•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

You guys, the soundtrack is out!!!

7 tracks. I just played it twice all the way through, and oh my god, I don't want to overhype it but I really enjoyed it.

Mimi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Album by A.R. Rahman | Spotify

Tracklist:

1. "Param Sundari" - Shreya Ghoshal

2. "Rihaayi De" - A.R. Rahman

3. "Yaane Yaane" - Rakshita Suresh

4. "Hututu" - Shashaa Tirupati

5. "Phuljhadiyon" - Shilpa Rao

6. "Choti Si Chiraiya" - Kailash Kher

7. "Rock A Bye Baby" - Julia Gartha, Khatija Rahman

Track 1: Param Sundari is growing on me loads, I love the choreography in the video. Shreya sounds gorgeous on any Rahman track, and this upbeat fun dance number is no less.

Track 2: Rihaayi De, this one was heard in the trailer. It's my favourite. It's one of those sad/pensive/mood songs. A song that you listen to when you don't know what's going on in life. My type of song ❤️

Track 3: Yaane Yaane - who the hell is Rakshita Suresh?? Never heard of her, but her vocal performance in this song is outstanding. There are middle-eastern elements in it. The song is CUTE. I think it's about the arrival of the baby.

Track 4: Hututu - another journey-type of song, about life, new beginnings, it's lush. Shashaa sounds heavenly on it.

Track 5: Phuljhadiyon - the queen of Ghunghroo Shilpa Rao is back with another foot-tapping number. Can't wait to see the video for this.

Track 6: Choti Si Chiraiya - Kailash Kher delivers a very emotional sad song, it reminds me of the Ankhon Dekhi soundtrack. The song is about finding your wings and flying. 

Track 7: Rock A Bye Baby *SPOILER* I think this song may reveal something about the story of the film that many would not want to know, so do avoid this one if that is you. Although I'm not sure, just a hunch. Who is Khatija - Rahman's daughter? Her vocals are ace.

Overall, it's a very enjoyable soundtrack. I love that many of the songs are with the theme of empowerment, journey, freedom, courage.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

OMG so excited. A R Rahman album after so long. Can't wait!!!

A.R. Rahman used to compose such lovely tracks....now he has also changed with time and I didn't really like the soundtrack of dil bachara either with the exception of the title track!

Param Sundari is @ 40 million views already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ClQO0FFQg

*NEW* Rihaayi De video dropped today, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpAJ319Np4

Edited by Rekha_ji - 2 years ago