Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rajeev Khandelwal speaks on refusing Big Banner films

loveandhope9204 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Rajeev is an actor I adore and Vicky here talks to him about Kahiin to Hoga, Bollywood and Rajeev's wife Manjiri.

The bollywood part starts from 20.19 onwards. Vicky seems like a BIG fan of Rajeev from his Sujal days and is trying to get Rajeev to share about why he refused to do certain films from big banners. Rajeev is just so much into his zone of being happy enough to refuse so many scripts, producers, big banner opportunities. I mean, I now feel Rajeev's case was not a case of nepotism that didn't allow him to progress, but Rajeev and his pickiness himself. He could've EASILY been a big BW name - He had the masses and stardom like no other in TV. Rajeev just deprived us of a possibly big BW star in the making.😳

I feel the way Rajeev describes his choices towards the projects he took up, was more from a 'what interests me' and what gave him satisfaction more, even if those projects in the end bombed or never saw the light of the day (never got released). I wish Rajeev was a little more thoughtful of the audience that loved him so much and did projects, for their sake too. Some big banner films, experimented in multi starrers, commercial films too. His career graph would have been somewhere else now. I wish he thought more from what he audience would like to see him in, versus ONLY what he wanted.πŸ˜”

Anyone wants to discuss this video and discuss his BW choices?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCX0Q50ZeP0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by loveandhope9204 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

Bookmarking to watch later

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

Shame he turned down those offers because he is way more talented than 99% of the current lot. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Watched for a few minutes starting at the 20 minute mark. My god. He sounds so arrogant and delusional. No wonder he flopped out. πŸ™„

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotchoco

Watched for a few minutes starting at the 20 minute mark. My god. He sounds so arrogant and delusional. No wonder he flopped out. πŸ™„

How so? 

This content was originally posted by: hotchoco

He does and being a huge fan of Rajeev myself, since his Sujal days, I cannot deny how arrogant and delusional he sounds in this interview.πŸ˜” Sometimes, I wish he wasn't so selfish thinking about what work to pick up and what not to, simply basing on how he feels...but I wish he picked up good work with good PHs, for the sake of the audience that loved him SO much too. He owed them atleast something, for the adulation he got.

This content was originally posted by: mothymoth

Shame he turned down those offers because he is way more talented than 99% of the current lot. 

Yes. On one hand he says, that if the audience didn't enjoy a project of his, he think that flopped..but on the other hand, he refuses to pick projects that could be a hit with the audience. And only focused on what felt good to him. 

Even though he feels he was a bad actor during the KTH days, but I feel he was more organic and natural then, as opposed to now. He speaks of learning so much from these flop films he did, and the people he worked with but I still thought, his acting was better off in those days when he was actually a household name.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: loveandhope9204

He does and being a huge fan of Rajeev myself, since his Sujal days, I cannot deny how arrogant and delusional he sounds in this interview.πŸ˜” Sometimes, I wish he wasn't so selfish thinking about what work to pick up and what not to, simply basing on how he feels...but I wish he picked up good work with good PHs, for the sake of the audience that loved him SO much too. He owed them atleast something, for the adulation he got.

I never saw his serials but remember liking him in Aamir and Shaitaan and wondered where he had disappeared. 

One of the most important things is to be personable and easygoing and the way he's talking, he acts like he's so superior and was making demands from big directors. Then whines that some of his movies weren't given big releases or weren't released at all and it was all other people's fault. I mean you gotta be honest. Your films didn't release because you didn't have any star power and instead of building it, you had a superiority complex about how you're so different and unique. You can't talk about quality either if you were doing TV shows like Sach Ka Samna which I remember being such a trashy show.

He's still acting so high and mighty about a failed career as if he himself chose not to become a star. I didn't fail - I chose to fail. πŸ˜†

Ofcourse, there's always that risk of the films not releasing or being shelved with smaller PHs, as opposed to larger ones that are a lot more reliable. But a bigger banner film he was doing with Sanjay Leela Bhansali got shelved as well. Yet I feel, apart from excusing him for the Bhansali film..everything else was poor choices from his end and the inability to be humble enough to accept offers from bigger, better producers.

Sach Ka Saamna was a crappy show yes, but the problem with Rajeev seems like he's unable to put himself in the shoes of another or his audience, to see what actually works with the audience. He's looking at everything from the perspective, of what appeals to only him. That's a very short-sighted perspective to have :( I wish he was bold or humble enough to acknowledge that he messed up. 

He's after here for acting and loves acting, why they would he defend his choices of not having a PR, a Manager or making the right choices.πŸ˜”

Besides, the TV show he did (KTH) was a huge, huge show. I have seen actors on TV having fans, but I haven't seen stardom on TV experienced by any actor, the way Rajeev has experienced it. Yet he still brushed off what it gave from, when the anchor quizzed him about KTH in the beginning of the video.πŸ˜”Atleast he could acknowledge that with humility.

I mean, his counterparts on TV could see what he didn't and even Ekta herself did (whom he had a fall out with and who's show he walked out from)

1.15 to 2.00 - Harshad and Ronit speaking about how much the TV show gave him

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8kKrZcxs4&t=1s[[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXjjWYPE_k[/YOUTUBE]