Posted: 2 years ago

Personally for me the most special moment was seeing Pankaj’s name in the lead credits.I know he absolutely doesn’t give a damn about it but as someone who has followed his work closely and admired every bit of it, it was indeed special to see him make the strides from supporting characters to the lead ones. It won’t be exaggeration to call him  Sanjeev Kumar of the modern era, only a much better version!

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/entertainment/pankaj-tripathi-you-will-see-a-new-pankaj-tripathi-in-mimi-7231291.html

I just watched and the film is amazing👍🏼

music is amazing too afterall its ARR and param sundari tops it all ,loved the choreography too kirti ace it

excellent performance by kirti & pankaj tripathi👍🏼

after a long time a good movie is grace on-screen👍🏼

the entire cast was good and the film was light hearted but with a heart and a good message👌🏼

the supporting cast were truly a star🏆

Edited by Mages - 2 years ago

What was the point of that Arabic song?

Originally posted by cutejodikangal

Personally for me the most special moment was seeing Pankaj’s name in the lead credits.I know he absolutely doesn’t give a damn about it but as someone who has followed his work closely and admired every bit of it, it was indeed special to see him make the strides from supporting characters to the lead ones. It won’t be exaggeration to call him  Sanjeev Kumar of the modern era, only a much better version!

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/entertainment/pankaj-tripathi-you-will-see-a-new-pankaj-tripathi-in-mimi-7231291.html

Well technically this still is a supporting role as the main protagonist is Kriti and it is being sold as her film. It doesn't matter though, he still is considered the best part of any movie he is in. 

lovely heartwarming film

pankaj was great in comic and emotional scenes, for me he was the star of the movie

kriti was good nice to see her experimenting

the boy who played raj was cute he had a nice bonding with kriti

her parents were nice especially dad was cute with using his name when she becomes a star

dadi was great in the pregnancy revelation scene she seemed genuinely concerned about her grandchild over everything else

the movie was engaging and unique, definitely was adapted to suit indian audience e.g. obsessed with fair skin, reactions on pregnancy etc

surrogacy couple had a small role but summer was good in the scene with raj

nice message at the end it is a relevant issue

This was an amazing film! Finally a good film from BW with an amazing starcast.

Everyone was brilliant. Kriti played her role so well and she looked the part as well. Sai Tamhankar as Shama was nice to watch, Manoj Pahwa and Supriya Pathak were so sweet and lovely as Mimi's parents. It was fun to see their banter and their love for each other. The rest of the supporting starcast was lovely as well. The kid who played Raj was soooo cute!

And no I didn't miss a name. I left his name to the end for a reason. Pankaj Tripathi. This man is just brilliant. He embodies every character so well, it's like there is no Pankaj Tripathi, there's just that character. I wasn't watching Pankaj Tripathi onscreen. No I was watching Bhanupratap Pandey. He is in the leagues of Sanjeev Kumar, Irrfan Khan, Manoj Bajpai. An actor who just becomes the character they play. WAH!

The movie was engaging, emotional, comic, sweet, nurturing, everything. It was well-adapted to the Indian audience and ended with a very nice message.

And A.R. Rahman's music was stellar. The music doesn't really do justice on its own. When I heard the album, I liked the songs, but they didn't do much for me. But when you watch them in the movie (and with the full story), they suddenly make so much sense and help the story along.

Definitely a paisa vasool movie and if it had aired in theatres, I would have been there watching it. I rarely go higher than a 4, but this movie deserves a 4.5 out of 5. I'm cutting 0.5 for some of the overdramatic emotional scenes between Mimi and Summer.

The movie started off a predictable and boring note (or may be because I had seen so much of the story in the trailer itself, the narrative here didn't particularly interest me). The actual drama only begins in the second half.

The first half is mostly dry, with a couple of chuckles here and there thanks to Pankaj Tripathi. Another highlight song is the Param Sundari track, it is mesmerizing to watch, it would have been epic on the big screen.

The writing of the other characters is quite weak. Especially her family, you never understand how they are. It's a bit unrealistic that they are so understanding with every lie that Mimi says. Thoda toh conflict dikhao. The fact that they readily accept everything - nahh, not buying it. These characters should have been sketched better. They only appear like props to me.

I also felt Kriti's performance was quite flat. I couldn't help but think how someone like a Parineeti would have elevated this role and pulled off a much more compelling performance. Or even an Anushka.

Pankaj Tripathi is the only one who delivered a noteworthy performance.

A couple of spoilers from here:

Why does the kid speak in a gora accent even though he was brought up completely in a small Rajasthani town?

How does the angrezi couple go from taking legal action to gain the custody of their child to letting him go and adopting another girl? The change of heart happens way too fast and is shown hurriedly. Same with how quickly Kriti goes from fighting for her son to giving him up.

I wish the first half was dealt with a little faster and they spent more time detailing out the characters and stretching out the drama a little bit.

Overall, it's an average fare... 2.5 stars. 

I forgot to mention the music. It is one of the major highlights of the film. It seamlessly takes the story forward and sometimes even makes you forget the film's flaws when it's playing. I loved Rihaayi De picturization too.

It was a really nice film.

Pankaj tripathi works so well for comedy and emotional scenes.... he was so good.

Kriti did an amazing job. She has the accent down so well (not her native language is it?) 

All the supporting actors are really really good.

Param Sundari and AR Rehman song were really good. Rest were so-so. Background music sucked. Specially the comedy background music. The film and acting was really funny and did not need cluttering from BGM to lift them up. 

The writing was overall commendable. Some parts were unrealistic but the core of it - the ethical dilemma - was so strong. 

Overall - a good watch. 

Just watched MIMI.

Mimi 2021 Hindi poster.jpg

Everyone was going nuts about Pankaj Tripathi in the trailer (deservedly so) but it is Queen Kriti Sanon who is the star of the show. What a performance. The arc of the character is kinda cliché from her being a young in-your-face sort of a girl and then she faces turmoil and becomes a strong woman. But she does it with such finesse that it's so impressive - not only that, but she does things in her own way, her own acting style which she seems to have carved out is in full display in this project.

Supporting cast is excellent. In particular Sai Tamhankar - every scene, every frame, every expression is 100%. The few scenes where she really gets to emote, she steals our heart, I've never seen her before but I'm a fan now. I usually find Supriya Pathak slightly overrated, but she has done a role where she is NOTHING like what we might usually see her as, her performance is outstanding. And even better than her, Manoj Pahwa shines so brightly. Pankaj is supremely talented, he even out-does his previous performances, he's just spot-on in every frame.

The American couple start off well, but in the second half the woman's acting is just really weird. I didn't like the way the story ends, I wish MIMI had more agency. It's just too much about the couple being in charge of proceedings, instead of our queen.

Music by A. R. Rahman is spectacular, apart from the chartbuster Param Sundari, we have the gut-wrenching Rihaayi De, the bubbly as phuck Yaane Yaane and the beautiful Hututu.

I really didn't like the final 20 mins of the film, although Kriti saves it with her acting, but the story just starts falling apart for me.

Kriti Sanon is now the frontrunner for the Best Actress Award(s). She is slightly ahead of Taapsee (Haseen Dillruba), Sanya (Pagglait), Parineeti (Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar).

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️