non-fictions too and my most favorite genre which is detective thriller series). 

Yours truly,

Simantini 

Hit like if you wish to get PM on new updates!

Edited by Interstellarr - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

This is my first story which I'll be continuing in parts. I had thought about this story a few months back and penned it down then. Your feedback will be really appreciated. 

Chapter 1

Leaving home

I have completed reading Dad's message on Mom's cellphone which has been left on the table, for the umpteenth time. The thought of "finally we all are going" has sent a wave of excitement through my whole self. I came to the living room where Mom is busy packing stuffs and instructing Gulabi Masi to bring this and that. I stand there for a few seconds, then decided to go to my elder sister's room. There she was busy packing her books and stuffs. Some she put in her school bag and the rest she kept in her side-table.

"Didi, when do you think we will start off?", I asked.

"Mom said Friday", she answered without looking at me.

"So we have two more days!!".

"Apparently yes", she said.

"How long it would take us to reach there?"

"I dunno. Maybe a whole day or two. Have you arranged your stuffs for packing?"

"Nope", I said instantaneously.

I have been so lost in the thoughts of the new place, new home and the new school since I have heard the news, that I hardly even thought of arranging my own stuffs for packing.

"Then go and do it right now", she ordered.

"So would we come and visit here sometimes? I mean after going there would we-"

"Ofcourse no. Why would we come here? Our house has already been sold."

I stared in astonishment. I knew that we are going to leave this place and stay in some hills hereafter where we will have a beautiful home in the heart of nature and I never need to go the old boring school of mine. And I thought we will visit here again when we would have holidays. But I never knew that we will leave forever this "home".

I left and came to my room. I can't believe that some other people will come and stay in our house and would use "my room" which I never thought was so precious to me till date. I started doing my part of job as instructed with an unknown sort of excitement mixed with a little bit of pain in my heart. The thought of leaving this home forever where I spent my ten long years since my birth suddenly seemed so painful to me.

While bidding goodbye to this home filled with tons of memories, I remember every tiny little things I did here. There lies my haphazard drawing with color pencils almost on every walls as if to display my art to the whole world, not caring of how worse it may be. And there in the terrace I along with my sister usually played our favourite ship journey game by sitting on that swing seat. We used to travel to some distant lands through this game. I think the thirst for visiting and exploring new place was always there within us, thus I felt so happy and excited to move to the new place since I heard the news but I never wanted that at the cost of leaving this house forever.

Finally the day of our leaving this house and our new journey to the new home in a new place has been arrived. When the packers and movers have completed loading the last of the few boxes onto the truck, we bid a final goodbye to this house with teary eyes and got up on our car which is too full of our personal belongings in its back side.

As soon as the car started, Mom called Dad on phone and informed him that we had started off from here. I bent my head on the side window and looked out to get a better view of the roads and the trees while the cold air blowing over my forehead. My mother and sister sat beside my seat. Gulabi Masi, our house staff, sat in the back seat and Akhilesh Kaka, her husband, is driving the car. I have heard from mom that both of them are with us long before my birth. So they have been a part of our little family. My father got transferred last year to a hill station, nearly 500 kms away from our place. But we didn't shift there because Mom thought that our studies would affect as the new session got started already by then. When Dad came during the Puja holidays, he told Mom that the new place is extremely good with a very pleasant weather, plus he got to know that there is a very good school where me and my elder sister both can get an admission for the next session. Thus he had decided that we would shift there completely once our session got over. 

After few hours Mom said, "Ira and Kuhu, would you like to eat sandwiches now?"

"What have you brought? Veg or Chicken, Mom?", I asked. 

"Both are available. You can eat anything you wish to, Kuhu", she said.

"Then chicken please, Mom".

Hey Ira, what about you?

"I am not hungry, Mom", my elder sister, Ira replied having her headphones on.

AWanderingSoul thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

A good start. You have described well about the emotions of leaving a home nd place of birth. Hope you continue. 

Eagerly waiting for chapter 2

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Originally posted by: Infinitely

A good start. You have described well about the emotions of leaving a home nd place of birth. Hope you continue. 

Eagerly waiting for chapter 2

Thank you so much, Didi❤️❤️🤗🤗💗💗

Originally posted by: Interstellarr

This is my first story which I'll be continuing in parts. I had thought about this story a few months back and penned it down then. Your feedback will be really appreciated. 

Chapter 1

Leaving home

I have completed reading Dad's message on Mom's cellphone which has been left on the table, for the umpteenth time. The thought of "finally we all are going" has sent a wave of excitement through my whole self. I came to the living room where Mom is busy packing stuffs and instructing Gulabi Masi to bring this and that. I stand there for a few seconds, then decided to go to my elder sister's room. There she was busy packing her books and stuffs. Some she put in her school bag and the rest she kept in her side-table.

I have been so lost in the thoughts of the new place, new home and the new school since I have heard the news, that I hardly even thought of arranging my own stuffs for packing.

I stared in astonishment. I knew that we are going to leave this place and stay in some hills hereafter where we will have a beautiful home in the heart of nature and I never need to go the old boring school of mine. And I thought we will visit here again when we would have holidays. But I never knew that we will leave forever this "home".

I left and came to my room. I can't believe that some other people will come and stay in our house and would use "my room" which I never thought was so precious to me till date. I started doing my part of job as instructed with an unknown sort of excitement mixed with a little bit of pain in my heart. The thought of leaving this home forever where I spent my ten long years since my birth suddenly seemed so painful to me.

While bidding goodbye to this home filled with tons of memories, I remember every tiny little things I did here. There lies my haphazard drawing with color pencils almost on every walls as if to display my art to the whole world, not caring of how worse it may be. And there in the terrace I along with my sister usually played our favourite ship journey game by sitting on that swing seat. We used to travel to some distant lands through this game. I think the thirst for visiting and exploring new place was always there within us, thus I felt so happy and excited to move to the new place since I heard the news but I never wanted that at the cost of leaving this house forever.

Finally the day of our leaving this house and our new journey to the new home in a new place has been arrived. When the packers and movers have completed loading the last of the few boxes onto the truck, we bid a final goodbye to this house with teary eyes and got up on our car which is too full of our personal belongings in its back side.

As soon as the car started, Mom called Dad on phone and informed him that we had started off from here. I bent my head on the side window and looked out to get a better view of the roads and the trees while the cold air blowing over my forehead. My mother and sister sat beside my seat. Gulabi Masi, our house staff, sat in the back seat and Akhilesh Kaka, her husband, is driving the car. I have heard from mom that both of them are with us long before my birth. So they have been a part of our little family. My father got transferred last year to a hill station, nearly 500 kms away from our place. But we didn't shift there because Mom thought that our studies would affect as the new session got started already by then. When Dad came during the Puja holidays, he told Mom that the new place is extremely good with a very pleasant weather, plus he got to know that there is a very good school where me and my elder sister both can get an admission for the next session. Thus he had decided that we would shift there completely once our session got over. 

Hey Ira, what about you?

❤️

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Simaaaa kuch likho 😆

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Hey Neha, gonna update my detective crime fiction in few days. Just give me sometime to settle in Bangalore now.😛

Edited by Interstellarr - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Interstellarr

Chapter 1

Leaving home

Hey Ira, what about you?

Wow