Guys you have to read this book - The Maidens by Alex Michaelides - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation, looks great ❤️. I love thrillers ,though the recent ones I read have been under warming.

Originally posted by Mahisa_22

Baap re. Onek daam to. Ager tar cost kirokom? 

haha ha anek dam. paperback e ager ta cost 500 hobe. But I love hardbacks❤️

I read it minty. I loved it perhaps even more than The silent patient . But all these years of thriller book reading and movies made me a Pro in assuming the culprit and even in this case I guessed it right.

Nevertheless I loved the reading experience.

Can you suggest some of the best page turners?

Originally posted by Kamala05

I read it minty. I loved it perhaps even more than The silent patient . But all these years of thriller book reading and movies made me a Pro in assuming the culprit and even in this case I guessed it right.

Nevertheless I loved the reading experience.

Can you suggest some of the best page turners?

I'm glad you loved it❤️

Oh you guessed the culprit? Wow!! I was completely shocked and taken aback.

Some other good page-turners:

The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker - This one is brilliant, it's absolutely a gem as far as thrillers go

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn - This one is quite gripping even though rather lengthy

The Wife Between Us by by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen - This one is also pretty good, it's definitely very engrossing

These are the best 3 thrillers I've read recently....very interesting!!!

Originally posted by mintyblue

I'm glad you loved it❤️

Oh you guessed the culprit? Wow!! I was completely shocked and taken aback.

Some other good page-turners:

The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker - This one is brilliant, it's absolutely a gem as far as thrillers go

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn - This one is quite gripping even though rather lengthy

The Wife Between Us by by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen - This one is also pretty good, it's definitely very engrossing

These are the best 3 thrillers I've read recently....very interesting!!!

Regarding the culprit after reading first few chapters I guessed the person but got confused in between and towards the end before the hint I knew that my guess was right. But the narration was too good. 

Is this about the lady who suffers from Agoraphobia? If so, I have watched the movie in netflix. 

I will read the other two books if it is available in kindle. 

Edited by Kamala05 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

I wish I could read books. 😞

If you have ever read or sincerely want to make reading a habit, the best genre is thrillers. I would suggest Gone girl for starters. I read it literally in one go without even taking loo break. Gone girl helped me in rekindling the reading habit. 

Originally posted by Kamala05

If you have ever read or sincerely want to make reading a habit, the best genre is thrillers. I would suggest Gone girl for starters. I read it literally in one go without even taking loo break. Gone girl helped me in rekindling the reading habit. 

Wow awesome! Unfortunately I already watched the movie!

I rarely find time to read anything now.  But after reading this thread,  I decided to place a hold in our local library for both the books and just got notified that The Silent Patient is ready for pick up.   Looking forward to reading the book.

Growing up, there was an aunty in our lane who used to run a small library.   My cousins and I used to borrow books from there and read them.  Ah, the good old days! 

I wish there were more such libraries.  But alas, don't see many (or rather any at all for that matter) now 😔

I didn't like Silent Patient much, was over hyped for me... But yeah it was a quick read. Lemme look into The Maidens... 

Anyways, wanted to ask if anyone has read The Forest  Of Enchantments and The Palace of illusions? 

Also, The Stationery Shop of Tehran and The Little Coffee shop of kabul? 

Edited by VintageWine - 2 years ago